Fletcher on MNF

AkaAkuma

Gives a fascinating insight into the United mentality and comes across as a great inspirational guy. When we talk about McTominay as the next Fletch, I think it's important to really appreciate just how much of a competitor and professional he was.

The rebuild of the club is about getting these types of personalities into the club, team players, people who only care about the teams success.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Gives a fascinating insight into the United mentality and comes across as a great inspirational guy. When we talk about McTominay as the next Fletch, I think it's important to really appreciate just how much of a competitor and professional he was.

The rebuild of the club is about getting these types of personalities into the club, team players, people who only care about the teams success.
Thanks for this.

Fletch was an inspriational player for us for a two year period. From late in 2008/09 all the way through 2009/10, Fletch was incredible. So sad what happened with his health. I remember that year after Ronaldo left it was Fletch, Evra, Valencia and Rooney that kept us competitive. Everyone else, even Carrick, Scholes, Rio, Vida and Nani (who started kicking on in the latter part of 2009/10) had spells of good, sometimes very good form. However, it was Fletch, Evra, Valencia and Rooney who were consistently at 7 out of 10 or above. Vital to making sure we didn't crumble in the post Ronaldo age.