FAO: 1995 FA Youth Cup winning team

westlife4ever

apparently Phizza was the only player who made the grade into first team from that FAYC winning side.

Who else were in that team? I can only remember Terry Cooke...

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
westlife4ever said:
apparently Phizza was the only player who made the grade into first team from that FAYC winning side.

Who else were in that team? I can only remember Terry Cooke...
Paul Gibson, Phil Neville, Ronnie Wallwork, Michael Clegg, Ashley Westwood, John Curtis, Danny Hall, Neil Mustoe, Grant Brebner, David Johnson, Dessie Baker, Terry Cooke, Phil Mulryne, David Hilton, David Gardner

All these players featured in the two legged final as United defeated Tottenham on penalties.......

Neville, Wallwork, Clegg, Curtis, Cooke and Mulryne all made the first team.....most have gone on to have good careers in league football albeit outside of the Premiership...

westlife4ever

TonyPark said:
Neville, Wallwork, Clegg, Curtis, Cooke and Mulryne all made the first team.....most have gone on to have good careers in league football albeit outside of the Premiership...
thanks Tony!

when I said "made the grade", I meant "established":cool: Wallwork, Clegg, Curtis, Cooke and Mulryne were all fringe players.

oskarutd

Well, now Richardson, Eagles and Bardsley are the only United players from the last winning FA-youth team. I guees that none have too bright hopes for their United futures.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
oskarutd said:
Well, now Richardson, Eagles and Bardsley are the only United players from the last winning FA-youth team. I guees that none have to bright hopes for their United futures.
bards has a chance

westlife4ever

oskarutd said:
Well, now Richardson, Eagles and Bardsley are the only United players from the last winning FA-youth team. I guees that none have too bright hopes for their United futures.
Heaton was in that team also, and Adam Eckersley took some part too.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
westlife4ever said:
Heaton was in that team also, and Adam Eckersley took some part too.
Heaton was named as a substitute keeper in six of the eight games including the final and although he picked up a winner's medal....he didn't play..

Adam Eckersley was a non-playing substitute in the opening tie against Newcastle and did not get into the squad after that....

Neither played in the winning season but made their FA Youth Cup debuts in 2003/04.........

Interestingly, Tommy Lee was a substitute keeper for three Youth campaigns 2001/02, 2002/03, 2003/04 but never got a game!