Fellaini to join Besiktas in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oyibo

Good Luck to him, he proved some sort of worth to us this season, and at the end of last.

However I wouldn't blame him for not forgiving us for the sarcastic cheers the crowd gave him one time he scored. Can someone remind me of the game ?

That's was as classless as city....

Drawfull

He epitomised everything wrong in the aftermath of Fergie's retirement, but he's been a good servant for us.

His character to come through the abuse towards him from match-going fans was admirable.

If it's true he's moving on a free, that would be a shame, but I guess he's got to do what he feels is right for his career. It's a bit weird that he was so lauded by Jose, if not indispensable, that we didn't find a middle ground with regards to his contract demands and what we were willing to pay.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He’s made himself useful at times but he’s almost the anti-talisman for our post Fergie blues.

Hopefully we can replace him with a top class talent who can play a brand closer to what we expect from this club.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Would like to get an official confirmation first, but good news for the club.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Any reliable report on this?
Good luck to him. Good for us as and we can now go in market for better midfielders. None of us are fond of this 'plan B - hoof it to Fellaini.' My only gripe is that he will be leaving for free and he will be injured till late March so we will be letting a player go on free who will have contributed very little in the season. Ah, well... Always appreciated when he tried to give his all in most of the matches but he isn't good enough if we are to set and achieve higher targets than what we are achieving currently.

el3mel

Source ?

He barely played this season and has become too much injury prone. He can leave if he wants.

MacabbiUnited

Supports
Maccabi Tel Aviv - Israel
He's giving up playong on one of the biggest and most ambitious clubs in the world to play for Besiktas? Don't tell he's doing it for his career, they just offered him more money.

If thats the reason he leaves, than goodbye I don't want him here anyway. Would rather have players that are honored by our shirt. He showed passion a few times so I'm really surprised about that, especially wuth Jose loving him so much.

Irrational.

To this day I felt we bought him purely to stop him having those beastly games against us. We could never handle him when we played against Everton. Shame he couldn't come anywhere near those performances for us.

Sad he's leaving but hopefully this means we will identify a (better) target to get the best out of our midfield.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Good fecking riddance. With Carrick retiring as well a proper midfield overhaul is well overdue. We can't neglect it anymore.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is the source the Sun, who base their report on other reports?

stu_1992

"Fellaini will you feck off to Besiktas?"

"Yes, I will feck off to Bestikas"

*terrible dance music*

I actually wouldn't mind if he stayed, he certainly has his uses when fit.

kr0nix

We'll still end up lumping the ball forward when we get desperate, just have no players who it benefits instead of one.
Not if we do a straight swap with Besiktas for Alvaro Negredo.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
As long as we upgrade then good news, dont pull a Chelsea and get someone who's worse i.e. Bakayoko or Drinkwater

POF

He's giving up playong on one of the biggest and most ambitious clubs in the world to play for Besiktas? Don't tell he's doing it for his career, they just offered him more money.

If thats the reason he leaves, than goodbye I don't want him here anyway. Would rather have players that are honored by our shirt. He showed passion a few times so I'm really surprised about that, especially wuth Jose loving him so much.
I'm sure Guilleme is readying his article as we speak "Jose or Money".

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
If the story is true (I'm doubtful, I've not seen anything concrete myself) it seems weird to think we are losing Fellaini for nothing, and it is seemingly against the managers will. Are Besiktas likely to be offering more money than we are, or just better/longer terms?

I didn't like him one bit in that first season, but he won me over under Van Gaal and Mourinho. Both managers got a lot out of him and he had spells where he was among our better players.

I don't really care about fees, but if we had sold him in the summer just gone, we probably could have got a good £15m or £20m for him with the market as wild as it is.

lewwoo

Great news. Nothing against the lad and thank you for your service but this forces Jose to purchase a couple new options in central midfield. I suspect he would of been content just buying the one to replace Carrick otherwise and keep Fellaini as an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.