Favourable contract situations this summer

Skills

Snitch
Rather than getting set on a player, and having our arseholes torn apart with fees again - what are some players that we should be looking at because we've got some leverage. So a year or 2 left on their deals this summer.

David Raya seems to be the obvious one - year left, as know we might need a keeper.

-Supreme-

James Maddison and Harry Kane both have a year left on their contracts.

Yes we all know Levy isn’t going to let any PL sides have him easily but for the first time he isn’t in the strongest of position to negotiate.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Yes we all know Levy isn’t going to let any PL sides have him easily but for the first time he isn’t in the strongest of position to negotiate.
I think if Spurs get top 4 they will sign Maddison and extend Kane's contract but if not then I could see Kane coming here if a reasonable fee could be negotiated, say £50-60m. I'd rather have Osimhen but with FFP Kane feels more likely and I think he'd still be a good signing.

Skills

Snitch
I think if Spurs get top 4 they will sign Maddison and extend Kane's contract but if not then I could see Kane coming here if a reasonable fee could be negotiated, say £50-60m. I'd rather have Osimhen but with FFP Kane feels more likely and I think he'd still be a good signing.
An offshore account in Qatar that pays Kane to run down his contract would be sweet too, if Spurs don't play ball.

TwoSheds

An offshore account in Qatar that pays Kane to run down his contract would be sweet too, if Spurs don't play ball.
No I'm good with that shit thanks. If we're not playing at least on the edge of fair then what's the point in sporting competition?

daba

Assume fair release clauses count?

Kim Min Jae at Napoli’s release clause is reportedly only €50m if we are able to move Maguire or Lindelof on. Napoli are trying to tie him down to an extension with a larger release clause, but if wants to play at the highest level (ie. Prem or Madrid/Barca/Bayern) or he has any common sense, he should know how difficult Napoli will make it for him to leave so this summer might be his best shot.

Another is Dybala is reportedly available for £11m this summer. If we don’t think Amad is ready and needs another season on loan in the Prem then at that price he could be an alright squad option who can fill in on the left, in the 10 position, or as a F9.

UpWithRivers

Leao has one year left and should be easy enough to get out of AC Milan. Depends if we think Rashford can become a striker.
Rice has 1 year left as well. I dont believe West Ham can get the 100 mill plus they keep banging on about. With 1 year left I'm thinking 80.

Maybe end up with below for 160 ish

-------------Rashford-----------
Leao-------Bruno---------Antony
--------Rice-------Casemiro

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
For goalkeeping, David Raya.

For our defence, Kim Min Jae and NDicka are good shouts.

For midfield and the forward positions I'm really not sure - I think we will need to spend considerably to get good quality in these two positions.

massi83

Leao has one year left and should be easy enough to get out of AC Milan. Depends if we think Rashford can become a striker.
Rice has 1 year left as well. I dont believe West Ham can get the 100 mill plus they keep banging on about. With 1 year left I'm thinking 80.

Maybe end up with below for 160 ish

-------------Rashford-----------
Leao-------Bruno---------Antony
--------Rice-------Casemiro
As good as Leao is at his best, he is rather lazy, moody and selfish when things don't go his way.

NoPace

A semi-intriguing one is Elmas from Napoli, who has 2 years left and plays wide there most of the time I've seen him but seems likely to become a CM as he's not an explosive player out wide but is a really strong pass and move footballer who should probably play in a deeper role, though they can probably just keep him and hint that he'll replace Zielinski in 2-3 years if he's patient and keeps improving.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
For goalkeeping, David Raya.

For our defence, Kim Min Jae and NDicka are good shouts.

For midfield and the forward positions I'm really not sure - I think we will need to spend considerably to get good quality in these two positions.
DeJong if Barca get rightly relegated like Juventus did

Devil81

I'd love to be the club that takes a punt on James Maddison, there is bags of potential in him.

daba

I'd love to be the club that takes a punt on James Maddison, there is bags of potential in him.
Maddison is quality, he’s really give Bruno a tough time holding onto his spot in the team. In the first half against us recently he was the best player on the pitch.

Would much rather we go for him over Mount, even if it cost likely an extra £20m. (Eg. 40m for Mount vs 60m for Maddison)

Cloud7

Maddison is quality, he’s really give Bruno a tough time holding onto his spot in the team. In the first half against us recently he was the best player on the pitch.

Would much rather we go for him over Mount, even if it cost likely an extra £20m. (Eg. 40m for Mount vs 60m for Maddison)
I would rather we do pretty much anything that is humanly possible over going for Mount

Skills

Snitch
I like Maddison but once again we're then forcing ourselves into playing a number 10. We need to get away from that ASAP

daba

Seen Okafor from Salzburg linked with a few clubs this week, including Arsenal. Looks like a well-rounded forward who can play anywhere across the front line.

Contract expiring next summer so available for £20-25m.

Could be a good solution to replace Martial and Greenwood’s places in the squad.

TwoSheds

Not sure he'd make sense for us unless perhaps we were thinking of playing Bruno deeper instead of Eriksen? Newcastle and Spurs should be all over it though.

Springfield WildCats

Enzo Le fee has one year on his current deal left, watched him against psg last night, would love him at United, ability to turn and jinx past a few players and play a through ball to rashford would light old Trafford up

NoPace

Not sure he'd make sense for us unless perhaps we were thinking of playing Bruno deeper instead of Eriksen? Newcastle and Spurs should be all over it though.
The only issue with that is that Ten Hag could be playing Eriksen as a 10 and Bruno as an 8 right now if he wanted, it's the role Eriksen plays for Denmark and when he was doing well at Inter.

