Football Skills

H10

Huseyin 10
I decided to create a skills compilation with some of my favourite skills ranging from elasticos, nutmegs and 'Hocus Pocus'. Which player comes to mind when you think of football skills? For me for some reason I always think about Douglas Costa and Adel Taarabt, as they defo bring more street skills than most players. Also what was the best skill you ever saw? Feel free to share any skills which truly left you in awe when executed! Do let me know your thoughts on the short compilation! I particularly like the reaction from Taarabt's teammate around the 2.26mark :)

Last edited:

Always the first name to spring to mind (might want to mute the music)

And this one. This is so incredibly difficult to do.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Zidane's roulette is the most elegant I've ever seen.

Tricks rarely work in real football.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Nice video mate.

Not the craziest piece of skill you'll ever see but this one always stuck in my mind, sorry Utd fans :D

MC89

Supports
Celtic
Always the first name to spring to mind (might want to mute the music)

And this one. This is so incredibly difficult to do.

You would’ve thought someone would’ve told Marradona to tie his laces?, Brilliant all the same.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Zidane's roulette is the most elegant I've ever seen.

Tricks rarely work in real football.
Does anyone remember Fellaini doing a roulette against City right from the kick off?

I can't find the video but here's one from his Everton days

Glorio

Jay Jay Okocha just took the mick - crazy skills on the ball with a big smile on his face and used to give Keano and Co a torrid 90 mins whenever we played Bolton.

That's why I was so estatic for Ronaldo's debut. It was like we had our answer!

Bobski

No matter what sort of skill it will never look as good as a skill that ends in a nutmeg.
The nutmeg is the most overrated piece of skill in the game. My distaste for it probably derived by playing with innumerable wannabee skill merchants who are happy to give the ball away a dozen times just to get one meg on someone.

Bobski

Philistine.
Used to like them but again playing with nutmeg spammers is boring, the ones who will knock it through someones legs, but be beaten to the ball and still claim a nutmeg are especially tedious, relies more on luck that most bits of great skill.

Most of the time it is a great counter attacking weapon for the defensive team.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Used to like them but again playing with nutmeg spammers is boring, the ones who will knock it through someones legs, but be beaten to the ball and still claim a nutmeg are especially tedious, relies more on luck that most bits of great skill.

Most of the time it is a great counter attacking weapon for the defensive team.
I just love a good nutmeg. Although a close second would be something really subtle. I’m a huge fan of a body swerve. Beating someone without touching the ball. I don’t like really ostentatious skills. The more low key the better.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nutmeg shouldn't count if you don't end up with possession of the ball after it goes through their legs.

Bobski

I just love a good nutmeg. Although a close second would be something really subtle. I’m a huge fan of a body swerve. Beating someone without touching the ball. I don’t like really ostentatious skills. The more low key the better.
Agree with you there, old skill dribblers do it for me, the body feints, misdirection, change of pace, don't need all the flip flaps etc, just natural control of the ball at pace is beautiful to watch.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Agree with you there, old skill dribblers do it for me, the body feints, misdirection, change of pace, don't need all the flip flaps etc, just natural control of the ball at pace is beautiful to watch.
There’s black and white footage of Law absolutely wrecking someone with a body swerve that is a joy to watch. Just been trying to dig out the clip but no luck.

H10

Huseyin 10
Nutmeg shouldn't count if you don't end up with possession of the ball after it goes through their legs.
Agreed, just gives the impression it was by luck, unintentional or pointless.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
The nutmeg is the most overrated piece of skill in the game. My distaste for it probably derived by playing with innumerable wannabee skill merchants who are happy to give the ball away a dozen times just to get one meg on someone.
Nonsense. It's a thing of beauty.

H10

Huseyin 10
Hey Guys,

Been working on my editing and made the following skills compilation:

Would love for you to view and let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!