Franco Mastantuono

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

BARCELONA and MANCHESTER UNITED are interested in Franco Mastantuono.

DO YOU WANT TO TAKE IT ALREADY!?

In #ESPNF12 , the information was released that there would already be CERTAIN interest in the jewel of #River , Franco Mastantuono. The equipment mentioned? Barcelona and Manchester United.

1 ⃣ 6 ⃣ The young attacking midfielder is old. He already scored a goal for the Argentine Cup vs Excursionistas and last Sunday, he added his first minutes in the Superclásico. Should you go to Europe or continue training at El Millonario?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Referred to as equipment now. We've fallen off that bad.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'll be franco, I don't think he'll masta the midfield and the press will come down on him like a tuono bricks

WouterWeghorst

Supports
Bald Managers
I live near Genk and I go to their games quite often and Bilal is an absolute gem of a player. His intelligence on and off the ball in an attacking sense is wonderful. He picks up the ball from defence or in the halfspaces and looks for runs from the attackers, which he often finds. When he doesn’t spot a run, he recycles very effectively so he seldom loses the ball. He’d be an ideal player for a possession based team as one of a pair of #8’s. Could improve on shooting & works in defense, but that isn’t what he does best.

from what I see from this Franco kid, who I don’t really know well other then FM/youtube is that he seems to be more about progressive dribbles compared to Bilal. I really like the profile of both of these players and they are miles away from what a United player has looked like in the past. Hopefully United move away from this counter attacking, conceding 100 attempts per game stuff and start really dominating games.

Last edited:
Reactions: BenitoSTARR

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I live near Genk and I go to their games quite often and Bilal is an absolute gem of a player. His intelligence on and off the ball in an attacking sense is wonderful. He picks up the ball from defence or in the halfspaces and looks for runs from the attackers, which he often finds. When he doesn’t spot a run, he recycles very effectively so he seldom loses the ball. He’d be an ideal player for a possession based team as one of a pair of #8’s. Could improve on shooting & works in defense, but that isn’t what he does best.

from what I see from this Franco kid, who I don’t really know well other then FM/youtube is that he seems to be more about progressive dribbles compared to Bilal. I really like the profile of both of these players and they are miles away from what a United player has looked like in the past. Hopefully United move away from this counter attacking, conceding 100 attempts per game stuff and start really dominating games.
Bilal El Khannouss is someone I've mentioned on here as someone we should look to sign. He's the type of player that I believe is required in advanced midfield positions where his ability to receive the pass under pressure, turn and open up space is something that is missing in our team.

Alexander Wirtz seems to be a popular option amongst fans, but I hope we steer clear because as much of a talent he is, he will be very costly. And I think players of the profile of Bilal or this Argentine kid would be the way forward. I'm also hoping someone like Amir Ibragimov lives upto his potential and emerges as a option for the same role in the coming seasons.

Ekeke

I think City will sign him if they want him. They have a great relationship with River since signing Alvarez, are constantly scouting Argentina and signing players from there and they have Echeverri on loan and starting for River since signed him last year. They'll no doubt have reports on Masantuonuo since hes usually the sub on for Echeverri

Main difference for me is Echeverri isnt that fast and reminds me of young Banega with his dribbling style. While Mastantuono has speed and can accelerate away from players and might be able to play out wide as well because of it. Like Echeverri right now hes just playing as AM though. Both are very technical young players but as yet arent scoring and setting up many for the River first team. At 18 and 16 its not that surprising but just saying thats the area that they dont have yet and may not get. They may end up technical dribblers without much end product. Loads of potential to be top technical players though

