Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dropping Haaland has allowed me to buy like 7 of the 8 other top scorers. Still not sure it was the right choice though lel.

Made an early transfer as Palmer will go up in price today or tomorrow. Foden out -> Palmer in
I will not play him next GW, so it is just to free up as much money as possible to get Salah in GW14.

92 all out for GW12.

Some nice green arrows!

No nailed on plan now at the moment, going to ride it out a little.

Areola

Taylor - Cash - Gabriel

Son - Salah - Bowen - Saka - Hee Chan

Haaland - Watkins

Subs: Turner (GK), Archer, Tsimikas, Burn

All I can take from this so far is I'm not that confident on my current defence longivity.

Cash is coming into a slight fixture swing not in his favour, but Villa have a good home record - potential value sale if others start flogging him and drastically hammering his value (he is due to drop tonight but I dont mind this as I am still in the green with him), but happy to keep him until GW15 but more than likely well beyond.
Burn is out long term so will need to action sooner or later - he has already dropped in price and I will break even on him anyway
Hee Chan - served me well in a quick swap out when Neto got injured.

So for GW13, I think I will just flog Burn and get in a defender oh which I am still looking into a solid replacement. I could yet sell Hee Chan as he was just a temporary plaster, but he isnt a bad option for some gameweeks coming up and could also sit on my bench - but it then means I'd have a tiny pool of defenders for some tricky gameweeks where I need 4 or the 5 have decent fixtures to allow me to rotate. Tsimikas will then eventually fall away when Robertson is back, so in theory my core 3 is - Cash/Gabriel/Burn Replacement, which isnt great

Strikers and Midfielders are 95% done and dusted until an injury comes in. Would really like to get the defence nailed similarly and try be a little ahead of the curve

Thinking of binning Cash for either Gabriel or Zinchenko. Also want to bring in Branthwaite for Kabore asap.

It's getting the order right. Got Tsimikas who has City away next game week. I have Lascelles too but I've not been keeping up on Botman injury news.

Last edited:
Never mind that, where have you been for months and months old son?
Evening.

Had ever increasing “list of shit” and something just tipped me over the edge (not that person’s fault, just the proverbial straw that broke the camels back).

Had to change/sort some things and taking a break from something on here was part of what I needed/told to do.

Sorted some stuff out, spent a lot of time going up and down Snowdon and more running - did first half marathon distance a couple of months ago, not v quick but….

Anyway, hope you’re well? :) How’s fantasy football and Wycombe doing?

Evening.

Had ever increasing “list of shit” and something just tipped me over the edge (not that person’s fault, just the proverbial straw that broke the camels back).

Had to change/sort some things and taking a break from something on here was part of what I needed/told to do.

Sorted some stuff out, spent a lot of time going up and down Snowdon and more running - did first half marathon distance a couple of months ago, not v quick but….

I have been busy myself recently with my own business, but nice to see you posting and glad to know you’re ok!

Show us your FPL team @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson so we can laugh at it!

Spoiler alert, until this latest transfer, I had the ultimate troll Digne so whatever your team is, can't be worse than that!
“A team” (ha) ;

Areola Turner
Tsimikas Maguire Cash Lascelles Guehi
Son D.Luiz Salah Rice Maddison
Watkins Haaland Hojlund

OR 949k (awful decisions GWs 9 and 10 and just recovering). £102.9m

———————————————————————

“B team” (no Haaland, experiment with captaincy) ;

Areola Johnstone
Cash Guehi Trippier TAA Tsimikas
Mitoma JWP Salah Son D Luiz
Watkins Alvarez Hojlund

Played BB last week, 28 points. Very fluky.

OR 545k (again suffered GWs 9/10). £102.1m

Hojlund is my blind spot but I pick him hoping for a hat trick and a win/win weekend…. it’ll be great when it comes.