But Eriksen has played in a fairly advanced LCM type role, so I guess this is conceivable:

Eriksen(Maddison)--------Bruno(Maddison)
------------------Casemiro(DM)-------------------------

and then maybe Fred sticks around as the 6th guy? I'm pretty high on Maddison. The fit isn't ideal at all, but his usage of the ball has really improved, and if a fullback is in midfield next to Casemiro anyways like Malacia has been doing (or Stones at City obviously, then it makes more sense) to have 2 number 10s in front of them.

Bwuk

Maddison would be a very good signing depending on fee.

theballisround

Please god no Maddison. We don't need another British overrated player and Leicester would want 50-60 mil.

Jam

Don’t see sense in Maddison.

Good player but not good enough for where we aspire to be. And at the same time we have Bruno; so why spend £40-50m on a squad player?

He’d be an excellent player to have as a squad player no doubt but we need to focus funds on improving the first XI first and foremost.

Let this one go.

SirScholes

Don’t see sense in Maddison.

Good player but not good enough for where we aspire to be. And at the same time we have Bruno; so why spend £40-50m on a squad player?

He’d be an excellent player to have as a squad player no doubt but we need to focus funds on improving the first XI first and foremost.

Let this one go.
Would he not fill in or take over Eriksen ?

SirScholes

Hopefully not Bruno
Bruno playing deeper costs us quite a bit when he loses possession deep in our half
No surprise he’s looking class again with Casemiro back

Jam

Would he not fill in or take over Eriksen ?
I haven’t watched much Leicester this year but has Maddison ever played deeper in a 6 like role? I’ve always seen him as a 10.

Mwooyo

Enzo Le fee has one year on his current deal left, watched him against psg last night, would love him at United, ability to turn and jinx past a few players and play a through ball to rashford would light old Trafford up
I really think this is the one player we should be all over. He is exactly what we need, a de jong clone looking for a step up. Has all the skills we need plus he is surprisingly good defensively, we should be pushing to agree a deal for him even before the window opens. I think, in an alternate universe, we sign him and someone like allan varela for a combined 40m and we fix our midfield for the next 10 years.

Abraxas

I like Maddison, I think he's a terrific player. So much quality.

But...I don't really see how he improves our first XI and I don't think we should be frittering away funds this summer. I don't think we have the funds to be saying "he improves our squad." It should be on players very likely to come in and make a huge difference.

Does he really compete with Bruno...no, probably not likely.

Can he play deep in midfield? No real evidence of it. Eriksen actually played deep for Brentford so there was something to go off.

Could he play off the right or left? Yes, definitely, but we have Amad coming back.

croadyman

I really think this is the one player we should be all over. He is exactly what we need, a de jong clone looking for a step up. Has all the skills we need plus he is surprisingly good defensively, we should be pushing to agree a deal for him even before the window opens. I think, in an alternate universe, we sign him and someone like allan varela for a combined 40m and we fix our midfield for the next 10 years.
Yeah his name hasn't even been tentatively linked

croadyman

But...I don't really see how he improves our first XI and I don't think we should be frittering away funds this summer. I don't think we have the funds to be saying "he improves our squad." It should be on players very likely to come in and make a huge difference.

Can he play deep in midfield? No real evidence of it. Eriksen actually played deep for Brentford so there was something to go off.

Could he play off the right or left? Yes, definitely, but we have Amad coming back.
Yeah there is something about Maddison in Utd shirt that really appeals,however like many have said I don't see where fits in to this team

UpWithRivers

He would play RW. Amads not ready. Antony is not ready. Sancho is not ready. He will also get games at LW. Garnacho is not ready. He will also play back up to Bruno. Seems like an ideal player that can fill multiple gaps. Not saying all those younger players wont get games but they need to be treated as young players. That means they should not be pressured to be first choice in a team hoping to push for the title. Its too much to ask. They should get games here and there or come off the bench for 30 mins. See how Foden is treated.

Last edited:

Mwooyo

He would play RW. Amads not ready. Antony is not ready. Sancho is not ready. He will also get games at LW. Garnacho is not ready. He will also play back up to Bruno. Seems like an ideal player that can fill multiple gaps. Not saying all those younger players wont get games but they need to be treated as young players. That means they should not be pressured to be first choice in a team hoping to push for the title. Its too much to ask. They should get games here and there or come off the bench for 30 mins. See how Foden is treated.
All of these players are ready. In a summer where funds are going to be tight, we somehow want manutd to spend money on a player like Maddison who isn't really needed, ditch our young players for this new player who isn't needed, and furthermore, shoe horn this new player in a position he rarely plays in. This sounds like mata and Woodward all over again. We should avoid Maddison at all costs and I cant wait for him to go to some other team. He is a good player but not what we need

justsomebloke

Kane would be a perfect fit I think. Maddison is an intriguing prospect, although a non-obvious fit. I suppose he'd make most sense on the right, as a different sort of option than Antony (and of course as a backup for Bruno, on the few occasions he won't play). He'd be a nice complement to our extremely direct left-siders (Rashford and Garnacho). Won't leave much room for Sancho and Amad though.