Fergie Furious

$ukhjit

Just saw his rant on MUTV. Slated Rooney and Ronaldo and disrespected Sunderland saying they were already down. England expect Rooney to win the World Cup, he couldn't believe that. Hopes his friend Big Sam will do him a big favour tommorow! Seemed pissed off to me, who wouldn't!

Ixion

Ronaldo I can understand, but Rooney? I thought he ran his socks off and was our only real threat. I'm surprised he even gave an interview.

Justin

Ixion said:
Ronaldo I can understand, but Rooney? I thought he ran his socks off and was our only real threat. I'm surprised he even gave an interview.
Rooney had made some bad decisions and poor efforts on goal.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I don't think what he said about rooney was that bad. He made a point about the dicks in the media putting all the pressure on the lad and basically said to the media stop smoking dope cause real life isn't as 'poetic' as you twats make it sound and he had a point. Rooney will have better games and ronaldo showed he still has alot of maturing to do.

Whiteside

he looked pissed of with the pair of them. If he was pissed off with ronny he should have substituted him. Rooney was still one of our best players and deserves better than to be named publicly.

Red Haze

How is it that even when Rooney has an average game, he isn't slated, but when Ronaldo does, everyone calls for his head?

That said, poor team performance, and don't really blame Fergie for sounding pissed off. I mean, the last thing he expected was dropping points against Sunderland.

heffa

Big cow?
Rooney shouldn't have been slated remember what form he has been on for the last month winning player of the month and he was an absolute standout in the Arsenal game. Every player plays a bad game so i'm surprised Rooney was slated.

Red Haze

Fair enough

Ronaldo's also had a good second half to the season (and considering his personal problems during the first half of the season, I think he can be forgiven for being poor), and there are still people saying we should consider selling him. I just wonder about them.

heffa

Big cow?
They can suggest that we sell him but in this case i am glad it is the coaches decision not the fans. He is a good player and he will show everyone that he can take Manchester United into the next decade with Wayne Rooney.

The Hairdryer

Exactly, it says a lot when we relying on two 20 year olds to carry us through.

giggsyflying

Football is not life. It is more than life.
agree that they look tired
not physically, just mentally for trying too hard
rooney is hardworking but make some wrong decisions
but we must give credits to the keeper

one more thing, can anyone stop ronnie taking freekicks again
no one can score goals like this
we are not playing superbowl!

bangortom

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4911302.stm

Ferguson criticises Rooney hype

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says the pressure being piled on Wayne Rooney ahead of this summer's World Cup is beginning to tell.

Sunderland dealt United's title hopes a blow on Friday, with Rooney putting in a poor display in a goalless draw.

Ferguson said: "All the responsibility being placed on Wayne winning the World Cup for England has born fruit.

"He is still a kid. It's the biggest load of nonsense I've ever heard. He still has a lot to learn."

The 20-year-old Rooney has scored 14 Premiership goals this season and will be integral to England's plans in Germany.

However, Ferguson said Rooney and his United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo, 21, are far from finished articles.

"Wayne and Cristiano will be great players, I would stake my life on it," said Ferguson.

"They have potential and we will wait two or three years for them to fulfil it. But people should remember they are only young.

"You have to expect inconsistency and (against Sunderland) they produced probably their worst performances of the season."

heffa

Big cow?
Yes i slightly agree with what SAF is saying that they are not finished articles but the fans have a right to be proud of our two best young talents and it is obvious that when they are finished articles they will be world class players. Rooney off the pitch is definatly showing signs of all the hype and pressure taking a toll on him, however on the pitch it is not showing as significant signs.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
FFS - both Ronaldo and Rooney have been great this season. None of the team performed particularly well. I thought Ronaldo's biggest problem was being a bit selfish at times, but sometimes what he tried comes off. I thought both worked quite hard last night, and even if they were the worst on the field give them a break.....Jesus, the minute someone has a bad game people forget all the good ones. We're not talking about players who are consistently rubbish here.

Number7

Ret's Slave
bangortom said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4911302.stm

Ferguson criticises Rooney hype

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says the pressure being piled on Wayne Rooney ahead of this summer's World Cup is beginning to tell.

Sunderland dealt United's title hopes a blow on Friday, with Rooney putting in a poor display in a goalless draw.

Ferguson said: "All the responsibility being placed on Wayne winning the World Cup for England has born fruit.

"He is still a kid. It's the biggest load of nonsense I've ever heard. He still has a lot to learn."

The 20-year-old Rooney has scored 14 Premiership goals this season and will be integral to England's plans in Germany.

However, Ferguson said Rooney and his United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo, 21, are far from finished articles.

"Wayne and Cristiano will be great players, I would stake my life on it," said Ferguson.

"They have potential and we will wait two or three years for them to fulfil it. But people should remember they are only young.

"You have to expect inconsistency and (against Sunderland) they produced probably their worst performances of the season."

That's all well and good but even our players are hyping up Rooney to the press:

Rio: I'm Right Behind Roo
Rio Ferdinand last night hailed Manchester United team-mate Wayne Rooney as the player who can inspire England to World Cup glory this summer. Ferdinand claimed that Rooney will thrive on being the man on whom England are pinning their hopes of success in Germany. He said: "People are putting a lot of pressure on him, but if anyone can shoulder that responsibility it's Wayne."
David McDonnell, Daily Mirror

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
joe soap said:
ban this cnut please
For having an opinion?

People might not share yours. They might have a ridiculous opinion. But you think they should be treated the same way as those who literally break Caf rules? :rolleyes:

Real Red

Ixion said:
Fergie's a jock, and as such he's likely to have this inbuilt hatred of England and a pre-programmed willingness for them to fail at international level. Perhaps that is the real issue? :lol:

Small Paul

The Legendary Pool perve
Livvie said:
For having an opinion?

People might not share yours. They might have a ridiculous opinion. But you think they should be treated the same way as those who literally break Caf rules? :rolleyes:
my apologies livvie,it was a bit rash by me. it wasnt just that post that annoyed me though, there have been a few since lasntnite in various threads.

i think i should stay away from this part of the forum for about a week after each bad performance, i get too worked up at the moaners! :keano:

midwestred

too many cute movements in the first half
needless giving of the ball away

united thought they could dance around
because sunderland is going down

unbelievable start to easter weekend
unbelievable hole to dig out of for the title

the lads, all of them, picked the wrong game to all
collectively stink