Gaming Football Manager 2013

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Rooney just broke Rafael's leg in training putting him out for 6 months leaving only Valencia as a wing back for me. Ridiculous.
feck. For a second I forgot what thread I was in and thought this was the Villa match thread. Thank christ.

Cina

A season in and I have to say, I think 12 is much better.

Crustanoid

I just accidentally on purpose bought this through steam. Loading the fecker up now

Ralaks

feck. For a second I forgot what thread I was in and thought this was the Villa match thread. Thank christ.
Hah Yeah.

Still fecking sucks though, playing with Wing Backs so Smalling and Jones aren't really able backups. He was in fantastic form too. 4 goals and 4 assist in 19 games.

Crustanoid

So I've just bought this....

I always start every new game with a United save to get a feel for the new features / database, before trying a more challenging longer game with a lower side.

I've had some mixed fortunes so far. Bought Bale but he's on the bench a lot because the best fortune seems to be the diamond with Rooney as AM, Kagawa and Anderson / Cleverly behind with Carrick at the base. This means all my wingers are benched quite a lot. RVP is top notch in this game

Flying Fox

So I bought this yesterday and started up a game with Adelaide United.

Play against Newcastle Jets. Heskey scores on me in the 1st minute :lol:

The one thing that infuriates me is that marking players is non-existent sometimes. Playing against Perth Glory I had my centre-backs tightly marking their strikers, but still one of them found enough space to take in a cross from the right, control it, and place it ito the bottom corner making it 2-2 with 10 mins to go :mad:

Any way I can fix this?

roseguy64

It's not scripted. Just certain games the odds are heavily weighed against you based on various factors.

Sw33t

Van Persie, Rooney and Hernadez really do not want to score for me.

It's all left to Valencia at the moment, and Welbeck. None of the other feckers can!

blythy

Fascist Dictator
I'm trying to like it, but the interface is just "information" overload.

FM2009 is still the best one for me.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Neymar & Damaio are currently on the transfer list, tempting.

LARulz

I'm at Bayern about to start my second season there (third overall). Guardiola took over at United and I have had a clear out by getting rid of a few first teamers including Boatang and Ribery. Got Powell back on loan, got Aguero (transfer listed) and asked my DoF for Welbeck. Normally he signs nonsense players and never gets the ones I want but turns out he's getting Welbeck for 39million!

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Liverpool is close to relegation in the 2nd season in this game. It's gotten to the point where I might play my reserves against Wigan just to make sure Liverpool gets relegated. If I lose, I might lose the title, but to see Liverpool relegated would just be so sweet..

Crustanoid

Liverpool is close to relegation in the 2nd season in this game. It's gotten to the point where I might play my reserves against Wigan just to make sure Liverpool gets relegated. If I lose, I might lose the title, but to see Liverpool relegated would just be so sweet..
Rogers got sacked in November in my first season :lol: They were 18th at the time.

Don16

Annoying cnut
Does anyone have a good site, where it guides me how to install and run fm13 after I (hypothetically) download it from a torrent? Just so I can be vigilant and watch out for any suspicious activity should my laptop be commandeered by a common criminal.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
It's a cult game, reasonably priced too!

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Playing as Atletico to use Falcao, trying to topple Madrid and Barca while getting Falcao to score as many as possible. Not that happy with my formation/tactic, playing the same was as Juventus with

---CB--CB--CB---
WB----DM------WB
-----CM--CM-----
-----ST----ST-----

It's getting results and we are 2nd in the league, Barca are miles ahead though, but not that keen on it. Plus the goals are being split a bit between the two strikers instead of just Falcao so might change it somehow. Plus we hardly seem to have any shots, like less than 10 a game.

RedMist99

Currently in my 4th season as QPR. So far finished 7th, 11th, 7th so not too bad going considering I had zero funds for the first two seasons.

Current squad (only players that I actually use)

Sergio Romero
Guillermo Ochoa
Ben Amos

Nedum Onuoha
Jose Bosingwa
Garry Bocaly
Phil Jagielka
Stephane M'bia
Juan Sanchez Mino
Armand Triaore

Alejandro Faurlin
Gabi Mudingayi
Samba Diakite
Christian Berger (18 year old regen who has made the deep lying player role maker his own)
Junior Hoilett
Kevin Großkreutz
Esteban Granero
Adel Taraabt
Nicolas Gaitan
Ola Toivonen

Christian Benitez
Admelison
Djibril Cisse

Now I think that is a pretty decent squad. Started the season fantastically and was comfortable in 3rd place until the end of November. It's currently mid March and I have only won 5 games since then. Constantly conceding sloppy goals, usually late.

How do I stop the rot?

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Anyone got a torrent for me to report and get incredibly self-righteous about? :angel:

Would be so grateful! I've got such an urge to play this now after seeing Anthony Vanden Borre's name in that Belgium thread. I've not played it since 2007 now, it's been too long.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Anyone got a torrent for me to report and get incredibly self-righteous about? :angel:

Would be so grateful! I've got such an urge to play this now after seeing Anthony Vanden Borre's name in that Belgium thread. I've not played it since 2007 now, it's been too long.
Yes, me too. I'd like to report it to the proper authorities over here.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Seeing as my United game has corrupted I may start a game with Dortmund.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
The fixture lists in this game is ridiculous sometimes. Got promoted with Forest, and my first 6 games in the top flight were against Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton, Newcastle and City. Managed to beat Arsenal, but lost all the others and I'm now at the bottom of the table, which isn't nice to see. Hope I recover!

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Anyone have any idea how to get your fullbacks to cross more?

Literally all I want them to do is cross, but they keep getting it in good positions and then not crossing.

Have crossing to often, hug touchline, run with ball sometimes, through balls never, long shots never and creative freedom is low.. any ideas?

LARulz

Ronaldo was listed all through the first half of my third season. January comes I raise the funds and the fecker decides he's happy all of a sudden!

Epic

Ronaldo decides he's happy all of a sudden!
It's crazy how realistic the game has become.

I'm currently having a go with FM12 after not playing the series for a few years to increase my appetite for FM13.

roseguy64

So my Blackburn team in 2015 are first in the league ahead of Man Utd. 2 games to go. Played Barcelona in the second leg of the Champions League Semis on Tuesday and I won 2-1 to go through 3-2 on aggregate. Then on Thursday I had to use a second string team to play Everton who are 7th in the league, winning 2-1 due to a late winner from Jordan Rhodes.

Now on Saturday I have my first of two finals against Man Utd, FA Cup and then Champions League later. Played them in the league on the Saturday before the Barcelona second leg and they demolished me 4-0. They're on 79pts and me on 83.

My 2 games left in the league are against Aston Villa(13th) and Newcastle(9th) while theirs are against Sunderland(18th) and Man City 5th.
Very interesting last 4 games to the season I have coming up.

roseguy64

FA Cup won. Played on the counter the majority of the game and got a goal via a set piece.

roseguy64

And then the league was won. 5-2 battering of Villa ensured the win. Man Utd destroyed Sunderland but 'twas in vain.

LARulz

It's crazy how realistic the game has become.

I'm currently having a go with FM12 after not playing the series for a few years to increase my appetite for FM13.
I know, the moment he realises Bayern are the only team interested he decides to stay and be at Madrid who are sitting 12th with the rest of the team thinking the team is underachieving...

Why not just jump into FM13? I'm taking for a couple days, need a break to keep it fresh.

roseguy64

Lost the CL Final 2-0. Nani with a goal in the 2nd minute then Kagawa later in the first half. Neymar got sent off for Utd around minute 40 but I just couldn't get in there. Vidic with some last ditch clearances and De Gea was good.