FIFA drafting a rule to limit agent commission

Apparently FIFA are drafting a rule to limit the commission that agents can collect on players to 6%. Sounds good on paper, but in reality agents will simply find a way to increase the transfer the fee so example Halaand £150m might end up being £200m. I know clubs decide what they accept, but we all know agents heavily influence who their players join.

But one huge positive might see big moves this winter window and as soon as the summer window opens.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I like it but this opens the door to more corruption and back door payements. They’ll find a way.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Don't know how this would be enforced.

They can easily just start 'charging' the players a fee for transfers which the players will bill to the clubs as a sign on bonus.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
6% still way too much :lol: :lol:
Not sure about that. 100m transfer 6% would be 6m fee.
If you think about what lawyers earn or agents earn as commission in other industries, I think its quite ok.

Saying that I expect agents to find some way around this

RoyH1

Might as well call it the "Raiola Rule"

He'll find a way to work around it. Nothing a few offshore bank accounts cannot solve

Not sure about that. 100m transfer 6% would be 6m fee.
If you think about what lawyers earn or agents earn as commission in other industries, I think its quite ok.
Yeah i agree. People get stuck on £10m, but if it’s £10m for a £100m transfer that’s industry standard.

For me the problem is when they start disrupting players and club, or when they get £10m for a £50m transfer. Even that is 20% which isn’t unheard of amongst the best agents in other industries.