Other 'Football Reaction' YouTubers

Hoof the ball

Anyone else watch any of these types of videos? I'm not talking about the kind of super click-baity folks who clearly are only in it for the views, but the kind of content makers who start off reacting to football for the first time and then within a relatively short period of time go on to become encapsulated by the game to the point that they're genuine fans in every sense of the word. In particular I'm very interested in what these kind of videos are doing for American's who otherwise wouldn't have that kind of exposure to the sport.

Two in particular come to mind. One is a channel called Da Bronco. Reacted to a football video about a year ago and now he's already made the travel over to England to watch PL games. With Youtube you never know if it's surface level, but with as many views as football videos tends to draw, and with just the proliferation of reaction videos it makes sense that you can win over geniune fans in no time.

Another channel is Luke's Sports Academy. He's an American football coach who coaches high school teams, and a year ago he started reacting to football videos. In a really short space of time he's gotten into the game from the intrigue of how football tactics work and how European leagues operate. Really great to see this kind of engagement that is beyond surface level. To top it all off, 9 months after his first football reaction he's now paid to start learning how to be a football coach in the States and going through the necessary badges. This is the kind of thing I love about what is happening on Youtube right now. It's pulling American's away from their established sports base and opening them up to football.

Big Andy

Bloke
Do they overuse "You guys", "Dude" and "Bro" like all the other YouTube dickheads?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Reaction content can be OK if its somebody who would be interesting to see a reaction from and the video isn't playing the entire video/song with the reactioner adding little to nothing to it.

This kind of content is easy plenty of people will go for it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I honestly can't get past the thumbnails of videos like this.

Hoof the ball

Reaction content can be OK if its somebody who would be interesting to see a reaction from and the video isn't playing the entire video/song with the reactioner adding little to nothing to it.

This kind of content is easy plenty of people will go for it.
Yeah, this guy actually puts up good content and pauses it for reflection quite a lot. He's genuinely trying to learn the game, which I appreciate.

SuperiorXI

These days, they ask for far too much

Like, comment, subscribe, let me shag ya mum

I'm not doing anything until you provide worthy content

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Reaction content is both the dumbest and most brilliant concept. I think a lot of people at one point have sat down with a friend, partner or family member and shown them their favorite film or TV series. That's basically the feeling that these creators are trying to capitalize on. The joy of seeing other people watch someone you like for the first time.

The problem is that most of the content has to be positive and "hype" because there is nothing more awful than seeing someone not like your favorite thing!

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I'll never understand the fascination, hype and amount of interest 'reaction' videos get. It's the same with shit like Gogglebox, and supernerds reacting to trailers and movies. It's awful content.

Hoof the ball

Ffs. Some of you are miserable fecks. I posted one Youtuber (Luke) who reacted to football for the first time nine months ago, and is routinely engaging with videos related to tactical theory, historical player analysis, contemporary footballiing features and has found the sufficient enthusiasm to apply for coaching badges to become a professional coach.

Result?

Complaining about content despite the posted content creator literally attempting to turn it into an actual coaching profession. :lol:

This is all good content from a dude who, less than year ago never watched a game.

Eriku

Ffs. Some of you are miserable fecks. I posted one Youtuber (Luke) who reacted to football for the first time nine months ago, and is routinely engaging with videos related to tactical theory, historical player analysis, contemporary footballiing features and has found the sufficient enthusiasm to apply for coaching badges to become a professional coach.

Result?

Complaining about content despite the posted content creator literally attempting to turn it into an actual coaching profession. :lol:

This is all good content from a dude who, less than year ago never watched a game.
I’ve seen a fair few of Luke’s vids and I agree with you. He’s even got some vids of him starting to kick a ball around, just to gain an appreciation of what he’s reacting to. Dude’s pretty big and was struggling, but persisted with it and even started doing little small pitch games with mates. His understanding of the game has grown a ton from literally knowing nothing to now having a solid grip and appreciation of the different facets to the game.

Last edited:

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
This stuff genuinely just makes me cringe far too much to enjoy it whatsoever.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Result?

In the real world "reaction" doesn't necessarily equal "this is actually awesome you guys!"

Oddboy

I honestly can't get past the thumbnails of videos like this.
I follow a few YouTubers and they've all said that having a thumbnail with an expressional face get way more clicks/views as people identify with it more... For some kind of pseduo-psychology reason. I exclusively watch channels that are fairly nerdy and low key and even those tend towards these kinds of graphics.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I follow a few YouTubers and they've all said that having a thumbnail with an expressional face get way more clicks/views as people identify with it more... For some kind of pseduo-psychology reason. I exclusively watch channels that are fairly nerdy and low key and even those tend towards these kinds of graphics.
Oh I’m sure it works for certain demographics but for me it will stop me even clicking on it. I find it very irritating to look at.