Laugh away…. I do:)

“A team” (ha) ;

Areola Turner
Tsimikas Maguire Cash Lascelles Guehi
Son D.Luiz Salah Rice Maddison
Watkins Haaland Hojlund

OR 949k (awful decisions GWs 9 and 10 and just recovering). £102.9m

———————————————————————

“B team” (no Haaland, experiment with captaincy) ;

Areola Johnstone
Cash Guehi Trippier TAA Tsimikas
Mitoma JWP Salah Son D Luiz
Watkins Alvarez Hojlund

Played BB last week, 28 points. Very fluky.

OR 545k (again suffered GWs 9/10). £102.1m

Hojlund is my blind spot but I pick him hoping for a hat trick and a win/win weekend…. it’ll be great when it comes.

Laugh away…. I do:)
Drop Hojlund and Rice and that A team is decent. But obviously need to deal with Maddo.

B Team should be the A Team once you drop Hojlund and find a way to get the cyborg.

Evening.

Good to see you back. Will have to get the muscle memory in my fingers back getting used to tagging you into the weekly desperate advice requests!

Running will deffo make it all feel better, well done on the HM.

Wycombe started rubbish, got better but probably going to linger in mid table truth be told.

Ha. I deserve that for transferring in Bowen early. Oh well give Archer a run out if he doesn't play. Will reassess whether to keep him next week.

I read that he's returned to training this week, not that he's been getting many points anyway and probably won't against Spurs either.
True, but transfer him to who? I have Trippier, Saliba,Cash, Kabore and Taylor at the moment with 0.0 money in the bank(don't wanna double up on Arse defence tho) :lol:
Maybe take a punt on Branthwaite...

True, but transfer him to who? I have Trippier, Saliba,Cash, Kabore and Taylor at the moment with 0.0 money in the bank(don't wanna double up on Arse defence tho) :lol:
Maybe take a punt on Branthwaite...

Hmmm I'm not transferring him out. I think he's still the highest rated defender for XGI by far. I still want to add Porro to him and Trippier when Spurs fixtures take a turn as well but midfield needs sorting first.

Cash, Udogie - Keep or sell?

Douglas Luiz - Keep or Sell?

Alvarez to Solanke?
1. Tough call, I have massive defensive problems myself, but unfortunately I don't have room for defensive moves for a couple of weeks. I'm keeping my problem players (Cash, Al-Dakhil and Lamptey) and focus on putting out other fires for now. If you don't have other pressing matters I would sell one of them for Saliba/Gabriel.

2. Easy sell. Never was an FPL option, and never has been. Has massively outperformed his numbers this season and 0,06npxG/90 and 0,08xA/90 is just not what you want from any of your attacking 8 players. Penalties or not, golden rule of FPL: never buy 6s or 8s. Tougher fixtures comming up and better options in the same pricerange out there.

3. As much as I love to see opponents fail, this is a big NO! He plays for the 6th worst attack in front of the 3rd worst defense defense in the league. There are no good fixtures for Bournemouth. Do not knee jerk Solanke into your team off the back of one good performance. Before the Newcastle game Solanke sat on 0,44xG/90 and 0,05xA/90. Solanke is a horrible finisher and has through his 5 seasons in the PL consistantly underperformed his numbers by 30% (bottom 2%). You don't want an attacker that has a history of being a consistant poor finisher that is ranked 24th in the league for xG+A/90 for players that have played at least 450 minutes so far this season. Fun fact: Solanke has blanked in 86 of his 108 PL games in his career.

Here's a list of strikers who play for better teams, have better numbers (most of them massively better) AND are better finishers (some of them massively better):
Haaland (1,44xG+A/90), Wilson (1,39xG+A/90), Nunez (1,35xG+A/90) (? on the finishing for Liverpool, but was hot at Benfica), Isak (1,16xG+A/90), Watkins (0,96xG+A/90), Jackson (0,94xG+A/90) (? on the finishing for Chelsea, but was hot at Villareal) , Joao Pedro (0,78xG+A/90) and Mcburnie (0,63xG+A/90) - Solanke (0,59xG+A/90 - including the Newcastle game).

