Festive Fixture Failures | Welcome Sir Jim! - United Hour Podcast

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Imran @Annihilate Now! and I are here for a long overdue pod!
We've got a ton of games to cover (Liverpool, West Ham, Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest) as well the big ownership news with Sir Jim Ratcliffe finally taking charge of footballing affairs at Old Trafford.
Also some transfer talk and a look ahead to January's schedule.

Check out our Linktree for other listening links, podcast history etc https://linktr.ee/unitedhour

Last edited:

Yorke to Cole

Imran @Annihilate Now! and I are here for a long overdue pod!
We've got a ton of games to cover (Liverpool, West Ham, Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest) as well the big ownership news with Sir Jim Ratcliffe finally taking charge of footballing affairs at Old Trafford.
Also some transfer talk and a look ahead to January's schedule.

Check out our Linktree for other listening links, podcast history etc https://linktr.ee/unitedhour
I will look forward to listening to this mate!

One small request. Please do not ask Jamie (don't get me wrong I like him) to do any transfer predictions because his recommendations have not been great of late. Sancho being the best example.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I will look forward to listening to this mate!

One small request. Please do not ask Jamie (don't get me wrong I like him) to do any transfer predictions because his recommendations have not been great of late. Sancho being the best example.
@Vault Dweller :D

Although Jamie is Chief Transfer Muppet of the Podcast, I think we were all pretty excited about Sancho's arrival - now just praying we can get him out !

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
@Vault Dweller :D

Although Jamie is Chief Transfer Muppet of the Podcast, I think we were all pretty excited about Sancho's arrival - now just praying we can get him out !
I think I'm on record as saying I wasn't!

But then I was excited about Amrabat so you know... Swings and roundabouts

WPMUFC

The embedded Megaphone version seems to be having some issues, i'm just getting a spinning wheel on the play button, but the Spotify version via linktree is working.

Not sure if only happening on my end but FYI.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
The embedded Megaphone version seems to be having some issues, i'm just getting a spinning wheel on the play button, but the Spotify version via linktree is working.

Not sure if only happening on my end but FYI.
Cheers for the heads up, seems to be working for me but have embedded the Spotify too

WPMUFC

Cheers for the heads up, seems to be working for me but have embedded the Spotify too
yeah it's a weird one. The embedded spotify is working but still getting the spinning wheel on Megaphone. Maybe one of my firefox addons. Great pod btw

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
I think a radical solution is in order. Loan him out to another English club (that Amad cameo has me thinking.) He has three seasons left on his contract after this one. He's young enough to salvage. Let him go learn English football away from the spotlight.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I think a radical solution is in order. Loan him out to another English club (that Amad cameo has me thinking.) He has three seasons left on his contract after this one. He's young enough to salvage. Let him go learn English football away from the spotlight.
Im assuming this is related to Imran's Antony rant ?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Yes. I copied and pasted the comment I had made in Antony's performance thread after the Forest game.

Edit: I can see the slight confusion the lack of context made.
I doubt there is much point in a loan, cut our losses and sell

Antony was actually ok last season so it's not really about adjusting to English football, not worth his huge fee but at least got 12 G&A and did a decent defensive shift.

We hoped he'd push on from there but he's gone backwards (so have several others TBF) and ZERO goal contributions is beyond pathetic at this point.

I'd have liked to see Pellistri get a run in the team but Ten Hag doesn't seem to rate him, preferring to play Garnacho/Rashford out of position and even Amad got a cameo ahead of him Vs Forest

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
I doubt there is much point in a loan, cut our losses and sell

Antony was actually ok last season so it's not really about adjusting to English football, not worth his huge fee but at least got 12 G&A and did a decent defensive shift.

We hoped he'd push on from there but he's gone backwards (so have several others TBF) and ZERO goal contributions is beyond pathetic at this point.

I'd have liked to see Pellistri get a run in the team but Ten Hag doesn't seem to rate him, preferring to play Garnacho/Rashford out of position and even Amad got a cameo ahead of him Vs Forest
I doubt he's going anywhere unless we supplement his wage packet, he is not giving up that contract and nobody will match it. He's young enough though, I can see an upturn in form and he'll be a salvage job like Maguire.

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-united-fc/antony-dos-santo-79942/

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I doubt he's going anywhere unless we supplement his wage packet, he is not giving up that contract and nobody will match it. He's young enough though, I can see an upturn in form and he'll be a salvage job like Maguire.

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester-united-fc/antony-dos-santo-79942/
Yes it's true that the big wages always hamper us in getting rid of players (see Sancho), although I doubt he's on as much as £200k but who knows

Antony is surely a better player than he's showing at the moment, you don't get picked for Brazil unless you have something

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Oh yeah, I nearly forgot. @Annihilate Now! fancies Simeone. I think he's an underdog manager, we suck but we'll probably never be underdogs. His mentality just doesn't fit for me. I like Tuchel (volatile though I've been told) but I'd take Allegri. Italy has provided more EPL winning managers than any other country. Allegri's football ain't the sexiest but I'd back him to adapt.

Last edited:

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Oh yeah, I nearly forgot. @Annihilate Now! fancies Simeone. I think he's an underdog manager, we suck but we'll probably never be underdogs. His mentality just doesn't fit for me. I like Tuchel (volatile though I've been told) but I'd take Allegri. Italy has provided more EPL winning managers than any other country. Allegri's football ain't the sexiest but I'd back him to adapt.
That's a good stat!

Feels like Simeone will never leave Athletico anyway - apparently he's the best paid manager in the world too.

I'm not quite ready to be thinking about other managers yet - as I said on the pod, baring relégation form, ETH gets until end of the season to sort out the mess for me.

Last edited:

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
That's a good stat!

Feels like Simeone will never leave Athletico anyway - apparently he's the best paid manager in the world too.

I'm not quite ready to be thinking about other managers yet - as I said on the pod, baring relégation form, ETH gets until end of the season to sort out the mess for me.
Wow! Simeone being this highly paid is news to me.

https://www.football-espana.net/202...etico-madrid-and-remain-until-end-of-contract

I'm not itching for ten Hag to get sacked. My list came up when we were having one of our intermittent terrible patches.