Federico Valverde/real madrid player

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
How Madrid get such kind of player and we scout players like Fred.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Amazing player but nothing grinds my gears more than the term 'Rolls Royce of a Footballer'. Don't ask me why

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
They got him from the same club we got Pellistri, both hardly having a season under their belt.

Madrid didn't immediately ship him out to some shit club to bulk up or warm the bench.

They first gave him a full season in Spain with their B team. Once fully acclimatised they loaned him out to Deportivo for a single relegation-battling season. Then they brough him into the first team and started easing him in, aged 20.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Every time I watch this guy, I get so jealous that he doesn't play for us. What a player

RaulitoElCrack

One of my favourite players. Guy literally plays 3 positions in every game. Like playing with 12 men.

Grande

They got him from the same club we got Pellistri, both hardly having a season under their belt.

Madrid didn't immediately ship him out to some shit club to bulk up or warm the bench.

They first gave him a full season in Spain with their B team. Once fully acclimatised they loaned him out to Deportivo for a single relegation-battling season. Then they brough him into the first team and started easing him in, aged 20.
The B teamt in Segunda or Tercera option is obviously much better than the U21 league in England when it comes to this purpose. I have no idea how many RM prospects mever amount to anything, I only hear about gems like Ødegaard and Borja Mayoral, and even their likes seldom end up at RM in the end. They do seem to get some effective loans going at times though.

What is harder to influence, are the raw material of personality and dedication. United’s three hugest talents the last decades, two have been more relevant to the court systems and the third is a world champion who happened to have a Useless To Man United Personality Disorder. If all three had gone the way of Messi-Xavi-Iniesta, we might be CL contenders now.

How does Pellistri seem as a talent compared to Valverde to you? Is it a fair comparison?

Valencia Shin Crosses

Because for all the gripes about them being big money players, they have always been willing to snap up top young talents from smaller clubs. Often times it's not even some magical find, they just go after many of the top rated youngsters in the world and are willing to pay a premium for them. We could do the same thing, but fans here seem conditioned to think players "aren't ready to take that next step" and then we watch the go to Dortmund and become 80m players that every club is then after.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Top 3 midfielder in the world right now, according to Kroos.
Not sure he meant midfielder. Not sure it matters. Top 3 player in the world and that's that

antohan

How does Pellistri seem as a talent compared to Valverde to you? Is it a fair comparison?
Any Peñarol fan would rank Pellistri as one of the top 5 talents to emerge at the club in the last decade, the other four would likely be Valverde, Agustín Alvarez Martinez (Sassuolo), Facu Torres (Orlando City) and Diego Rossi (Fenerbahce). Attacking players mostly, those are the prospects that usually excite most.

Funny thing is nobody would have listed Darwin Nuñez there, which goes to show how randomly things pan out over time.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Any Peñarol fan would rank Pellistri as one of the top 5 talents to emerge at the club in the last decade, the other four would likely be Valverde, Agustín Alvarez Martinez (Sassuolo), Facu Torres (Orlando City) and Diego Rossi (Fenerbahce). Attacking players mostly, those are the prospects that usually excite most.

Funny thing is nobody would have listed Darwin Nuñez there, which goes to show how randomly things pan out over time.
To be fair at this rate nobody will remember him as a talent.

antohan

To be fair at this rate nobody will remember him as a talent.
I'm not saying anyone did. People are just utterly confused. People who used to watch him and follow the EPL know he is still a donkey (a very large donkey, we all know he always had that going for him). People who didn't/don't keep expecting him to turn up for the NT as some sort of Cavani reincarnation.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I've not seen much of the lad but just looking at YouTube comps 1 of the first things that popped in my head is this lad could play a De Bruyne type role, seemed to be a powerful runner with no shortage of skill and a very decent shot on him, didn't look to have any real weaknesses.

Am I way out thinking that?

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I've not seen much of the lad but just looking at YouTube comps 1 of the first things that popped in my head is this last could play a De Bruyne type role, seemed to be a powerful runner with no shortage of skill and a very decent shot on him, didn't look to have any real weaknesses.

Yes. Think more of a more powerful Kante with more goals

GlasgowCeltic

I've not seen much of the lad but just looking at YouTube comps 1 of the first things that popped in my head is this lad could play a De Bruyne type role, seemed to be a powerful runner with no shortage of skill and a very decent shot on him, didn't look to have any real weaknesses.

more Gerrard than KDB

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Do get players to become that good at the that young age they need to get a chance, last one we gave one was Greenwood and he was on a good path but this thing he is involved in will probably ruin his carrier.

But, we bought Amad for like 25-30m and have not given him a chance, we bought Pellistri and he has played what? 0min for the first team? Garnacho was so hyped last season that he even got a chance for Argentinas first team and he has played 20min or something this season. I like ETH but he doesn't seem to feel the that he can afford to give young players a chance in any game, like the last game in EL, we had like 40 shots on goal, it should have been 6/7/8-0 after 65min and we should have given players like McNeill, Pellistri, Garnacho, Iqbal and Mainoo a chance. All of them can be important players for us and if we give them enough chances to prove them self maybe we can save a lot of money not spending money on new players every summer when we have some huge talents in the club.

Hannibal, Amad, Laird are on loan but are also players that needs to be given a chance.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He seems to be much better technically on the ball than Kante, is he not?
Yeah he is. He's like a more attackingly proficient version of Kante. This season he's adding goals now too. Right now he's playing like a monstrous combination of Kante and Gerrard

criticalanalysis

What is harder to influence, are the raw material of personality and dedication. United’s three hugest talents the last decades, two have been more relevant to the court systems and the third is a world champion who happened to have a Useless To Man United Personality Disorder.
:lol:...:(

You can only laugh. It's too painful. I just think of it as 'karma' for all the dominance under Fergie.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Shot and powerful runs are nice to see in Youtube compilations but I really like when he decides to slow down the tempo. It's like, he reads the game very well but it's not so easy to appreciate it in the videos because those normally remark his dynamism instead.

Also, I think he played differently in early games for Uruguay from what I remember. I recall seeing more of his long range passing in those. Now he is more of an attacking midfielder for his NT.

It's scary when you analyze him to see how complete he is.

I was watching this video of a Barca fan analyzing his game vs Barcelona and he played even better than I thought.

Last edited:

Grande

:lol:...:(

You can only laugh. It's too painful. I just think of it as 'karma' for all the dominance under Fergie.
Yea, no wonder those who follow youth football semi-closely become either Depressive or Delusional.

As a consolation, very few clubs aiming for the top, help produce first team starters for top teams more regularily than Man Utd either.

criticalanalysis

Yea, no wonder those who follow youth football semi-closely become either Depressive or Delusional.

As a consolation, very few clubs aiming for the top, help produce first team starters for top teams more regularily than Man Utd either.
Youth and Passion FC is something we can all cling onto :cool:

Korwas

Another beautiful goal tonight. Ancelotti has been great for the Real Madrid young players.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Probably got the hardest shot in football right now. Rashford gets some venom on his but Valverde’s stay hit