Football leaks: Ibrahimovic and Pogba wages

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Daily mail published article about Ibrahimovic and Pogba wages, which they got from football leaks.

Summary:

• Ibrahimovic is the best-paid player in the Premier League on £367,640 a week, totalling just over £19million a year. He is also due £2.86m in goal bonuses.
  • contract extension would only have been triggered if Ibrahimovic had made 31 Premier League starts — he fell short on 27 — and United finished in the top three.
  • Pogba earns a basic wage of £8.61m, equating to £165,588 a week, and will receive an annual loyalty bonus in excess of £3.4m from next year.
  • Raiola will be paid over £41million after bringing Pogba to United from Juventus for a world record £89m transfer fee.
  • Pogba will receive 980K if voted in FIFA player of the year
  • Next year his base salary will be down to £7.75 Million but his bonus will increase to £3.46 Million
  • Raiol made 22.8 Million from transfer fee, 16.3 Million will be paid in 5 installments (assuming from ManUtd) and 2.2 Million from Pogba.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rahimovic-Pogba-revealed.html#article-4485750

So Pogba gets 165K per week excluding image rights and not sure about loyalty bonus, whether it's annual or for the length of the contract, meaning 3.4 Million over the 5-6 year period.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I thought Juventus paid Raiola? Hence why a big chunk of the fee was missing from their official PDF announcement of the transfer and the amount Juventus got.

Pogba's wage seems lower than I expected, Zlatan a fair bit higher. Assuming all of this is true, that is.

Eire Red United

Daily mail published article about Ibrahimovic and Pogba wages, which they got from football leaks.

Summary:

• Ibrahimovic is the best-paid player in the Premier League on £367,640 a week, totalling just over £19million a year. He is also due £2.86m in goal bonuses.
  • contract extension would only have been triggered if Ibrahimovic had made 31 Premier League starts — he fell short on 27 — and United finished in the top three.
  • Pogba earns a basic wage of £8.61m, equating to £165,588 a week, and will receive an annual loyalty bonus in excess of £3.4m from next year.
  • Raiola will be paid over £41million after bringing Pogba to United from Juventus for a world record £89m transfer fee.
  • Pogba will receive 980K if voted in FIFA player of the year
  • Next year his base salary will be down to £7.75 Million but his bonus will increase to £3.46 Million
  • Raiol made 22.8 Million from transfer fee, 16.3 Million will be paid in 5 installments (assuming from ManUtd) and 2.2 Million from Pogba.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...rahimovic-Pogba-revealed.html#article-4485750

So Pogba gets 165K per week excluding image rights and not sure about loyalty bonus, whether it's annual or for the length of the contract, meaning 3.4 Million over the 5-6 year period.
To be honest I thought Pogba would have been on more. Although its from the Daily Mail so they are likely to have just pulled those figures out of their @rse.

Murray3007

feels a bit silly calling Zlatan a free on those kind of wages to be fair, Pogba i thought would been on more then that as a basic salalry, the fee the agent got would that not really be payed via Juventus tho as he had an agreement with them that he would get so much percent of any transfer fee? not that it really matters either way.

roonster09

Scout
I thought Juventus paid Raiola? Hence why a big chunk of the fee was missing from their official PDF announcement of the transfer and the amount Juventus got.

Pogba's wage seems lower than I expected, Zlatan a fair bit higher. Assuming all of this is true, that is.
Yeah 22 Million from Juventus (part of transfer fee), 16 Million from ManUtd, 2 Million from Pogba.

Akshay

Staff
Interesting. I wonder if the board's pressure on Mourinho to finish high in the league diminished after Zlatan's injury. Does put into context Zlatan's remarks that him staying was not conditional on CL qualification but somehow dependent on his team-mates.

kps88

Interesting. I wonder if the board's pressure on Mourinho to finish high in the league diminished after Zlatan's injury. Does put into context Zlatan's remarks that him staying was not conditional on CL qualification but somehow dependent on his team-mates.
But he would have fallen short of the required amount of appearances anyway, right?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Jesus, Zlatan is on mental money. Thought Pogba would be on more, but for some reason 250,000 is the estimated figure for just about every top player.

lopiop

With the zlatan money, he could/should have scored 40 this season :confused::D

Notable misses at home against various bottom half of table teams.

2 man midfield

Imagine our accounts next season after shifting Bastian, Rooney and Zlatan. That's like 900,000 we can throw at Griezmann to buy himself an umbrella.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Imagine our accounts next season after shifting Bastian, Rooney and Zlatan. That's like 900,000 we can throw at Griezmann to buy himself an umbrella.
When you think of it like that, it's £40m a year + wages for a top player we are saving just on those 3 leaving alone. Considering 2 of those players had a pretty small effect on our season it's quite poor.

