Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Pickle85

My usual knee jerking as preseason plays out has started. Just bought Timber in based on very little.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I know it’s the same every year, but it’s crazy that they have no more guaranteed assets than Haaland. Even Grealish, who was pretty nailed, just doesn’t excite.

Foden is the one, but we have all been there before many times.

Pickle85

I know it’s the same every year, but it’s crazy that they have no more guaranteed assets than Haaland. Even Grealish, who was pretty nailed, just doesn’t excite.

Foden is the one, but we have all been there before many times.
I'm taking grealish to start. He's not enormously productive but after a full season I'd hope (in FF terms) that he lifts off this season.

Maluco

I'm taking grealish to start. He's not enormously productive but after a full season I'd hope (in FF terms) that he lifts off this season.
I think the problem with Grealish is that he just isn’t explosive. You can’t imagine big hauls with him, just ticking along with assists.

You would think, for a team that won everything, there would be more assets.

I think I might go for Foden, but Pep never seems to fully trust him. They could just as well lineup up with Kovacic and Bernardo.

Pickle85

De Bruyne?
Worried about minutes this year.
I think the problem with Grealish is that he just isn’t explosive. You can’t imagine big hauls with him, just ticking along with assists.

I think I might go for Foden, but Pep never seems to fully trust him. They could just as well lineup up with Kovacic and Bernardo.
Yeah agreed. You'd imagine he'll average 3.8 pts per game or something over the course of the season. Re foden, I've been sucked in too many times by him. I'm steering clear which probably means he's on for a big season.

Woodywizz

First year for me in this. Is there a league code to join? Apols for the noob question

Maluco

De Bruyne?
I think this is possible because, if he is back, he will need minutes to get his fitness up, which could be great over those first 6 fixtures.

He is definitely one to watch and see if he is ready to go.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Mahrez has been removed from the conversation, so unless they buy big, it's either Bilva or Foden on the right now.

No Gundo central anymore either, so their options have been squeezed a little.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Onana has been added 5m
Cool. I had a placeholder for him as I fancied him and Arsenal defender over Shaw and Ramsdale.

Current draft

Onana
Stones Gabriel Estupinan
Bruno Rashford Saka Mitoma Diaz
Jesus Haaland

Not sure whether to go with Diaz or Trent for Liverpool. Or neither. Also double United defence (would be Shaw and Onana) worked really well last season. I wonder if that's too risky this season with a new keeper bedding in.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Things coming o the end slowly. 13 are nailed. Now i am between Kluijvert/Nkunku combo vs Mitoma/Ferguson.

Zerbi rotates strikers too much so Ferguson seems as a gamble. Nkunku is new in the league but he will play every game i think. Kluijvert should be a starter and having 5 mil attacking midfielder could be a bargain.

Maluco

Things coming o the end slowly. 13 are nailed. Now i am between Kluijvert/Nkunku combo vs Mitoma/Ferguson.

Zerbi rotates strikers too much so Ferguson seems as a gamble. Nkunku is new in the league but he will play every game i think. Kluijvert should be a starter and having 5 mil attacking midfielder could be a bargain.
When you say “13 are nailed”, could nothing sway you in pre-season and seeing how teams set up?

Only thing I am still deciding on is if I should start with any Spurs/Chelsea. Both look great after first two gameweeks.

Think I will probably start with two chelsea and see how Spurs look and save the two transfers.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
When you say “13 are nailed”, could nothing sway you in pre-season and seeing how teams set up?

Only thing I am still deciding on is if I should start with any Spurs/Chelsea. Both look great after first two gameweeks.

Think I will probably start with two chelsea and see how Spurs look and save the two transfers.
Tbh, only injuries can turn me away from these 13. Ok, these 12 because i am still hoping for 4 mil gk who will start games.

Spurs had 3 away games and United at home in first 4. I would stay away from them.

saik

Seems like both Trafford and Areola started in their friendlies for Burnley and West Ham respectively. If Areola emerges as their first choice GK, he's a decent option as a 4m starting GK.

Current Draft with 2m itb:

Onana, Areola
Estupinan, Shaw, Gabriel, Botman, Mings
Martinelli, Saka, Foden, Rashford, Kluivert
Nkunku, Haaland, Vinicius.

No Liverpool player is an issue. Foden/Kluivert/Nkunku will probably go out for 1 of Diaz/Jota/Gakpo depending on who looks likely to start after their preseason.

