Football, Bloody Hell! - E36 - Quality Knowledge (Arsenal review/Hull City preview)

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Alex @ALock1 is joined by Imran @Annihilate Now! and Nik @Rood to talk about the 1-1 draw against Arsenal at Old Trafford, Phil Jones' face tackle and David De Gea. There's also a preview of our last match of the season at Hull.

You can listen below in the web player or hit the links to download the podcast. You can also find us on iTunes and podcast apps by searching for 'Football, Bloody Hell' or adding the RSS link given below.

Podomatic: http://redcastpod.podomatic.com/entry/2015-05-20T09_29_17-07_00
RSS Feed: http://redcastpod.podomatic.com/rss2.xml

Let us know what you think here in thread and as usual, and please give us a follow/like on Twitter and Facebook. Also, for those on iTunes, we would really appreciate a review/rating.

Enjoy.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Just been having a look through the stats and we've reached over 20,000 plays on SoundCloud and over 25,000 downloads on Podomatic since the first episode back in July so thanks to everyone who's listened so far.

Fully Fledged

I said that if he was in form he would have took that chance on first time. I was disappointed that he let the opportunity go by taking the touch.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
None of our strikers would have scored it.

Fully Fledged

DDG did concede from the last two deflected shots. I think he went down to gather the low cross maybe it was a bit too soon but I can see what he was doing.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
DDG did concede from the last two deflected shots. I think he went down to gather the low cross maybe it was a bit too soon but I can see what he was doing.
Ye poor Valdes - the geezer is thrown in at the deep end for a surprise debut and then gets Imran slating him for not saving a massively deflected shot!

Arsenal Sunderland 0-0 so it's a bit more disappointing that we couldn't have seen the match out.
I think we might have seen a different Arsenal if they really needed the win - a draw suited both teams so thats exactly what we got

Fully Fledged

Ye poor Valdes - the geezer is thrown in at the deep end for a surprise debut and then gets Imran slating him for not saving a massively deflected shot!
Let's hope it's not echos of Falcao. The last player Imran took a dislike to never recovered from the fallout.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Great podcast lads! Nice to see others noticed how good Herrera and Mata were on Sunday. I also hope we lose to Hull so Newcastle go down, and losing to Big Sam as well, hopefully it's like the perfect storm where everything collides at the right time to send that fat tosser Ashley down to the lower leagues alongside his lower league sports shops.

YOUNG! Player of the pre-season tour and then outfield player of the season as well (De Gea won Goalkeeper of the season). So chuffed for Young, I have been championing him all year (many times in the podcast threads) asked to play in a few different positions and asked to do many different jobs and he hasn't moaned once and he has risen to every challenge. He certainly doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Can't wait till next week. Cheers lads. :)

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Fun pods, gave me quite a few smiles on the bike today. Enjoyed it!
If we make you fall off your bike through laughing we've done our job. And no you can't sue us for damages.

Sounds like one of you was knocking one out at about 27 mins.
Yeah I did wonder what was going on there when I mixed the episode. Any explanation @Rood?

I like how it says "Yo"
That's Damien's doing in the banner, not ours. Although @ALock1 did also begin the show as though he was about to start rapping.

Great podcast lads! Nice to see others noticed how good Herrera and Mata were on Sunday. I also hope we lose to Hull so Newcastle go down, and losing to Big Sam as well, hopefully it's like the perfect storm where everything collides at the right time to send that fat tosser Ashley down to the lower leagues alongside his lower league sports shops.

YOUNG! Player of the pre-season tour and then outfield player of the season as well (De Gea won Goalkeeper of the season). So chuffed for Young, I have been championing him all year (many times in the podcast threads) asked to play in a few different positions and asked to do many different jobs and he hasn't moaned once and he has risen to every challenge. He certainly doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Can't wait till next week. Cheers lads. :)
Nice one langster.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Oh ye - no idea whats going on there, I blame Locka !

glad you managed to get in a bit of that epic LvG speech - the guy is pure genius
Yeah I spent a while trying to find Rooney's goal at their place from last year, Darron Gibson's and I think Berbatov got one there a few years ago too. Settled for this season's game and felt that speech would be a good compromise.

Last edited:

Alock1

Oh ye - no idea whats going on there, I blame Locka !

glad you managed to get in a bit of that epic LvG speech - the guy is pure genius
it was on your track mate

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I feel like we should be doing more for our Iranian fans - there are probably at risk of a flogging just by listening to us!

Alock1

Just to clarify, the second image is for podomatic downloads/plays (mostly itunes/podcast apps). It's not a breakdown of the Soundcloud image above.

Pretty sure I am at least half of the plays from The Netherlands. Great to see I'm represented.
Keep it up dude. Have you been wearing your hand crafted Football Bloody Hell t-shirt at the red-light district again?

Mark_GrumpyLion

Just to clarify, the second image is for podomatic downloads/plays (mostly itunes/podcast apps). It's not a breakdown of the Soundcloud image above.

Keep it up dude. Have you been wearing your hand crafted Football Bloody Hell t-shirt at the red-light district again?
It gives me a 5% increase after the havoc you lads made, so no.
Banter

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I tipped 3-1 too but for the sake of being different, 3-2 United.