Other honorable mentions are:
Awoniyi (0,57xG+A/90), DCL (0,51xG+A/90), Alvarez (0,51xG+A/90), Edouard (0,50xG+A/90) who are all better finishers than Dom, and you have Jesus who's back from injury now (played for Brazil in the international break, but also a horrible finisher).

If you don't like or can afford any of these alternatives go for a cheaper guy and spend the money on one of the 15 midfielders and 1 defender that are more likely to return than him every time they enter the pitch (in ranked order and including injured players all with more than 450 minutes this season):
Salah, Palmer, Saka, Mbeumo, Son, Diaby, Bruno, Eze, Hwang, Estupinan (defender), Maddison, Richarlison, Doucoure, Bowen, Jota and Gordon.

+ good midfield shouts who are better finishers with above 0,50xG+A/90 (in ranked order and including injured players all with more than 450 minutes this season):
March, Sterling, Mitoma, JWP, Neto, Gakpo, Diaz, Foden, Silva, Rashford and Soucek.

Players that didn't make the list, but might deserve a mention (same criterias and between 0,4-0,5xG+A/90):
Antony, Doku, Nketiah, Hojlund, Elanga, Wissa, Ferguson, Johnson, McNeil, Morris Odegaard, Cunha, Brown, Enzo, Tripps and Foster.

My team right now:

Johnstone (Turner)
Tripps, Mitchell, Cash (Al-Dakhil, Lamptey)
Saka, Bruno, Eze, Gordon (Palmer) (Might start Palmer over Gordon)
Haaland (C), Watkins, Nunez

0 free transfers. 5,1M ITB
Plan is to get Salah in for Bruno on Saturday and assess the defense in the upcomming GWs. I want to keep Cash if possible because AVL plays SHU at home in the GW18 blank.
I also plan to play my WC in GW19 and make up some lost ground there.

Hmmm I'm not transferring him out. I think he's still the highest rated defender for XGI by far. I still want to add Porro to him and Trippier when Spurs fixtures take a turn as well but midfield needs sorting first.
I'll prolly replace Cash with either Porro or James in couple gameweeks later, need to sort out my midfield too.

Here's a poster they clearly either loves pain or is new to FPL :lol:
Haha yeah i know James history in FPL( it's my 3rd season playing) but i have feeling he will do good this time! :lol:
Joking aside, still thinking of it though but i might get Porro back most probably.

Here's a poster they clearly either loves pain or is new to FPL :lol:

:lol:

OIP.hbTsog94AXrqhQsSs6C7bQAAAA

Thanks to injuries, my only dilemma this weekend is whether to start Branthwaite or Taylor. If I remove my United bias, the obvious answer is Branthwaite, as Burnley haven't kept a clean sheet yet. But Taylor does offer more attacking threat.

I'm also looking at a triple Chelsea of James, Palmer and Nkunku for their great run of fixtures after this GW. :nervous:
Don't. I looked at their "great run" and got in Jackson, Sterling and Chilwell on WC and then spent 3 weeks getting rid of them one by one. I would have been ranked so much higher had I not done that.

Don't. I looked at their "great run" and got in Jackson, Sterling and Chilwell on WC and then spent 3 weeks getting rid of them one by one. I would have been ranked so much higher had I not done that.
Well, Jackson is garbage. :lol: James and Nkunku coming back should make them better. Palmer especially at that price is a no brainer.

And yeah I'm not falling for the Chelsea triple up again either. Palmer is just a no brainer at that price. Sterling and James can feck off. Will keep an eye on Nkunku though when he's up and running.

Seems Haaland and Udogie might feature/be fit to start but Bowen is definitely out.

Who can I bring in for Bowen as i have Mbuemo, Martinelli, Salah...can't afford Son.

Status
Not open for further replies.