Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus agrippa

Real Madrid often had consistancy issues in La Liga, they're only dominant lately because there's no real competition. They had this ability to turn on in the CL even being average in their league.

Also, I don't think people realize how hard it's going to be to replace Modric. The team really is missing something when he's not on the pitch and none of their young players are up to the task at the moment.

All that may be so.

But what Madrid have are options, because they haven't backed themselves into a corner compromising their future. When faced with a choice, choose whatever leaves you with the most options in case things don't work out. So I'd back them to find a way to figure it out. They'll certainly have the time since they won't be hampered by a single-summer splurge.

Barca need this to work, and quickly.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
All that may be so.

But what Madrid have are options, because they haven't backed themselves into a corner compromising their future. When faced with a choice, choose whatever leaves you with the most options in case things don't work out. So I'd back them to find a way to figure it out. They'll certainly have the time since they won't be hampered by a single-summer splurge.

Barca need this to work, and quickly.
Obviously, i'd put my money on Real Madrid if I had to make a choice. I'm just saying that Barcelona is allowing them to be dominant (so is Atletico, Simeone should have left at least a season ago).

croadyman

If we can get FDJ by throwing these two in as part of the deal it has to be the greatest scam ever in football. :lol:

AWB has to be the most un-Barca player ever! They only want footballers who know how to play football.

Please take them, we will have Dest

croadyman

I’ve been convinced all along he’s agreed it with ETH for when he eventually leaves, but feck me he’d kinda be a moron to join us wouldn’t he?

Unless it’s quickly followed with Rabiot, Antony, a right back and a new keeper he should stay on the Barca bench. More chance he’ll miss out on the WC starting matches here :lol:
Won't get Antony but might get RB if we can get rid of AWB/Dalot in next 3 weeks. We will only sign a backup GK to warm the bench but not rival calamity Dave. Very slim possibility of maybe signing a forward too.

Last edited:

Laurencio

Yeah or they've all heard the same guff from a third party. I'm still onboard although the train does appear to be running out of steam.
Then fire up that engine and start shoveling some coal. Because muppetry demands full steam ahead.

Choo Chooo!

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
All 3 are from Talksport. So its basically just one source.
But when Frenkie ‘told 2 people’ that he preferred Chelsea.. all of whom were on planet earth, you took that as gospel.. :rolleyes: .

In all seriousness, taking it at face value, it seemed as though Goldbridge and Crook didn’t have the same source, although I am very VERY pessimistic about what sources either of those have

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
But when Frenkie ‘told 2 people’ that he preferred Chelsea.. all of whom were on planet earth, you took that as gospel.. :rolleyes: .

In all seriousness, taking it at face value, it seemed as though Goldbridge and Crook didn’t have the same source, although I am very VERY pessimistic about what sources either of those have
The source was Andy Mitten. You go and decide whats more credible.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Well, by all accounts, Chelsea's interest has cooled, so i'm going with TalkSPORT on this one
Seems like it. Usually we'd get a couple of stories a day about how he's desperate to go to Chelsea and how they're going to sign him asap... now it's very quiet and reports about them cooling/giving up are coming out (even if they are from Sport :rolleyes:)

sewey89

Seems like it. Usually we'd get a couple of stories a day about how he's desperate to go to Chelsea and how they're going to sign him asap... now it's very quiet and reports about them cooling/giving up are coming out (even if they are from Sport :rolleyes:)
Yeah. It just feels like it's going to happen again, doesn't it. I hope the hard work of the muppets is going to come to fruition.

@Keefy18 and his burner account @VP89 are so mudded.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Yeah. It just feels like it's going to happen again, doesn't it. I hope the hard work of the muppets is going to come to fruition.

Thing is, i don't mind people being negative, but when you're basically ripping into other users for their positivity, thats when it gets really fecking annoying.

People like that just don't understand muppet season here haha

sewey89

Thing is, i don't mind people being negative, but when you're basically ripping into other users for their positivity, thats when it gets really fecking annoying.

People like that just don't understand muppet season here haha
I don't mind it if it's justified. If he goes to Chelsea, then we'll quite rightfully get pelters for wasting an entire summer. But if we sign him, there won't be any praise placed on the board for not bowing to Barca's pressure and playing the long game (which they briefed that they were prepared to do). It's as though when the club does something right, it's just doing what was expected.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

You think I dont want the transfer to happen? I am confused

Chief123

Strangely I feel more confident of signing him after that shambolic result than I would have had we won against Brentford.

We tend to pull out all the stops when we are in the shitter and panic mode like 2020 Bruno Fernandes.

lsd

The Oracle
I don't mind it if it's justified. If he goes to Chelsea, then we'll quite rightfully get pelters for wasting an entire summer. But if we sign him, there won't be any praise placed on the board for not bowing to Barca's pressure and playing the long game (which they briefed that they were prepared to do). It's as though when the club does something right, it's just doing what was expected.

Oh if he signs now the media view will be we panicked and paid totally over the odds.

There will be reports he is on 500 grand a week and hates being here

AndySmith1990

I put this thread on ignore for 3-4 weeks for the sake of my sanity. Thought I'd check back again and it looks like it's still groundhog day. This has deadline day finale written all over it

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I agree. Some people truly do think that transfers are like football manager... just go in, make a bid, get accepted and sign the player. It's never quite that easy. These clubs that seem to wrap them up quickly have probably worked for months behind the scenes to get it done. just because you don't see it happening, doesn't mean it's not

Status
Not open for further replies.