Fergie Time at Fulham | The View from Denmark: Hojlund, Eriksen, FC Copenhagen - United Hour Podcast

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I was joined by @Lyng for his podcast debut to give a Danish perspective on Hojlund, Eriksen and preview this week's vital Champions League game vs FC Copenhagen.

We try not to get too excited about yet another unconvincing win vs Fulham and discuss what needs to change to improve our fortunes.

Also chat on the latest with the ownership situation and the future of Erik Ten Hag.

Check out our Linktree for other listening links, social media, Patreon, podcast history etc https://linktr.ee/unitedhour

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Thanks for having me :) was a lot of fun.
Always good to have some new perspectives on the show.
I think you are the first from Denmark, not sure how many countries we have ticked off so far for United fans - definitely more than 10.

If anyone else is interested then drop us a message

Back To Madeira

Congratulations @Lyng on your podcast debut! Interesting to hear your insight on Hojlund, perhaps we can smuggle his brothers back from Copenhagen to lay on some chances for him?

It's frustrating to think how his season might be going now if that goal against Brighton wasn't ruled out. I felt the same way after the Galatasary game. If we win that then the night is all about him, his breakout match. Instead we concede twice and both his excellent goals were forgotten about.

There is a lot of expectation and pressure on Hojlund. Our overall bad performances have increased that as fans look to him to solve our lack of goals. But let's hope this week could help kickstart his season. A winner against Copenhagen along with a bagful against Luton please! :devil:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Not sure what you mean by 'context' but it's certainly crappy news that Martinez and Casemiro won't be available anytime soon and could even be longer than Xmas of course

Apparently Shaw is due back this month

Defensively these were undoubtedly our 3 most important players last season so it's no wonder that we have been leaking goals

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Aren't you always emphasizing how you feel the significance of our injuries is not given it's proper due?
Oh yes definitely - it's neverending, at least we have a couple of fullbacks available again

Note these comments from Sabitzer about the players most important to our structure - none are available at the moment

Lyng

Congratulations @Lyng on your podcast debut! Interesting to hear your insight on Hojlund, perhaps we can smuggle his brothers back from Copenhagen to lay on some chances for him?

It's frustrating to think how his season might be going now if that goal against Brighton wasn't ruled out. I felt the same way after the Galatasary game. If we win that then the night is all about him, his breakout match. Instead we concede twice and both his excellent goals were forgotten about.

There is a lot of expectation and pressure on Hojlund. Our overall bad performances have increased that as fans look to him to solve our lack of goals. But let's hope this week could help kickstart his season. A winner against Copenhagen along with a bagful against Luton please! :devil:
Cheers mate.
Yeah he has been quite unlucky like that, but I hope he breaks the spell tonight. Would be lovely if we gave FCK a proper spanking.

mark_a

I couldn't disagree more with the assessment that Ten hag might have needed to go!! What? We’d never have had SAF with that thinking. With our injury crisis? Sack the manager? Really???

Aren't they also harking back to 62/63 season too for poor starts? In which case we'd never had had the best of Busby either.

I know the rest of the (ABU) media blows everything out of proportion and would love us to be in managerless chaos again, but let's not take our cues from them!

I know it can be painful to watch, I go to the games, but its obvious where our issues are! And that's feeding our back luck! Nevermind XG vs Fulham, we netted a goal that should have stood! And the ref was poor vs Newcastle as well, not that it would have helped much!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I couldn't disagree more with the assessment that Ten hag might have needed to go!! What? We’d never have had SAF with that thinking. With our injury crisis? Sack the manager? Really???

Aren't they also harking back to 62/63 season too for poor starts? In which case we'd never had had the best of Busby either.

I know the rest of the (ABU) media blows everything out of proportion and would love us to be in managerless chaos again, but let's not take our cues from them!

I know it can be painful to watch, I go to the games, but its obvious where our issues are! And that's feeding our back luck! Nevermind XG vs Fulham, we netted a goal that should have stood! And the ref was poor vs Newcastle as well, not that it would have helped much!
Well neither of us on this episode wanted the manager gone, I haven't changed my mind after last night and I assume @Lyng has not either

We actually played well for the most part, including some of the best football we have managed all season so it's especially frustrating to come home with nothing

The refereeing was pathetic yet again

Inevitably every loss will lead to more questions though and there is only so many a manager can survive

Lyng

Well neither of us on this episode wanted the manager gone, I haven't changed my mind after last night and I assume @Lyng has not either

We actually played well for the most part, including some of the best football we have managed all season so it's especially frustrating to come home with nothing

The refereeing was pathetic yet again

Inevitably every loss will lead to more questions though and there is only so many a manager can survive
Yeah agree completely. Dont see any reason to sack him at the moment.

204Red

Oh yay... yet another "well we played like shite, with no clue and another lackluster effort and barely beat a team we should easily beat... but 3 points! One day we'll be a proper football team again"

satish_united

It's clear that this is a team which significantly lacks confidence. In form Rushford would have scored and same with garnancho.

Considering all the injuries, form and negative mood the performance was not too bad.

A period of calm where we keep getting results is very much needed for our team to find some sort of rhythm.