Footballers you like outside of the pitch

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Crouch, great sense of humour and he comes across really well.

Lineker, really charming witty host. Made the transition from footballer to presenter effortlessly. Got to be one of the most well spoken footballers.

Mata, just a great guy overall.

Patrice Evra, really relatable personality. He's the type of guy that's everyone's best friend.

Vincent Kompany, really intelligent and does a lot for Manchester charity wise. Genuinely a top guy that can take a joke.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Lingard, the less time he spends on the pitch the better.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
Drogba - His plea to support Ivory Coast in the 2006 World Cup ended a 5-year-old civil war in his country. Due to his influence on his country, he was on TIME magazine's 100 most influential people of 2010. He also has a charity organisation called The Didier Drogba Foundation which works toward the betterment of basic necessities in Ivory Coast. The driving force between a school launched for disadvantaged children etc.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Drogba - His plea to support Ivory Coast in the 2006 World Cup ended a 5-year-old civil war in his country. Due to his influence on his country, he was on TIME magazine's 100 most influential people of 2010. He also has a charity organisation called The Didier Drogba Foundation which works toward the betterment of basic necessities in Ivory Coast. The driving force between a school launched for disadvantaged children etc.
Great shout.

TheReligion

Abusive
Wasn't he involved in match fixing?

Denis79

The ego he portaits in interviews isn't there, he's always smiling and joking around and is a very nice person in general. I met his mother once and that woman rules with an iron hand, which has left both him and his half-brother very respectful of others. I was left gobsmacked how down to earth he was after the first time I met him.

There's the Zlatan on TV and the everyday one I guess.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
His charity sounds really poorly managed which is a shame. Drogba always seemed a decent guy off the pitch.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKBN13R1CQ

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Juan Mata is the obvious one. Seems like a nice guy, and the Common Goal organisation is impressive. I like that he didn't name it after himself as footballers generally do with their charities and foundations. If you didn't know he ran it, you wouldn't know from the website. He seems to put himself on the same level as everyone else involved.

I hope he stays on/comes back as an ambassador once he retires. That's the sort of person you'd want representing the club across the world. There can't be many more footballers so universally likable.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Park Ji-Sung. Running Mans best guest ever.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Keylor Navas. The only Real Madrid player I ever really liked.

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
Neymar, wish he invite me for his private party too.

diarm

Ben Foster and his missus stayed in a hotel I was working in before. They were genuinely two of the soundest guests we ever had - both just really genuine, funny and engaging people. I drove them up to their villa after dinner one night and they sat in the buggy for more than 20 minutes by the gate just chatting to me like I was an old mate.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It's very hard to separate on- and off-the-pitch impressions though. You'll see that most of my choices are incredible and fascinating footballers as well.

Cantona, Zlatan, Rio, Ole, Mata, Berbatov, Beckham from our bunch.

Crouch, Xabi Alonso, Henry, de Bruyne, Kompany, Iniesta, Nedved, Lampard, Maldini, Schweinsteiger (who never played for United as far as I'm concerned) etc.