FIFA Women Player of the Year.

Lord SInister

where grasses are green and girls are pretty
I don't follow women football at all, so I don't know jackshit about it, but I was just browsing through youtube comments, and saw everyone saying that Arsenal Dutch striker Vivianne Miedema was robbed for two years in running.
At first I was like, meh Arsenal fans will cry anyways. But than I just looked around for stats(yes I have too much time in hand), and my words, this girl is lady Haaland:lol: , monstrous goal scoring records and also has great assist records. And than I searched for the stats of winners of 2019 and 2020. 2019 winner, won because of world cup basically, some American footballer called Megan Rapinoe, who in 2019 asides from having a good world cup barely did anything. 2020 winner though, Lucy Bronze had a good year winning the UCL.
But surprisingly, Miedema wasn't in top three in either years. Although she scored a goal per match a year.
Some were arguing that ladies with more insta followers get votes.

So is there anyone who follows female football give insight. Is this dutch lady really deserving of top 3 at least, or she is just a flat track bully.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I don't follow women football at all, so I don't know jackshit about it, but I was just browsing through youtube comments, and saw everyone saying that Arsenal Dutch striker Vivianne Miedema was robbed for two years in running.
At first I was like, meh Arsenal fans will cry anyways. But than I just looked around for stats(yes I have too much time in hand), and my words, this girl is lady Haaland:lol: , monstrous goal scoring records and also has great assist records. And than I searched for the stats of winners of 2019 and 2020. 2019 winner, won because of world cup basically, some American footballer called Megan Rapinoe, who in 2019 asides from having a good world cup barely did anything. 2020 winner though, Lucy Bronze had a good year winning the UCL.
But surprisingly, Miedema wasn't in top three in either years. Although she scored a goal per match a year.

So is there anyone who follows female football give insight. Is this dutch lady really deserving of top 3 at least, or she is just a flat track bully.
There is a huge gulf between US womens football and the rest of the world and a huge gulf between Lyon and the rest of Europe. Put it in perspective, the US are the Brazil 1970 of womens football (different style of course) and Lyon are the Pep's Barca of European football only more dominant (7 wins and 2 runners up since 2010).. While the english league has made great strides the better teams like City and Chelsea have struggled to lay a glove on Lyon.

Andy_Cole

Hate Megan Rapinoe and her female rights. She’s the feminist Nigel Farage.

Lord SInister

Hate Megan Rapinoe and her female rights. She’s the feminist Nigel Farage.
why would you hate someone's rights?
anyways I am not asking about their personalities, was just interested to know how can a player who scored a goal per game for two years running didn't got even in top three, while this Megan lady with 6 six goals in a year(all in world cup) won. While other girl who won this year Lucy Bronze is a right back. But as padri has explained to me that level of play in leagues is miles apart. Hence these Lyons and US football teams hogs the limelight.

Andy_Cole

why would you hate someone's rights?
anyways I am not asking about their personalities, was just interested to know how can a player who scored a goal per game for two years running didn't got even in top three, while this Megan lady with 6 six goals in a year(all in world cup) won. While other girl who won this year Lucy Bronze is a right back. But as padri has explained to me that level of play in leagues is miles apart. Hence these Lyons and US football teams hogs the limelight.
Her rights are fine. The way she goes about it is obnoxious.

Lord SInister

oh just looked at her wiki description, got your point, so she is one of those equal pay activists. I think if these guys went for better pay, would be better for the cause than equal pay. I mean, sorry but asking for equal pay as men in football is equivalent to Irish League league players asking for equal wages as their English Premier League counter parts.
You should be getting as much as you bring. If ladies are underpaid compared to what they bring, fair play, pay them more. But asking for same amount as guys, is just derailing the real issue, which is underpayment. Unless guys don't bring money at all, and are being paid more than ladies, just because they have penis.

padr81

Supports
Man City
She's a horrible person alright but leaving aside that as women's footballers go, shes a very good one. That said I thought Alex Morgan should have got player of the world cup. Most of Rapinoes goal were peno's even if they were decisive in the knockouts.

