FIFA announces foreign players playing in Ukraine and Russia will be allowed to join a new club for free until April 7th

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Haven't these poor people suffered enough?

beingshe7don

Khvicha Kvaratskhelia is the guy we should be after. He's a proper LW and we can go back to playing Sancho on the right. Khvicha is only 21 years of age and his ball control and dribbling at speed would do us a world of good. I hope the scouts can take notice.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
We need Spain to invade Portugal next Summer. We would still spend all Summer failing to sign Rice.

davidmichael

Malcolm, Tete, Dodo and Antonio would all be decent squad additions til the end of the season and all in positions we have problems in.

davidmichael

Don’t think they could be registered this season
I thought it was from early April til end of June ? In which case they can be registered as it’s effectively a 3 month loan and brand new system in place on a temporary measure.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
Any experts on good value in those markets? There are usually some good players here and there in those leagues.

Also really good move from FIFA.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeah true, my mistake. I rather meant if there are some good players under the radar that might turn out to be decent signings for us.
Well there’s a couple, how much impact they might make in a 2 month loan is debatable
I wonder would Malcolm be useful for the RW, allowing Sancho always LW

davidmichael

Well there’s a couple, how much impact they might make in a 2 month loan is debatable
I wonder would Malcolm be useful for the RW, allowing Sancho always LW
Malcolm or/and Tete could be useful on the right especially with Greenwood out for the foreseeable if not for good, both our left footers that like to cut in but can go on the outside still.

Malcolm was great in France and Barca paid a lot for him but he was never going to dislodge Messi so it didn’t work out for him, still a very good player and as shown with Coutinho at Villa the last few years at Barca doesn’t show a players actual ability as they’ve been in disarray.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Little Exclusive: Samba Diallo is done. He arrives until the end of the season and unless the situation changes he will sign a contract until 2026 with us this summer. Big coup. Followed by Barça, Dortmund, Man City etc...

Another one leaves Ukraine, supposedly for good by the Saint-etienne "ITK". Meant to be pretty good.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Any reason why none of the usual big clubs are utilising this?
Real did get a full back on loan with an option to buy, but it is odd. It's almost like you get a trial of whatever talent that's in Ukraine or Russia right now.

UTD_Since_1978

I'm no expert on Eastern European football but I can't believe there isn't at least one or two players in this scheme that would come here & improve our squad but we seem uninterested whilst our current crop put in yet another dismal performance.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'm no expert on Eastern European football but I can't believe there isn't at least one or two players in this scheme that would come here & improve our squad but we seem uninterested whilst our current crop put in yet another dismal performance.
We're in talks with Andriy Shevchenko to replace Cavani

Impulse

The Premier League blocked Burnley from signing Victor Moses from Russia so I imagine this isn't an option for PL clubs.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
This reminds me, did we ever follow up our interest in Pinyaev?

I remember him coming for trials quite a few years in a row.
If you can believe it, he's not 18 yet! I fully expect us to when he's 18 though.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That's crazy, feels like he's been spoken about for years on here now.
Yeah, think he had his first trial at 14. He's developing well. Playing first team football regularly - issue will be his best position is probably LW!

Lee565

The Premier League blocked Burnley from signing Victor Moses from Russia so I imagine this isn't an option for PL clubs.
Supposedly the reason was because they wanted to uphold the sporting integrity of the league, this is the same greedy lot that welcome blood and laundered Russian money into the league which has seen Newcastle benefit from escaping a relegation battle.