Ekeke

I mean from the point of view that prior to signing a new contract we could have probably got him for 20m or less now it’s 50m
Thats the release clause. Its very unlikely it'll be needed. The fees in Argentina arent very high and im sure having sold Echeverri they'll want to keep Mastamtuono till a specific time before selling him but most likely they'll let him leave when he wants to go unless they are rushed and for a more reasonable fee than 45 million euros. I'll estimate 25-30 when they're ready to let him leave which is more than the 18.5 million euros plus loan for a year which they took for Echeverri

lysglimt

Scout
I mean from the point of view that prior to signing a new contract we could have probably got him for 20m or less now it’s 50m
I was mostly referring to the original source which claimed he had signed a long contract - not you :)

daba

Thats the release clause. Its very unlikely it'll be needed. The fees in Argentina arent very high and im sure having sold Echeverri they'll want to keep Mastamtuono till a specific time before selling him but most likely they'll let him leave when he wants to go unless they are rushed and for a more reasonable fee than 45 million euros. I'll estimate 25-30 when they're ready to let him leave which is more than the 18.5 million euros plus loan for a year which they took for Echeverri
I disagree, I see this as Argentinian teams following Brazil and how they protect their top assets with £50m release clauses. I imagine River are actually frustrated that the release clauses for both Alvarez and Echeverri were as low as they were, both could easily have been £10-20m higher.

Ekeke

I disagree, I see this as Argentinian teams following Brazil and how they protect their top assets with £50m release clauses. I imagine River are actually frustrated that the release clauses for both Alvarez and Echeverri were as low as they were, both could easily have been £10-20m higher.
And if they were they still wouldnt have been used

Mastantuono's is now higher than either of theirs were while 25-30 million euros is also higher than either was signed for. Alvarez was 21.4 million euros with a loan back and Echeverri was 18.5 million euros with a loan back. In the middle was Enzo Fernandez to Benfica for 44.25 million euros and then as a teenager he was a starter for the world cup winning nation. So if someone had to pay the 45 million euros clause Mastantuono would cost more than Enzo

MLS regularly takes good young Argentine players for peanuts

daba

And if they were they still wouldnt have been used

Mastantuono's is now higher than either of theirs were while 25-30 million euros is also higher than either was signed for. Alvarez was 21.4 million euros with a loan back and Echeverri was 18.5 million euros with a loan back. In the middle was Enzo Fernandez to Benfica for 44.25 million euros and then as a teenager he was a starter for the world cup winning nation. So if someone had to pay the 45 million euros clause Mastantuono would cost more than Enzo

MLS regularly takes good young Argentine players for peanuts
Yep and Utd used to cherry pick the best players in the league for nominal fees. At some point things change / teams catch on, why is Branthwaite quoted at €75m? do you think the next Caicedo-esque talent from Ecuador will go for <€5m? why aren’t Benfica talents still selling their talents for €50m?

The answer is that the money in football is only going up and the teams with players wanted by the big leagues can exploit this.

Saying that the release clause won’t be used with such conviction is ridiculous. If he tears it up like Alvarez and Enzo were, like Endrick has been, then someone will pay that €50m. Release clauses are becoming more and more prevalent in football and it’s a teams way of making their price for a prized asset. River clearly see this kid as their next big thing and they have a great reputation for their academy products, so will be wanting a bigger slice of the pie and to make sure they get proper market value from him this time (like Brazilian teams are with Endrick and Vitor Roque), rather than being undercut.

You will only be right about the release clause if he turns out to be average, in which case they’ll sell him for like €10m to the MLS. That or he performs to his potential and someone triggers his release clause.

gajender

Yep and Utd used to cherry pick the best players in the league for nominal fees. At some point things change / teams catch on, why is Branthwaite quoted at €75m? do you think the next Caicedo-esque talent from Ecuador will go for <€5m? why aren’t Benfica talents still selling their talents for €50m?

The answer is that the money in football is only going up and the teams with players wanted by the big leagues can exploit this.

Saying that the release clause won’t be used with such conviction is ridiculous. If he tears it up like Alvarez and Enzo were, like Endrick has been, then someone will pay that €50m. Release clauses are becoming more and more prevalent in football and it’s a teams way of making their price for a prized asset. River clearly see this kid as their next big thing and they have a great reputation for their academy products, so will be wanting a bigger slice of the pie and to make sure they get proper market value from him this time (like Brazilian teams are with Endrick and Vitor Roque), rather than being undercut.