The United

We should extend zlatan's contract and pay 20m + for next season anyway because it is a decent thing to do.

lewwoo

I might be being naive here but what do agent's actually do to earn that kind of money? Aren't they just a middle man? Could players not negotiate their own contracts with clubs. I understand it's huge sums involved but it surely couldn't be that complicated for the clubs and players to cut out the agent.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Zlatan should have scored more for that kind of money. Insane wages.

Mino making £41m from Pogba transfer is disgusting. Forty one fecking million!

Pogba's basic wage is low but in addition with Image rights and yearly guaranteed Loyalty bonus it comes to around 287k, which is obscene in itself.

2 man midfield

We should extend zlatan's contract and pay 20m + for next season anyway because it is a decent thing to do.
I can see us parting ways amicably in the summer. It's too much risk to pay him during his recuperation, then offer him a further year aged 37 without having played for a year. On these wages it makes absolutely no sense.

MadMike

Yeah 22 Million from Juventus (part of transfer fee), 16 Million from ManUtd, 2 Million from Pogba.
That is a surreal amount of money for what a essentially is deal brokering. In financial services brokers charge 1% -2% of the deal value yet in football it seems to be anywhere from 10%-50%.

It's mad and absolutely bonkers. Needs regulating big time.

cyberman

Not the ridiculous wages that Madrid and its fans said they refused to pay for Pogba now is it?
Who is the Madrid poster who continually claimed Pogba was on 650k per week pre tax?

Akshay

Staff
But he would have fallen short of the required amount of appearances anyway, right?
Maybe. He'd have had to play in 4 of the 6 PL games after his injury occurred. He might have gotten there via substitute cameos. I think if the club were in a position where that clause applied they'd have made sure to find a way to activate it.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
That is a surreal amount of money for what a essentially is deal brokering. In financial services brokers charge 1% -2% of the deal value yet in football it seems to be anywhere from 10%-50%.

Its not for deal brokering though.

When Juventus signed Pogba from United, a part ownership of Pogba was given to Raiola.

So when United signed him back, they paid a fee of 110 mil euros. A part of that was paid to Raoila for his portion of Pogba. Its not an agent fee.

Juventus themselves even released this statement on the official media channels.

But it doesnt stop people from spreading this false rumours.

MadMike

When Juventus signed Pogba from United, a part ownership of Pogba was given to Raiola.

So when United signed him back, they paid a fee of 110 mil euros. A part of that was paid to Raoila for his portion of Pogba. Its not an agent fee.

Juventus themselves even released this statement on the official media channels.

I genuinely didn't know that. So only what we paid Raiola was for the brokering?

kps88

Maybe. He'd have had to play in 4 of the 6 PL games after his injury occurred. He might have gotten there via substitute cameos. I think if the club were in a position where that clause applied they'd have made sure to find a way to activate it.
Wait which injury are we talking about here? I was talking about the knee injury. No way could he have made cameos after that. And even then it mentions 31 starts, not appearances.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Not the ridiculous wages that Madrid and its fans said they refused to pay for Pogba now is it?
Who is the Madrid poster who continually claimed Pogba was on 650k per week pre tax?
That's something close to what Bale is on at the minute probably

roonster09

Scout

Yeah, like @K2K said, it's not just for brokering the deal. He owned percentage of transfer fee when he took Pogba to Juventus on free transfer, obviously Pogba will also get good share from it.

Akshay

Staff
Wait which injury are we talking about here? I was talking about the knee injury. No way could he have made cameos after that. And even then it mentions 31 starts, not appearances.
Oh yes, I meant if he hadn't been injured we may have prioritized the league more. Once his knee injury occurred I think the interest from the club's side in retaining him went down as well. That's why I'm saying the board may have given Mourinho more leeway to prioritize the EL.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Zlatan's wages are enourmous but he's a legend of the game who is still performing. No sense in renewing his contract though. We can't carry such expensive injured players.

TrueRed79

Feck me! All that money that went to Mino. Scandalous to be honest. What qualifications do you need to be a football agent? Lawyer?

Ferguson

Zlatan came on a free transfer, so he was able to ask for more money in wages. That is the benefit of moving at the end of your contract. The risk of course is that you get a big injury as he now has.

Manny

Grammar Police

Yep. The idea seems to be to bamboozle people with numbers. 89m turns into 120m for the tools who reads the Daily Mail.

It's also not clear how Raiola's 16m fee was negotiated/split. He represented all three of Pogba, Zlatan and Mikhi last summer.

Z_Wolf

How do you become a sports agent lads? I'd happily cut short my IT career for this kind of money.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Having seen stuff on football leaks I know for a fact to be inaccurate I refuse to believe anything they claim.