Fernando Torres Documentary

Blood Mage

He was the best striker in the world for one season, but other than that he had an unremarkable club career and wasn't a big contributor to Spain's international cup success. Why is every footballer and club under the sun getting a documentary made about them now?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He was the best striker in the world for one season, but other than that he had an unremarkable club career and wasn't a big contributor to Spain's international cup success. Why is every footballer and club under the sun getting a documentary made about them now?
I don't agree, he was a level behind Eto'o and Villa even then.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm in if the devote 5 minutes to that miss against us.

One of the more memorable moments I've had at OT

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Eh ? He scored in both euro finals and was top scorer in one iirc

Blood Mage

My mistake, he did have a great game in the Euro 2008 final and won the golden boot at the 2012 Euros. But Xavi, Iniesta and Villa were more influential for Spain during that period.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
My mistake, he did have a great game in the Euro 2008 final and won the golden boot at the 2012 Euros. But Xavi, Iniesta and Villa were more influential for Spain during that period.
The whole team was stacked. His only poor tournament was the wc where he clearly wasnt fully fit

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Hard to remember a better debut season for a striker in the Premier League. He wasn’t the same in his final year/18 months at Anfield and although he started doing better after the awful start at Chelsea was still a flop really.

FujiVice

I would love to have the uneventful career of Fernando Torres.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
“Top scorer” with 3 goals, the same tally as 6 players in that tournament and 2 of his goals were against the most pathetic Ireland team imaginable. Still to say he didn’t contribute is obvious shit but the top scorer tag is a little stupid if not officially incorrect. Euro 2008 was his tournament he was unreal.

0le

United players get stick for creating brands and social media presence, yet clubs and now players have documentaries about them whilst they are still playing and get no stick from the media whatsoever.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
United players get stick for creating brands and social media presence, yet clubs and now players have documentaries about them whilst they are still playing and get no stick from the media whatsoever.
The vast majority of that "stick" comes from Man United fans.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
On why he left Liverpool.

On his struggles/high points at Chelsea.

Jibbs

Him and Xabi Alonso are two Liverpool players I can never hate.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The interesting bit there is the lack of a scouse accent in that footage of fans burning his jersey.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
David Villa was better for me but for a couple of seasons he was the 2nd best striker in the world. Up until his last year in Liverpool. People rewrite history and say he went to shit at Chelsea but it was most definitely his final months at pool. He stunk up the place.

Teja

Torres was a bit whiny though .. I remember his constant moaning to the ref when he played against Rio.

Still. Not the worst thing in the world and generally a pretty likable character along with being a fantastic striker.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
David Villa was better for me but for a couple of seasons he was the 2nd best striker in the world. Up until his last year in Liverpool. People rewrite history and say he went to shit at Chelsea but it was most definitely his final months at pool. He stunk up the place.
There was quite a bit of coverage about it (how bad he was under Roy) at the time but it was universally assumed he was sulking because he wanted out.

SoCross

I recall watching his debut against Chelsea and wished Fergie had got him instead.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
There was quite a bit of coverage about it (how bad he was under Roy) at the time but it was universally assumed he was sulking because he wanted out.
I think his only great game in that half of a season came against Chelsea (2 goals, I believe?) which even further supported the sulking theory at the time. But this was incredibly reminiscent of Sanchez before his transfer to us.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I think his only great game in that half of a season came against Chelsea (2 goals, I believe?) which even further supported the sulking theory at the time. But this was incredibly reminiscent of Sanchez before his transfer to us.
I was thinking that aswell. It's also why I would be wary of going for Kane.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I recall watching his debut against Chelsea and wished Fergie had got him instead.
Tbf as good as that goal was it was Ben Haim he did that too.

He wouldn't have even tried that on Carvalho.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That was my memory of it too. The consensus was that he was unhappy at Liverpool and he just wanted to get out of there. Carragher has said on multiple occasions that he knew Torres was finished and there was an element of surprise at Liverpool that Chelsea offered that big of a fee. Heavy of dose of hindsight probably but his final great season was 2009/2010. Poor at the 2010 World Cup and it was just downhil from there.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Torres was a bit whiny though .. I remember his constant moaning to the ref when he played against Rio.

Still. Not the worst thing in the world and generally a pretty likable character along with being a fantastic striker.
He was more than a bit whiny, he was a complete fanny.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
"His armband said he was a red, hurrah, hurrah!"

I'm watching it just for the song! :D And for Vidic, I cannot lie. :angel:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Torres at Liverpool.
Henry at Arsenal.
Pogba at United.

I have at least one player at rival each rival club that I really, really like and wished I'd see at Chelsea at least once. The fact that we signed Torres for a record fee in his prime, I have never been more excited and hyped for a new signing before and since.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
That was my memory of it too. The consensus was that he was unhappy at Liverpool and he just wanted to get out of there. Carragher has said on multiple occasions that he knew Torres was finished and there was an element of surprise at Liverpool that Chelsea offered that big of a fee. Heavy of dose of hindsight probably but his final great season was 2009/2010. Poor at the 2010 World Cup and it was just downhil from there.
Hindsight on my part aswell but we really should have done our due diligence and saw that coming.

What made him so great at Liverpool was his underrated power and freak burst of acceleration from a standing start, he didn't have the technical and tactical level of a Eto'o/Villa/Drogs to keep him competing once those attributes went.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He was more than a bit whiny, he was a complete fanny.
He was a tough nut though. I recall a game against Reading where they kicked lumps out of him and he still bagged a hat trick.

siw2007

Terrified of playing against him back in the day, absolutely terrific striker between 2008-2010. His career did take a plummet at the start of the 2010-2011 season, I put it down to Liverpool rushing him back from injury too quickly on several occasions. He paid the price by losing his electrifying pace which was his main weapon and his confidence followed soon after. Selling him for £50m at the time was pretty smart business for Pool.