You will only be right about the release clause if he turns out to be average, in which case they’ll sell him for like €10m to the MLS. That or he performs to his potential and someone triggers his release clause.
I think you have wrong Idea about the release clauses no Club would want it inserted if they can help it .

Malkovich

I think City will sign him if they want him. They have a great relationship with River since signing Alvarez, are constantly scouting Argentina and signing players from there and they have Echeverri on loan and starting for River since signed him last year. They'll no doubt have reports on Masantuonuo since hes usually the sub on for Echeverri

Main difference for me is Echeverri isnt that fast and reminds me of young Banega with his dribbling style. While Mastantuono has speed and can accelerate away from players and might be able to play out wide as well because of it. Like Echeverri right now hes just playing as AM though. Both are very technical young players but as yet arent scoring and setting up many for the River first team. At 18 and 16 its not that surprising but just saying thats the area that they dont have yet and may not get. They may end up technical dribblers without much end product. Loads of potential to be top technical players though
Echeverri and Banega is a bit of a bizarre comparison

daba

I think you have wrong Idea about the release clauses no Club would want it inserted if they can help it .
I get your point to an extent, in most cases where the team has no intention of selling the player they won’t want one. In Spain it is mandatory and teams like Madrid and Barca just set every top player to €1bn release clauses now.

But what appears to be happening now with feeder-esque clubs like River and Benfica is that the release clause is their selling point in balance with the players salary. Clubs use this as a way of setting their price whilst they hold the stronger hand (ie. The player is under contract for 2+ years), take Benfica as the prime example. They bought Enzo for like 25m I believe and they set out their stool that if he performs at a high level they are happy to sell him for the 100m RC. A team would have paid that 100m in the summer if Chelsea hadn’t in the winter. Same will happen with Joao Neves either this summer or next, the price is 100m and whilst Benfica have the stronger hand contract-wise he won’t be going for anything less.

gajender

I get your point to an extent, in most cases where the team has no intention of selling the player they won’t want one. In Spain it is mandatory and teams like Madrid and Barca just set every top player to €1bn release clauses now.

But what appears to be happening now with feeder-esque clubs like River and Benfica is that the release clause is their selling point in balance with the players salary. Clubs use this as a way of setting their price whilst they hold the stronger hand (ie. The player is under contract for 2+ years), take Benfica as the prime example. They bought Enzo for like 25m I believe and they set out their stool that if he performs at a high level they are happy to sell him for the 100m RC. A team would have paid that 100m in the summer if Chelsea hadn’t in the winter. Same will happen with Joao Neves either this summer or next, the price is 100m and whilst Benfica have the stronger hand contract-wise he won’t be going for anything less.
I don't get the notion that Release Clauses strengthen the hand of selling Clubs at all all the positives you believe These clauses bring they exist even without having one with the added bonus of not limiting the price point for player well in advance and taking away the power of Clubs to decide when player can leave .

Enzo infact is the perfect example of this Benfica didn't want to lose him in January but couldn't do anything because of the release Clause .
Without one they could have still decided his selling price as well as timing of his departure so again please make sense of it all how release clause work in favour of Selling Club .

Ekeke

For River - Ian Subiabre (17) is another good dribbler and is a probably the best at passing of their young talents. He mainly plays RW. They also have Ruberto (18) a young striker with 2 goals in 7 matches but all the matches are sub appearances

Theres young talent all over the Argentine league. For example there's a 17 year old CB who plays every week for the 2nd place team Argentinos Jrs called Palacio. And other clubs also have a few teens and early 20s players playing. Most of these players will not cost more than £10 million. Usually the best players in the division cost less than £15 million

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Maybe we will actually be in for these kinds of players from now on instead of it always just being paper talk
I hope so, and hopefully we can sign the player below who is 18 years of age with a reported €20m release clause. He's a CB who we reportedly want to sign then loan out immediately per the report from the Argentine outlet which from my recollection is a good source for all things related to Argentine football. Jose Mayorga knows that market well and hence our links to South Americans keeps growing.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Estevão is one we should go after I think. Next up in the Vini, Rodrygo bracket. Lorran looks to be suited to English football too.