g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Premier League 23/24

ROFLUTION

Any 4.5 midfielders/strikers that will start? (Or just play a little here and there)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
You are the man who i need now. Cheap defender and attacker from Luton who are starters for them?
I'll go through it properly and do a player by player break down next week as a few of our key players aren't on the game yet, including our bloody captain :lol:

But for now, Bell is a guaranteed starter at £4m. Andersen just got bought in but feel like he should be a starter for us as we just broke our transfer record to buy him and he's also a defender at £4m. In terms of attackers, Morris is our main goal scorer at £5.5 and Adebayo usually starts alongside him, who is £5m.

Also, Doughty plays left wing but is listed as a defender.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
As much as I try and avoid this until late on, I always forget as league chairman at work I have to put a team in first to get the league running!

It starts again!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Haaland at 82% ownership already. They’ve made him cheap once again ffs.

Newtonius

Haaland at 82% ownership already. They’ve made him cheap once again ffs.
How do you dissuade that other than just having it be impossible to make a team with him in it, was always going to be high regardless of the cost.

SteveCoppellFan

I am not even going to look until a couple of weeks before the season starts.

Too many transfers are likely to be made before the season starts and line ups can change all the time.

I am enjoying the FPL break before i jumped fully in to the new season !!

Is there a RedCafe cash league this season ? :)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
How do you dissuade that other than just having it be impossible to make a team with him in it, was always going to be high regardless of the cost.
This is it. Make him 16m+ and give people a real choice. Either you have his points and sacrifice heavily elsewhere, or you sacrifice his points but invest that money in other premiums.

This year, just like last year is now dead in terms of captaincy with everyone captaining their 80% owned player. The only way he won’t have the armband is an injury or plum DGWs for other premiums.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Anyone else tempted by Mount at 7m? Seems a good price.
Depends where he plays. If he's deeper than Bruno as expected then no not really. Placeholder team...

Pickford Leno
Shaw Zinchenko Estupinan Botman Bell
Bruno Martinelli Son Diaz Mitoma
Haaland Jesus
Adebayo

£0.5m in the bank

redcucumber

Depends where he plays. If he's deeper than Bruno as expected then no not really. Placeholder team...

Pickford Leno
Shaw Zinchenko Estupinan Botman Bell
Bruno Martinelli Son Diaz Mitoma
Haaland Jesus
Adebayo

£0.5m in the bank
I reckon there'll be a lot of back and forth with who bombs up between him and Bruno, and he'll also be on set pieces. But yeh, new player in a new setup is always a risk.

Decent team that. Not sure about Son.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I reckon there'll be a lot of back and forth with who bombs up between him and Bruno, and he'll also be on set pieces. But yeh, new player in a new setup is always a risk.

Decent team that. Not sure about Son.
:lol: yeah neither am I. Will probably end up with Trent in the defence and Son out for someone in the £6.5m region.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I just can't find the motivation to do it. Maybe I'll wait a few weeks. Think the Haaland perma cap has ruined the game and that's no one's fault but it is what it is.

SteveCoppellFan

I will start with TAA, Salah, Bruno, Haaland and Kane and work out the rest.

Going by some of the teams shown here, probably means my team will be littered with 4.5m bargains !

ROFLUTION

We probably wont get Kane but the thought of having potentially 5 players from United is fun.

cant see Mount getting great numbers (or unlimited gametime) neither with Fernandes being the main man.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Is having 5 United players fun though? You're gonna have to transfer them out straight away which will be annoying if you want someone who's injured out instead.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Draft no. 1:

Ramsdale Areola
TAA Shaw Estupinan Saliba Botman
Bruno Saka Maddison Mbeumo Mitoma
Haaland Ferguson Morris

The prices don't make sense again. I should not be able to build a squad like this.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
As things stand for now; i am thinking about going without Salah. Not happy about that but until i find out cheap midfielders, can't afford a gamble with having Salah and bunch of average options.
At this moment it is option A;
Raya, Olsen
Shaw, James (here we go again), Estu, Stones (Taylor)
Salah, Foden, Bruno, Mitoma (Baptiste)
Nkunku, Haaland, (McAtee)
Or option B;
Ramsdale, Olsen
Taa, Shaw, Estu, (Bell, Mings)
Rashy, Bruno, Saka, Kluijvert (Enzo)
Ferguson, Jesus, Haaland

Option B i like much better

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Is having 5 United players fun though? You're gonna have to transfer them out straight away which will be annoying if you want someone who's injured out instead.
Yeah, no sense. Wasting transfers there from day one. Especially in first few GWs where some hot and cheap options will pop up.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
This is it. Make him 16m+ and give people a real choice. Either you have his points and sacrifice heavily elsewhere, or you sacrifice his points but invest that money in other premiums.

This year, just like last year is now dead in terms of captaincy with everyone captaining their 80% owned player. The only way he won’t have the armband is an injury or plum DGWs for other premiums.
This.

If any player is more than 70% owned they’re too cheap and it’s to the detriment of the game, whether that’s a 4.0 enabler or a 14.5 star player.

Having a perma cap robot that’s 80% owned before the game has even started (thus his ownership will go up even further before GW 1) is a massive fail.

They should’ve chucked historical pricing out the window made him 16m.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Assuming we buy him, anyone fancy Onana as United defence cover? Expect he'd be £5m in the game and from what we've seen he's a ball playing gk so should be a bps magnet.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
I've selected Garnacho. Anyone else think this is the season he becomes a global star or is this a hipster move destined to fail?

Any sign of Nkunku?

Edit. Found Nkunku. Chelsea have that many player there is a 2nd page.

Last edited:

paulscholes18

Assuming we buy him, anyone fancy Onana as United defence cover? Expect he'd be £5m in the game and from what we've seen he's a ball playing gk so should be a bps magnet.
Yes, Would go Onana and Gabriel rather than my current Ramsdale and Shaw.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I've selected Garnacho. Anyone else think this is the season he becomes a global star or is this a hipster move destined to fail?

Any sign of Nkunku?

Edit. Found Nkunku. Chelsea have that many player there is a 2nd page.
I know you found him but I'll quote this just as a tip for anyone else looking for some players.

If it's a player new to the league, you need to change the sorting from the default 'total points' to 'price' or they won't show up automatically.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Ramsdale

James Stones Chilwell

Saka Maddison Rashford Mbeumo Martinelli

Haaland Watkins

4.0, Botman, Baldock, Archer

My first draft. Will tinker with it over the coming weeks. Double Chelsea full backs is risky, especially when both are a bit injury prone but both of them are just so fun to own when they're fit. Debating between Stones and Shaw. Would normally always side with the full back but if Stones is going to be playing in midfield again then I feel he's a no brainer. Could also do Ramsdale to a 4.5 keeper and upgrade Mbeumo to Sterling depending how he looks in pre season.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Ramsdale

James Stones Chilwell

Saka Maddison Rashford Mbeumo Martinelli

Haaland Watkins

4.0, Botman, Baldock, Archer

My first draft. Will tinker with it over the coming weeks. Double Chelsea full backs is risky, especially when both are a bit injury prone but both of them are just so fun to own when they're fit. Debating between Stones and Shaw. Would normally always side with the full back but if Stones is going to be playing in midfield again then I feel he's a no brainer. Could also do Ramsdale to a 4.5 keeper and upgrade Mbeumo to Sterling depending how he looks in pre season.
No Liverpool…