decorativeed

oh just looked at her wiki description, got your point, so she is one of those equal pay activists. I think if these guys went for better pay, would be better for the cause than equal pay. I mean, sorry but asking for equal pay as men in football is equivalent to Irish League league players asking for equal wages as their English Premier League counter parts.
You should be getting as much as you bring. If ladies are underpaid compared to what they bring, fair play, pay them more. But asking for same amount as guys, is just derailing the real issue, which is underpayment. Unless guys don't bring money at all, and are being paid more than ladies, just because they have penis.
Their argument - which I agree with completely - is that the US women's team is far more successful plays more games and is more popular than the US men's team, but somehow they get paid less. How that's not gender discrimination, I don't know. It seems that there are too many people around who will hate someone just for standing up for themselves and speaking out about obvious injustice.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Their argument - which I agree with completely - is that the US women's team is far more successful plays more games and is and popular than the US men's team, but somehow they get paid less. How that's not gender discrimination, I don't know. It seems that there are too many people around who will hate someone just for standing up for themselves and speaking out about obvious injustice.
The counter argument is the mens team earns the national federation a lot more money but thats a discussion for a different day. Rapinoe's wants are fine, her methods and the way she speaks on them is quite horrible and comes across like a bully. This is actually a great article and non-biased on the income of the US soccer teams https://www.tampabay.com/nation-wor...enue-but-get-paid-less-than-the-men-20190712/

decorativeed

The counter argument is the mens team earns the national federation a lot more money but thats a discussion for a different day. Rapinoe's wants are fine, her methods and the way she speaks on them is quite horrible and comes across like a bully. This is actually a great article and non-biased on the income of the US soccer teams https://www.tampabay.com/nation-wor...enue-but-get-paid-less-than-the-men-20190712/
I disagree that she sounds horrible or acts like a bully. Sadly, people don't get meaningful change by being nice.

The article you posted is really good, but I can't see anything in it that suggests the men's team earns the federation more money.

Lord SInister

Their argument - which I agree with completely - is that the US women's team is far more successful plays more games and is more popular than the US men's team, but somehow they get paid less. How that's not gender discrimination, I don't know. It seems that there are too many people around who will hate someone just for standing up for themselves and speaking out about obvious injustice.
if US women team bring more money than men's, and still are paid less, than yes it is a unfair on ladies.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Lucy Bronze is a really good player. Probably England’s best player.

Classical Mechanic

I guess Lucy Bronze is the best in her position in the world and just came off 3 CL titles in a row with Lyon. Aren't Arsenal a fair bit behind in women's football now?

Chipper

Adulterer.
I guess Lucy Bronze is the best in her position in the world and just came off 3 CL titles in a row with Lyon. Aren't Arsenal a fair bit behind in women's football now?
This post is based off 5 minutes research, I don't really watch women's football so take with a pinch of salt:

Arsenal won the English title in 18/19 but they're not as dominant as they were, they used to win multiple trophies every year. City and Chelsea have mostly overtaken.

I don't know that the English clubs have ever been that strong which would hinder anyone trying to win an award like this. The only CL finalist was Arsenal in 2007 and they won it. Plenty of semi final appearances other than that for English clubs but I think getting to the final would help, or playing for Lyon as others have said.

United currently being top of the league having not existed until recently could indicate a bit of lack of strength too. Well it sort of does to me. I'd be inclined to think that it would be difficult to break through like that if the league was really strong.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Miedema never looks that special to me(I just watch the international games sparringly to be fair) she is sort clinical, but shite at eberything else. A poor man's Huntelaar.

And what others said about US women's football is true. Whole different league, which is logical since 'Muricans reckon football is for girls and small children.

Halftrack

this girl is lady Haaland:lol:
Actually, the female Haaland is another Norwegian: Ada Hegerberg.

Though it should really be the other way around, as she's been banging them in for 6 years now. So Haaland is actually the male Ada Hegerberg.