Caf league code

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Tough choice between Shaw and Onana for me. Could go Stones over Shaw
Same for me. I already have Bruno and Rashy, but I really want Shaw. Already have 3 Arsenal players so no Ramsdale. Not a lot of keepers for 5m left that are worth it. And the extra .5m for the GK position pains me. I got Estupinan, Trippier, Botman, Gabriel and Mings for now.. Probably going to switch up the whole team at least 15 more times as per usual.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Same for me. I already have Bruno and Rashy, but I really want Shaw. Already have 3 Arsenal players so no Ramsdale. Not a lot of keepers for 5m left that are worth it. And the extra .5m for the GK position pains me. I got Estupinan, Trippier, Botman, Gabriel and Mings for now.. Probably going to switch up the whole team at least 15 more times as per usual.
I might actually get rid of Rash and go for Foden instead. Could be a mistake but ETH has said Garnacho will get more time, we’ll have a proper striker hopefully and there’s also Sancho in the mix.I’d have Onana, Shaw, Bruno then.

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
Current tinker.
In bold would be team for GW1:

Flekken
Shaw Stones Estupinan
Chilwell Beyer
Martinelli Bruno Saka Foden Mitoma
Haaland Jesus
Surridge

Currently thinking about the triple up in Arsenal attack. They have great starting fixtures, they scored 9 in the exact same fixtures last season and could do the same or more again. Saka and Martinelli were both great last season too.

No Liverpool is the only thing, I like Jota and he could find his way in.
I can have either Rashford or Bruno, still have 0.5m in the bank. I wouldnt go with both.
Chilwell is there for GW3 onwards, but I had a terrible time with Chelsea defence last season and could bank the £1m and make him Matty Cash or someone instead.
Still not sure about keepers yet.

Maddison at Spurs is a possibility as well. Gonna take a look and see how pre-season goes, see if Kane stays etc. Son could be a good price again if he/they can sort themselves out.

One thing I dont want to do this year is start with too many gambles/wild picks. Started with Wolves' Neto last season after Twitter FPL bandwagon and he ended up on 2 assists all season.
Current team with £1.5m in the bank:

Onana Heaton
Gabriel Stones Estupinan Colwill Beyer
Martinelli Rashford Saka Foden Mitoma
Haaland Nkunku
Mubama

I feel pretty set with this team. Nkunku looks like a starter for the season.
I think theres enough quality in the team the first couple of weeks to get points, then with £1.5m and transfers get the in form players in.

Still could get Son in for Foden, want to get a look at Spurs pre-season. Would leave £0m in the bank, which is fine too. Son is likely to play 100% of the time, Foden isnt.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
I might actually get rid of Rash and go for Foden instead. Could be a mistake but ETH has said Garnacho will get more time, we’ll have a proper striker hopefully and there’s also Sancho in the mix.I’d have Onana, Shaw, Bruno then.
Yeah was thinking about it as well, but I'll do it once we actually bring a striker in.

Maluco

Jackson looked electric coming on last night. He could definitely join the ranks of the sparse forward choices.

paulscholes18

0.5 ITB

Onana
Gabriel TAA Estupinan
Saka Rashford Mitoma Mbeumo Foden
Haaland Jesus

Areola Beyer Baldock Archer

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Kabore should start most games for Luton as RWB and is at 4.0 might be good enabler.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Love that someone said templates will be hard this season, when there's already quite a stand out one.

Haaland Jesus up front
3 from Saka/Rashy/Bruno/Foden
Mitoma & Mbeumo
Onana or Ramsdale with 4m Wham keeper
3 or 4 from Stones/Shaw/Estu/Chilwell/Gabriel

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Pickford
TAA - Shaw - Estupian
Saka - Son - Rashford - Mbuemo
Haaland - Nkunku - Joao Pedro

Areola
Botman
Baldock
Nakamba

Maxed budget. I think it's a bit too risky tbh. Son, Nkunku and Pedro are all punts. Pedro is a £30m forward signing wearing the number 9 though.. feel like he could smash it but maybe not off the get go. Nkunku similar. Son might step up again.

Any thoughts?

Maluco

Pickford
TAA - Shaw - Estupian
Saka - Son - Rashford - Mbuemo
Haaland - Nkunku - Joao Pedro

Areola
Botman
Baldock
Nakamba

Maxed budget. I think it's a bit too risky tbh. Son, Nkunku and Pedro are all punts. Pedro is a £30m forward signing wearing the number 9 though.. feel like he could smash it but maybe not off the get go. Nkunku similar. Son might step up again.

Any thoughts?
I really like this. You look at it and see it’s got TAA, but it doesn’t feel like there have been big sacrifices to get him in. Good solid options in Haaland, Saka, Rashford, Shaw, TAA, Estupinan. Three punts are probably the maximum you would want early on but I think they are three with massive potential.

I think you are right about Joao Pedro too. Brighton are not the type of club to spend 30 million on a rotation option. Nkunku you would want to ride out until those excellent fixtures anyway and Son is an easy downgrade to any other midfielder in the game who isn’t Salah/KDB.