Film Flash Gordon

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not a good idea imo. It was such a surreal film at the time that any attempts to recapture the magic would probably disappoint.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
It could work as it's own thing, and Vaughn having a hand in it makes a certain amount of sense. But 80s Flash is lightning in a bottle; a weird brew of pulpy Americana, violently mixed with the Euro-trash sensibilities of Dino De Laurentiis.

I can't imagine today's studios having the imagination or daring to let a bunch of talented craftsmen run amok with their money in the same way. As a result today's Action cinema is now almost exclusively focus-group tested, over produced, middling mush. To them the creative spark is now a fire hazard.

This was a fairly interesting reunion documentary I saw recently https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/life_after_flash

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

I want a shot for shot re-make with better special effects. Same script, same tone, same soundtrack.

Chris Pine as Flash,
Patrick Stewart as Ming.
Nick Offerman as Brian Blessed.

I don't any any "re-imagined, serious take" bullshit.

lsd

The Oracle
I was never a queen fan but their Song for Flash was just so perfect and fitted the tone of the film completely .

It's also why any remake could never be as good . They will probably have an updated version by Ed Sheeran and Stormzy