First United goal you saw live

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
24.10.1984 1984/85 UC 1/16 Final PSV Eindhoven - Manchester United 0:0 (0:0)

Yawn.
I read game not goal in the title!

First goal was Gordon Strachan in the game at Aston Villa on 14th December 1985.

Can't remember it at all, but I kinda remember Clayton Blackmore's free kick that went in.

My clearest memory is of Alan Brazil warming up on the touchline in front of us.

Jules_T

Ashley Grimes vs Derby September 1979.
The only goal of the game.

Sent us top of the league. That didn't last long though.

He's here he's there he's every fecking where,
Ashley Grimes, Ashley Grimes!

Scarecrow

Having a week off
RvP first minute tap-in against Villa in the 2013 title-winning game. The second was much more impressive though:

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Some unknown scorer in a United vs City reserve game in 1964. All I remember is that it was cold, I couldn't see over the fence and I wanted to go home. As far as the first goal I actually remember being at the game, it was John Connelly vs Everton in 1966.

Larseno

Hehe, dont know if it counts:p Actually I missed the first goal. My first goal was suppose to be Wes Brown against Liverpool in 2008. But since I didnt pay attention my first goal was Ronaldo on a corner from Nani in the same match.

Gwhizz

My first live game was in 1998 against Liverpool at OT.Denis Irwin slotted a penalty home before Scholes found the top corner with a belter- fond memories

berbasloth4

mark hughes vs chelsea 92/93 was only 3/4 fell asleep missed clarke og then cantona scored after half time

IronTulip

30 October 1993 versus QPR. Trying to get tickets from a tout, eventually got 1 and heard a big roar from inside. Rushed inside and found out QPR had scored :(

Thankfully missed that! Cantona scored the leveler, great goal too. If I remember correctly, we broke quick, Cantona received the ball on the half way, past one defender, ran to outside the box and hit one past the keeper right into the bottom corner.

Didn't have to wait long to see my 2nd goal. Hughes with what turned out to be the winner from a corner.

Crowd was really buzzing that day, atmosphere was amazing.

davidmichael

Bryan Robson in the 1990 F.A Cup final, I remember hating Ian Wright and him making me cry after he scored in extra time too

Unitedsince92

Supports
Vancouver Whitecaps
Morgan Schneiderlin against Club America in Seattle. Best $150 spent ever.

Nicklas

For me it was 2008, the 50 year anniversary, when we were playing in the retro shirts.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It was at Chelsea in either the 68/69 or 69/70 season. We lost either 3-2 (after being three down if my memory serves me right) and the scorer was the wonderful Denis Law - who instantly became my favourite United player; and I still rate him above Best and Charlton!

thoward

It's not a lisp!
Andy Cole in a 4-2 win against Wimbledon at Selhurst Park in February 1996, Cantona scored twice in the second half, on his first return to the ground since the kung fu kick the previous season.

First at Old Trafford was Michael Clegg scoring in a 1-1 draw with Inter Milan in a friendly in July 1997.

Edgio

This was the first goal I ever saw us score live too! Mark Robins 2nd goal I remember clear as anything.
I was hooked straight away.
Yeah, Robins got the other two goals. My parents took me for my 10th birthday. I'd been the year before (for my birthday again) but we got smashed 0-2 by Norwich. Bloody Robert Fleck, I hated that guy!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
For me it was that improvisational Tevez back heel goal against Wigan away, the apex of the whole 'Fergie, sign him up' hysteria. I had been to a United game earlier at Old Trafford but it was that fateful game against Portsmouth in the FA cup so I didn't get to cheer at anything that day.

there's something you don't see every day... a Michael Carrick goal!

BigTimeCharlie

Peter Schmeichel scoring against Rapid Voltograd/ Roto Volgograd (sp)

Was about 6 or 7 at the time and went with my Dad and Brother. The north stand was being built as well at the time, the days when there was a superstore and a megastore.

Alanxyz

A towering header from Lou Macari, who was surprisingly effective in the air given his diminutive stature, in a 1-1 draw against Bristol City at Ashton Gate back in 1979.

spwd

Can't remember much about it or who scored first as I was only 8 but this was my first match.

Can't find much information about it unfortunately, anyone who can point me in the right direction please do.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
First game I went to was in 2008 against Celtic. Berbatov scored twice (both from offside positions) and Rooney scored one.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Dong Fangzhou vs Kaizer Chiefs during a pre season tour here to SA I think mid to late 2000's iirc. 2006 I think.

Then my trip to the UK we lost to Sunderland 1-0 at OT (Giggs was in charge). No goals :(

Runner

Not the flashiest player but it was a superb goal as Everton were playing to frustrate us. Goals later from Carrick and Valencia.

Ivor Ballokov

The first game I went to was NYD 1997 and we drew 0-0 with Villa, my lasting memory of it is that it snowed.

The first goal I saw was an OG by Gary Breen, the second an own goal by Eoin Jess a minute later, Poborsky then made it 3 so he gets the credit for the first United player I saw score.

Unlikely lad

Mine was a Gibson belter vs Spurs in the league cup quarter final(?). Second was... Another Gibson goal in the same game :lol:

My last was Rio's in Fergie's last home game :( haven't renewed my ST since then...

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I took a couple of Liverpool fans to two games in 1992.
Tuesday was City v Arsenal and the place was dead apart from when the goals went in.
The next night was crazy and non-stop cheering. Then this happened.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Some unknown scorer in a United vs City reserve game in 1964. All I remember is that it was cold, I couldn't see over the fence and I wanted to go home. As far as the first goal I actually remember being at the game, it was John Connelly vs Everton in 1966.
Was starting to feel very old till I saw this! Bobby Charlton , United V Benfica, European Champions Cup Final 1968 for me.

JmRssll555

A late Solskjaer equaliser to make it 1-1, against Leeds at Old Trafford in 2001, when Leeds were a good side. I was there as a gift for my 8th birthday.

Acquire Me

OGS on a penalty vs Vålerenga in 2002 was my first goal live. We won the game 2-1. Keane got the second one.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
The first of Ruud's hat-trick against Fulham in 2003.

I can barely remember it because of how good his second was.

Roger

26th October 1968 George Best v QPR at Loftus road.
I was there with with my Dad and his brothers. All QPR fans. I tracked down an original programme from the game a fews years ago as well. Best scored 2 & Dennis Law got the other. We won 3-2.

Tiber

My first ever trip to OT was United 6-1 Arsenal.

Yorke got the first

Not an awful first game...