Fifa Club World Cup 2021

el3mel

Searched the forum but found no thread about the tournament. No one planning to watch it this year?

Tigers and Ulsan are now playing and Tigers winning 2-1.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Entertaining first half. I thought Tigres started slowly but clearly looking the better side now.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
This is live on BBC Iplayer for anybody in the UK looking to watch. 2nf half about to get under way

el3mel

Can't seem to find a good picture for the draw but this should be enough

Palmeiras is South America's champion, as the draw was done before they won.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
If I was the Tigres manager I'd be bringing that idiot sub back off and transfer listing him immediately

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Ulsan unlucky the tournament got moved, their two best players left, have nothing going forward without Negrao .

Duhail game should be a better watch than this. They can't defend but are good going forward. Ahly pretty negative but North African teams always are, they might play more attacking giving how Duhail will play.

el3mel

Ulsan unlucky the tournament got moved, their two best players left, have nothing going forward without Negrao .

Duhail game should be a better watch than this. They can't defend but are good going forward. Ahly pretty negative but North African teams always are, they might play more attacking giving how Duhail will play.
I'm Ahly supporter. :D :nervous:

Idxomer

Al Ahly will lose, this is the worst team they've taken to the tournament.

el3mel

Al Ahly will lose, this is the worst team they've taken to the tournament.
The 2013 one was far worse. This one was Aboutreika literally carrying it on his shoulder, otherwise, had a terrible manager and crap lineup. The current team at least has better options.

I'm just afraid Duhail might end up wanting it more than us and putting 200% of their efforts while our players think it's in the bag.

Idxomer

The 2013 one was far worse. This one was Aboutreika literally carrying it on his shoulder, otherwise, had a terrible manager and crap lineup. The current team at least has better options.

I'm just afraid Duhail might end up wanting it more than us and putting 200% of their efforts while our players think it's in the bag.
You're right, I didn't watch this one tbh.

NYAS

Al-Duhail deserve to lose for not starting AlMoez

NYAS

This is pathetic, if Al-Sadd was here instead it would have been miles more competitive.

el3mel

Great half. Started slow but pretty much dominated it. Shame about the second offside goal.

Hopefully we keep it up for second half. Need a second to prevent any nasty upset.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Great half. Started slow but pretty much dominated it. Shame about the second offside goal.

Hopefully we keep it up for second half. Need a second to prevent any nasty upset.
Controlling the game.

Just need to keep the concentration levels up in the second half

el3mel

Controlling the game.

Just need to keep the concentration levels up in the second half
Yeah. Duhail's only attacking play has been trying to hoof it into the box for the header. Need to keep focusing and score a second to prevent them scoring against the play. Hopefully a similarly good second half!

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Al-Duhail have been terrible. Al-Ahly have bettered them in almost every way. They look so comfortable in possession and out of it. That Al-Duhail midfield, in particular, has not plugged the gaps at all, and Al-Ahly are able to build up with relative ease.

As I say that, Al-Duhail have a very small period of pressure before losing the ball (again).

el3mel

We have lost our composure. Losing the ball really cheaply now.

Gasolin

Tigres, the Mexican club where Gignac plays? Wow, this is a surprise. Well, I'm disappointed Ulsan lost. Korean football has a long way to go...

el3mel

Get in !! Phew this was so worrying.

Target accomplished. Play a match for history against Bayern and try not to lose big.

It pains me though, how Pitso is so damn negative when it matters the most. Duhail were there for the taking but we decided to invite pressure the entire half and let them worry us. His subs aren't helping, they're awful.

Is there any South African poster here ? Why is he like that ?

Last edited:

el3mel

Probably the only time we have ever faced Bayern was in this friendly in 2012. :D

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth

Target accomplished. Play a match for history against Bayern and try not to lose big.

It pains me though, how Pitso is do damn negative when it matters the most. Duhail were there for the taking but we decided to invite pressure the entire half and let them worry us. His subs aren't helping, they're awful.

Based on that second half I fear for you on Monday. Great achievement though. Congrats.

el3mel

Based on that second half I fear for you on Monday. Great achievement though. Congrats.
Thanks a lot mate !

Well, there shouldn't be much pressure on players considering Bayern are always going to go through bar a miracle so there shouldn't be as much tension as the second half, well I hope. As long as it doesn't exceed 3-0 it'll be fine. :lol:

Bennz McCarthey17

Supports
Africa

It pains me though, how Pitso is do damn negative when it matters the most. Duhail were there for the taking but we decided to invite pressure the entire half and let them worry us. His subs aren't helping, they're awful.

Unfortunately he's always been like that, especially in high pressure games. Even when he coached our national team he was always the same. The man dubbed himself the special one after Mourinho, so you already know who he models his coaching after.

Atleast you guys won, on to face Bayern now.

el3mel

Unfortunately he's always been like that, especially in high pressure games. Even when he coached our national team he was always the same. The man dubbed himself the special one after Mourinho, so you already know who he models his coaching after.

Atleast you guys won, on to face Bayern now.
Thanks for the info. Well, that's shame. I like him as a person and he looks like a pretty nice guy but I hope he would change his methods as it goes on as it doesn't suit us.

el3mel

What do you think of Pitso so far and what changes has he made to your club?
Decent overall. Great results but as I said above, very negative in big matches unfortunately which I don't think will suit us long term to be honest, needs to play more to our strengths, but can't complain about results. As for changes, nothing groundbreaking I would say. This is about his 4th month here or so, too early for this.

RooneyLegend

Decent overall. Great results but as I said above, very negative in big matches unfortunately which I don't think will suit us long term to be honest, needs to play more to our strengths, but can't complain about results. As for changes, nothing groundbreaking I would say. This is about his 4th month here or so, too early for this.
Heard through the grapevine that you guys were more of a possession side since he took over.