Football agents compensation

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There really is no need for agents like Raiola in football. There are ton of other agents that don't run their mouth against the club their clients are playing at and still get what their clients want done. Mendes' client list is much bigger and reputable than the fat lard and he never speaks disrespectfully. Even Fergie praised him in his book. This notion that Raiola is doing his job by being a prick is stupid. If anything he is burning bridges.

If only 5-6 top clubs colluded and made an unspoken agreement to ban Raiola, this problem will be quickly solved.
Just wrote a similar thing to this. But the truth is it'll never happen. Clubs seek every advantage over their rivals, and you'd simply never get the top clubs agreeing to do this.

RedDevilzFox

Just wrote a similar thing to this. But the truth is it'll never happen. Clubs seek every advantage over their rivals, and you'd simply never get the top clubs agreeing to do this.
I am not sure about that. I know in the past Real Madrid have silently banned Raiola, I don't think they are a big fan of the idiot. Neither are Man City. You just need Real, Barca, Man Utd, City and PSG on board pretty much. Put the word on the street that Raiola is persona non grata at these clubs and top players will automatically steer clear of him. No one loves an agent so much to devoid themselves a chance to play for the big boys.

In reality, agent fee doesn't even bother me so much as tolerating foul mouthed idiots. They are paid by the clubs and their clients and you still put up with their attitude. I would much rather pay 30M in agent fee to Mendes than 25M to Raiola, just to make a point.

Last edited:
So are elite clubs willing to pay top dollar so if the clubs wanted to do something about this they could easily do so.
To do something about it, all the top clubs would need to act together

But there’s too much incentive of breaking the pact. It fall so quickly as soon as agent has a half decently player a number of clubs want.

With Haaland, there are clubs who will pay whatever the agent wants, because there are barely any strikers out there.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
To do something about it, all the top clubs would need to act together

But there’s too much incentive of breaking the pact. It fall so quickly as soon as agent has a half decently player a number of clubs want.

With Haaland, there are clubs who will pay whatever the agent wants, because there are barely any strikers out there.
All you need is FIFA or UEFA banning agents commissions and everything is done.

No real reason why agents need to be paid millions for a single transfer.

All you need is FIFA or UEFA banning agents commissions and everything is done.

No real reason why agents need to be paid millions for a single transfer.
I agree it needs to be FIFA or UEFA. However, i don’t have any confidence that 2 money oriented corrupt organisations would be included to take any action?