Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Zlatan

Van der Kraan has a stated United have agreements with both club and agents. It has been said the push to complete the deal will intensify this week.

Multiple reports have then said FDJ has told colleagues he’s upset at Barca and will likely go to United.

Chelsea are still yet to make a bid and it’s been suggested they have still had no encouragement and are close to scrapping their interest amidst their bids for Fofana and now Gordon.
thanks pal

TheReligion

Abusive
thanks pal
No problems.

Many of the sources are from Spain, which is unusual as they have been adamant he won’t move to United. Questions of reliability though.

The key one is Van der Kraan though who is a Dutch football expert that works for Sky Sports. He’s got links throughout Dutch football and is reliable. He’s been consistent in his opinion throughout also.

redIndianDevil

I think those other clubs might be a bit put out by calling their work "effortless" I am sure they have the same difficulties, they just aren't under the same kind of microscope.
I'm not belittling the work done by other clubs but they are able to get the job done. Chelsea were in a worse state than us(ownership wise , they had a good manager and a good squad), no one knew who the owners were going to be. They even missed renewing a world class CB due to that uncertainty. Their new owners cleaned house the moment they took over, they managed to sign Koulibaly, Sterling etc. with minimal fuss. They are trying desperately for another CB but they at least managed to sign one world class CB before their season started. I'll grant that they are in the CL, have a good manager but we can't even get one midfielder when everyone in the world knew 2 years ago that we needed a creative CM.

redIndianDevil

Given the resilience he’s shown this summer I find it hard to believe that the first hardship will see him off.

So do you have any justification for this belief that doesn’t contain the term “Di Maria”?
He seems to want to play at the highest level which we are a couple of years off. What's stopping him thinking why is he wasting his prime here.

redIndianDevil

You know that 100% for sure?

I don't get the hang up some people have about how much players cost and are paid. I don't give a stuff, pay whats needed to bring them here. Other teams do.
I'm not worried about the cost. If he willing to play for us then I'm okay with it. But he seems reluctant to join us. I want players who want to play for us, who will give it their all not players who'd rather be somewhere but are forced here.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I'm not worried about the cost. If he willing to play for us then I'm okay with it. But he seems reluctant to join us. I want players who want to play for us, who will give it their all not players who'd rather be somewhere but are forced here.
Andy Mitten has maintained throughout the saga that if Frenkie comes he will be professional and give his all. He has stated this isn’t a DiMaria situation, and Frenkie isn’t the petulant type to throw his toys and down tools. I think he’s proving that now turning out for Barca and being the best player on the pitch when he came off the bench.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You have to laugh. Neither player would touch us with a barge pole at the moment.
Yeah I Doubt Antony would like to double his salary, and FDJ would want to play some football.

Crazy.

Cypriot

You have to laugh. Neither player would touch us with a barge pole at the moment.
I mean Anthony literally said in an interview after the Ajax game that ETH should speak with his agents if we're interested. FDJ hasn't come out and said he won't join us despite this long saga...

Don't see why losing two games means no one would come - bit of an overreaction in my opinion.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Sport have always been tier stratosphere for me.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I'm not belittling the work done by other clubs but they are able to get the job done. Chelsea were in a worse state than us(ownership wise , they had a good manager and a good squad), no one knew who the owners were going to be. They even missed renewing a world class CB due to that uncertainty. Their new owners cleaned house the moment they took over, they managed to sign Koulibaly, Sterling etc. with minimal fuss. They are trying desperately for another CB but they at least managed to sign one world class CB before their season started. I'll grant that they are in the CL, have a good manager but we can't even get one midfielder when everyone in the world knew 2 years ago that we needed a creative CM.
I honestly saw the lack of CL as an issue, a blip (it'd impact but we'd get past it) but I now think it was a disaster.

At the very time that we needed a top transfer window the most (because of the shite, weak willed tossers playing for us), we're struggling and no CL must be an impact.

If rumours true and Rangnick wanted (but wasn't allowed) 1 or 2 players in Jan, saying no to that could be one of the worst decisions the board has made. Catch 22 now as struggling to get the top players who would make a difference, and without them we'll struggle for any hope of top 4, etc etc.

Spent some time thinking post Brentford game and more I do, the more I'm seriously worried. More so than any time in last 40 years. Hope I'm wrong...

Paul778

> If rumours true and Rangnick wanted (but wasn't allowed) 1 or 2 players in Jan, saying no to that could be one of the worst decisions the board has made. Catch 22 now as struggling to get the top players who would make a difference, and without them we'll struggle for any hope of top 4, etc etc.

This was massively discussed in January on the transfer threads amongst others. There were multiple good CDM options available in January under the 30M mark, all of which were significant quality upgrades on what we had, and would retain resale value if seen as surplus to requirements. We needed multiple players in the midfield so it should never have been a problem.

However, the board briefed that any signings in that window would reduce the available money in the summer. Again, massively short-sighted, and immediately gave the message to the players that RR was just a stopgap without any real power with the board. You couldn't make it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.