Favourite Goals Against Chelsea

Charlie Foley

To get us all in a good mood for our match this weekend; what are your favourite United goals against Chelsea?

I originally planned a 'favourite United goals at the Bridge' but that meant I couldn't include my actual favourites (the first being what got me looking on YouTube)

Forlan in 2003 (sadly the best quality I could find)

Park in 2011

One actually at the Bridge, Hernandez in 2012 mostly for comedy value, also I watched this match in a pub in Paris with a bunch of Mexicans and a Dutch Communist, everyone but the Communist went nuts when this went it :lol: Again shite quality but hey:

el3mel

Hernandez goal in first 45 seconds is worth a shot as well.

Edit : Also Ronaldo goal in CL final of course. :drool:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Hernandez goal in that title decider, Rooney goal in the CL the same season, Ronaldo header in a Moscow.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Favourite Man Utd goal (apologies in advance for the music):

Favourite Chelsea goal:

Memorable (had a Chelsea supporting friend obsessed with fake shots on FIFA at the time :lol:):

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
Good gracious, that Hernandez goal he scored against us in the first minute is probably the most grief stricken I’ve felt after conceiting against United. More so than even the one where Rooney scored the only goal of the game in that CL first leg. I just remember how intense the buildup to the match was and how it was basically viewed as the title decider and to have Hernandez score so early was absolutely deflating. It’s easy for me to say in hindsight, but it really felt like the game was lost the moment we conceited, like there was no way were going to win that game at Old Trafford, which if is funny because if I remember correctly United were ahead of us on points at the time, so the onus on us to win the game was greater.

Come to think of it United really got the better of us that season. Ji Sung Park scoring a minute or two after Drogba scored that goal in the CL second leg was also a heartbreaker. Although we were incredibly poor that season despite finishing 2nd behind you guys that season. That Chelsea team was on its last legs and needed replacing. Malouda especially stole a living from us that season smh.

Reactions: Penna

MataFanatic

Diego Forlan scoring the winner at home against Chelsea. Won 2-1. Pivotal moment in the title race - think the match was in January 2003. Keane won the ball in the ball out wide, passed to Seba Veron who whipped in beautiful cross to Diego who scored last minute. Magic!

Charlie Foley

Good gracious, that Hernandez goal he scored against us in the first minute is probably the most grief stricken I’ve felt after conceiting against United. More so than even the one where Rooney scored the only goal of the game in that CL first leg. I just remember how intense the buildup to the match was and how it was basically viewed as the title decider and to have Hernandez score so early was absolutely deflating. It’s easy for me to say in hindsight, but it really felt like the game was lost the moment we conceited, like there was no way were going to win that game at Old Trafford, which if is funny because if I remember correctly United were ahead of us on points at the time, so the onus on us to win the game was greater.

Come to think of it United really got the better of us that season. Ji Sung Park scoring a minute or two after Drogba scored that goal in the CL second leg was also a heartbreaker. Although we were incredibly poor that season despite finishing 2nd behind you guys that season. That Chelsea team was on its last legs and needed replacing. Malouda especially stole a living from us that season smh.
Weren't Chelsea fifth at one point that Spring? I remember you had started the season brilliantly before losing to City, then went on another run until November or so, where you couldn't stop losing. It looked like United Arsenal until they finished fourth :lol:

I remember going into that CL game though being really nervous. Your form had picked up by then but I thought we were excellent that night.

Bole Top

Fletcher's header when we ended their uneaten run :drool:
Hargreaves, Anderson and Carrick's penalties :drool:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

This was decent. Dab and all. Lingard's capable of cracking finishes, when he wants to.

Then we pissed it up the wall in stoppage time. Who was it dropped a bollock and didn't track back? Was it Memphis, or Schneiderlin? I'm certain it was one of the two. feck both of them anyway.

el3mel

This was decent. Dab and all. Lingard's capable of cracking finishes, when he wants to.

Then we pissed it up the wall in stoppage time. Who was it dropped a bollock and didn't track back? Was it Memphis, or Schneiderlin? I'm certain it was one of the two. feck both of them anyway.
As I remember, I faulted CBJ for their goal, if he had left it David would have probably saved it himself.

Robertd0803

For away goals Hernandez offside by about 12 miles winner at the Bridge in 2012/2013. He was even standing in the goal at one point :lol::lol: Still justify it considering some of the shit decisions and luck we had at Stamford Bridge over the years. (2009/2010 in particular can go screw itself).

Cant narrow down the home goals but Hernandez after 20 seconds and Parks straight after Drogbas in the CL stand out.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
This whole game was great, right after Rafa rant, Liverpool losing points. Also, Fletcher - Giggs in the middle bossing it.

Marketh

Beckham’s winner in the 95/96 cup semi at Villa Park. Lovely assist by Craig Burley

Charlie Foley

Diego Forlan scoring the winner at home against Chelsea. Won 2-1. Pivotal moment in the title race - think the match was in January 2003. Keane won the ball in the ball out wide, passed to Seba Veron who whipped in beautiful cross to Diego who scored last minute. Magic!
Put it in the OP! I loved Diego, shame it didn't work here.