Fred the Red

TheReligion

Abusive
Probably the best mascot around. Love the way his tail pops out the back of his shorts.

Who could forget how accomodating he was to our Chinese guests too?

Fred the Red. Top mascot and absolute lad.

Havak

Pokemon master
I remember when I was really young, my parents took me and my friend to a midnight kit release at the Old Trafford store. We spent a good portion of the night pulling Fred's tail then running off. Good times.

Big Andy

Bloke
When he first came out he used to do the Sharpie Shuffle. Needs binning just for that tbh

TheReligion

Abusive
I remember when I was really young, my parents took me and my friend to a midnight kit release at the Old Trafford store. We spent a good portion of the night pulling Fred's tail then running off. Good times.
:lol:

How did Fred take to your tail pulling antics?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He’s a legend and still only the 2nd best Fred at the club :devil:

Jesse > Messi

Maybe we just put Fred in the Fred costume and play him as our new DM, midfield sorted.

Last edited:

Havak

Pokemon master
:lol:

How did Fred take to your tail pulling antics?
It must have been around 25 years ago now! Just one of those random memories that sticks with you.

I imagine the guy was mega annoyed, but we'd already darted every time, don't think he saw it was us every time he turned around :lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
He's the type of mascot you tell your grandkids about. Immense.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Probably the best mascot around. Love the way his tail pops out the back of his shorts.

Who could forget how accomodating he was to our Chinese guests too?

Fred the Red. Top mascot and absolute lad.
He's probably better than what you've currently got in central midfield.

arthurka

He’s a legend and still only the 2nd best Fred at the club :devil:
Uhh he clearly is the best one, longevity alone will clearly get him up there with the best of Fred's. Up there with Fred Durst if you ask me.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Uhh he clearly is the best one, longevity alone will clearly get him up there with the best of Fred's. Up there with Fred Durst if you ask me.
On a scale between Fred Elliott and Fred West - he is right up there

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Sir Alex used greet him even if it looked ridiculous, while tolerating his hugs.

Could they make identical one from the badge, or he would just scare people off ?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
there is a similarity. though on a standard night clubbing my red tail with its bulbus red end is poking out of the front of my united shorts, rather than the back. granted, it is way smaller but it is mostly made of felt.

Red00012

Moves like @rimaldo

And here's the legend bombing an interview on Sky Sports pointing at the United badge. No fecks given.

He Hides the Utd badge when trying to show it off ,dances behind the guy been interviewed so we can’t see him , turns around to point at his name and it’s off camera . Someone train this guy :lol:

Ole'sattheWheel

My dad was once doing some handywork for this bloke (can't remember where he said now but it was in manchester somewhere).

When he got there, the living room had a big Fred the Red costume just sitting on the floor.
Turns out it was the guy who was the actual mascot at the time (he could still well be to this day).

My dad is not much of a football fan but I was mental about united at the time as a kid (10 years old), I had all the posters, manuals, bed covers etc you name it, so he was telling fred about it.

After my dad finished the work for him, he gave him 2 tickets to OT as a thank you bonus. The match was united v newcastle - my first ever united game!

Top man

Tribec

His first game at Old Trafford didn't go quite to plan though.. Final day of the 93/94 season v Coventry. During the post match celebrations and lap of honour, half the first team squad chasted Fred, rugby tackled him and then took his head off. Let's just say the person inside was not amused, whilst everyone else was.

tomaldinho1

I remember someone telling me it was always former players in the costume and believing it for years as a child :lol:

Ricky Spanish

Met someone who claimed to be the guy inside the costume drinking in the bar of Hotel Football a couple of years back. No idea if he really was, but he was a nice chap so I chose to believe him.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
My dad was once doing some handywork for this bloke (can't remember where he said now but it was in manchester somewhere).

When he got there, the living room had a big Fred the Red costume just sitting on the floor.
Turns out it was the guy who was the actual mascot at the time (he could still well be to this day).

My dad is not much of a football fan but I was mental about united at the time as a kid (10 years old), I had all the posters, manuals, bed covers etc you name it, so he was telling fred about it.

After my dad finished the work for him, he gave him 2 tickets to OT as a thank you bonus. The match was united v newcastle - my first ever united game!

Top man
Top story that!

Which game was it?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Fred the red actually works in the megastore. I used to work with him, I thought it was a wind up on my first day but it’s actually true. He’s a decent guy, obviously has loads of photos etc with players goes everywhere the club goes. It’s probably the best shite job in the world.