FAO Tottenham Hotspur | Fighting Cock Goes Into Meltdown | Glast...gone

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think this might it for them as top 4 team.

They need to get the summer perfect and then hope Liverpool and Chelsea don't get better.

City are a given for top 4
I doubt Arsenal will regress enough to fall out
United idk
Newcastle will probably spend big again so they'll be in the mix
Liverpool I think will be better
Chelsea surely won't be as bad
Brighton are dark horses but I think it'll be de Zerbi's first real test
They won't be finishing even 6th next season. They play 5 at the back and yet have conceded 59 goals! Both keepers are 36 so that's the first big problem and not like they can just go and sign Mike Maignan or someone of that calibre. Perhaps they'll go for Raya but he'd fancy Man. United over them unless he's fully settled in London.

Romero is fine but very rash and the rest of their defenders are mediocre, Dier, Lenglet, Davies, Porro etc.

Then upfront Richarlison has offered very little, Son has lost half a yard in acceleration which has impacted his game majorly and Kane just has 12 months left.

They could easily have a Chelsea type season next year if the Kane replacement flops.

Abraxas

They are mind bogglingly bad. No shots in a half of football, ridiculous. Conte left them right in the shit. It wasn't too bad while they actually had a manager. Now they have the same problems, but no manager and no motivation as a result.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
They are mind bogglingly bad. No shots in a half of football, ridiculous. Conte left them right in the shit. It wasn't too bad while they actually had a manager. Now they have the same problems, but no manager and no motivation as a result.
I think after so many different managers and the same tumescent football, you have to look at the players and recruitment. I don't think you can blame Conte for leaving. With the squad they had, this was inevitable. I actually think the same would have happened if he'd had come here.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I think this might it for them as top 4 team.

They need to get the summer perfect and then hope Liverpool and Chelsea don't get better.

City are a given for top 4
I doubt Arsenal will regress enough to fall out
United idk
Newcastle will probably spend big again so they'll be in the mix
Liverpool I think will be better
Chelsea surely won't be as bad
Brighton are dark horses but I think it'll be de Zerbi's first real test
Their future is very bleak.

They probably have the worst roster talent of any of the "top seven" (including Newcastle now). They also have the least financial resources once you look at revenues plus how much owners are willing to put in. They also probably have the worst academy (along with Newcastle). They don't have a manager or a DoF.

I don't see them getting back into the top four (or five may soon be more relevant with the CL changes) anytime soon. They need a complete roster overhaul but I can't see Levy doing what it takes - in terms of ruthlessly cutting his losses on current players and committing the resources to buy new players - to rebuild correctly. The fact that they're talking about giving Eric Dier a new deal says it all.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Who's taking over? Surely they can't be mad enough to hire Mason

ti vu

We threw away a 2 goal lead to this lot. Absolutely shocking.
Not really that bad. They still had some fight in them back then. They even recovered from 0-3 at Anfield to equalized to 3-3. A brainfart from Moura gave Liverpool the narrow escape. We could have done better, but not that shocking at all when they turned up in that second half with their best form.

They're just downbeat now since they would likely end up in ELC place even if they try the hardest. Between ELC and no European football, I would choose the latter.

RVN1991

Good appointment for them. No idea why they've gone the Mourinho/Conte road when they're way better off looking for a progressive manager who can somewhat replicate what Pochettino did for them once upon a time.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Could end the season 9th and losing Kane.
They have to somehow rebuild around pigeon-man. They need a GK, a LB, a CB (apparently on their way to waste money on Lenglet in a permanent deal) a CM and a scoring attacker to make up the loss of Kane's goals. That's a lot of work and a lot of money !
Good luck to the poor guy that gets the job :wenger:

JuriM

Could end the season 9th and losing Kane.
They have to somehow rebuild around pigeon-man. They need a GK, a LB, a CB (apparently on their way to waste money on Lenglet in a permanent deal) a CM and a scoring attacker to make up the loss of Kane's goals. That's a lot of work and a lot of money !
Good luck to the poor guy that gets the job :wenger:
Any clue what's their academy looking like - any chance someone coming up from that who could do a job in Premier League already?

Our Estonian defender Maksim Paškotsi is one who I expect to get a chance, but I don't know anyone else.

Cloud7

Ronaldo was part of our shirt promotion campaign the year he was sold to be fair, I'm sure there's plenty of other examples.
While I agree being on the shirt campaigns never really means anything, Ronaldo's exit was technically an unexpected one :lol: