Other Favourite Comedians

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I saw Sebastian Maniscalco this summer. Superb stuff. I see he's just announced a new tour
Love him. Glad to see he's doing a new tour. I've been rewatching his old stuff way too much.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I'm guessing no-one here is a fan of Michael McIntyre? :lol:

Richard Pryor.
Sebastian Maniscalco.
Bill Burr.
George Carlin.

Old Ma Crow

Billy Connolly
Omid Djalili - was so funny live
Sascha Baron Cohen
Ricky Gervais
Jack Dee
Mike Myers

Old Ma Crow

There was an old sketch, think it was live at the Apollo or summat where he did this turkish dancing routine ... feck me, I was crying and almost unable to breathe. He was dead funny.
Yeah that’s the act I saw, just hilarious. There’s some clips of him doing that act in NYC, which was much better received that I expected.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Recently saw David Cross live. Second time seeing him. Don't need to see him again though. I started getting bored before the end

Jev

Those Acaster specials are excellent. He's up there with Stewart Lee for me.
If you bought CLHM99 on Vimeo, there’s a bonus show made out of outtakes which includes a decent segment about our Treble (he’s a United fan apparently and The Treble was one of the reasons 1999 was his best year).

LARulz

Kevin Bridges
Still sticking with this but I saw Trevor Noah live recently and thought he was great

It wasn't just that he is generally a good story teller but it's more that he can change his material so quickly

I went to his Friday London show and he did a whole bit about Germany when he was there recently as part of the tour. Apparently on Thursday he did no Germany stuff but France jokes instead

That also makes you wonder what he did in the places before - so whilst he has comedy pillars of his stand up, he creates new stories and jokes depending on where he's just been and adds them in. I think it's impressive thing to be able to do and shows be is naturally funny, compared to most comedians who just have a script and say it well

Jev

Bumping the thread as I’ve just recently watched James Acaster’s Repertoire and Cold Lasagna Hate Myself 1999, which are both comedy masterpieces. He is thus added to my list of favourites, which also includes:
  • Names
  • Names
  • More names that didn’t include Flight of the Conchords
Oh, and Flight of the Conchords, of course! Their London reunion show for HBO a couple of years ago was such a joy.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
It's hard to pin down a favorite, there are hundreds of truly great comedians out there, some current and some not

Ahmer Baig

"Man City what does it feel like to be a sold out"

Last edited: