Frenkie de Jong - Part 2 - Chase Harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quadrant

This year Barcelona, in principle, will ask for more money. I guess about €100M minimum. The economic situation of the club is different and Xavi considers FDJ non-transferable.

The Spanish league has players of great quality, some are young players.
And good teams and coaches.
The way of playing in Spain with many fouls, waste of time may seem that football is worse than it is.
I've been a regular watcher of La Liga since the 90s and this is about as weak as I can remember the league. The fact that solid but unremarkable teams like Betis and La Real are top 4 contenders says it all.

Its not a league without quality whatsoever - I keep watching it after all - but often in La Liga there are a couple of really exciting teams beyond just Barca and Madrid, who are trying to reach into the CL spots, with players that you can just tell are going places (think Valencia 2010). But I don't see that at the moment. The fact that teams in a relegation battle in the Prem can spend more on transfers than 17 or 18 La Liga teams is having an effect.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I've been a regular watcher of La Liga since the 90s and this is about as weak as I can remember the league. The fact that solid but unremarkable teams like Betis and La Real are top 4 contenders says it all.

Its not a league without quality whatsoever - I keep watching it after all - but often in La Liga there are a couple of really exciting teams beyond just Barca and Madrid, who are trying to reach into the CL spots, with players that you can just tell are going places (think Valencia 2010). But I don't see that at the moment. The fact that teams in a relegation battle in the Prem can spend more on transfers than 17 or 18 La Liga teams is having an effect.
With all due respect, you are mixing several different aspects.

- In your previous post you said that the Spanish league lacks quality. The Spanish League has quality and players with a lot of skill.
Another different issue is that you compare it with past golden ages.
And we're not talking about an English team being able to spend much more money.

At Real Sociedad there are very good players like Zubimendi, Oyarzabal or Mikel Merino, to give an example.

quadrant

In your previous post you said that the Spanish league lacks quality. The Spanish League has quality and players with a lot of skill.
And we're not talking about an English team being able to spend much more money.
2 illustrates 1, and 3 is an explanation of why. If you disagree, no worries, I just say what I see.

AaronRedDevil

Another summer of him saying no and waste all that time while Jude signs elsewhere and then we are left with Fellaini on loan. Typical united summer

Chief123

This is true. I don’t watch as much as La Liga as I used to but when I do there is a clear difference in quality.

It’s not surprising considering the 20 teams in the premier league are apparently in the top 25 richest teams in Europe. All the money and interest is in the premier league.

RVN1991

Still don't understand why so many want someone so bad who clearly has 0 interest in playing for the club. Baffling and embarrassing at the same time considering the stature of the club. Di Maria all over again.

cyberman

This year Barcelona, in principle, will ask for more money. I guess about €100M minimum. The economic situation of the club is different and Xavi considers FDJ non-transferable.

The Spanish league has players of great quality, some are young players.
And good teams and coaches.
The way of playing in Spain with many fouls, waste of time may seem that football is worse than it is.
How is the economic situation different?

RVN1991

So you’re saying you have vibes…?
You'd think we were Spurs or some other nothing tin pot club going by the embarrassing comments in here. "oh please Frenkie join us look how much better we are now". Sickening. We should be looking at players who find playing at Manchester United a privilege, we are one of the biggest clubs in the world ffs, we need to start acting like it in the market. You think Madrid/Barca/Bayern go out and beg players who have no interest in playing for them?

Chief123

With all due respect, you are mixing several different aspects.

- In your previous post you said that the Spanish league lacks quality. The Spanish League has quality and players with a lot of skill.

At Real Sociedad there are very good players like Zubimendi, Oyarzabal or Mikel Merino, to give an example.
It doesn’t change the fact La Liga has considerably less quality to what it used to. Outside of Madrid and some of the Barca players, there isn’t much to see.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
A casemiro/bruno/de jong midfield should be more than enough to see us compete for both the league and the cl.

Hope we get it done this time around.

Castia

Not a patch on the infamous Wesley Sneijder and Arturo Vidal.
Way worse than both

This ran all summer and was obvious the player had no intention of leaving from day 1 yet in day 100+ we were still in for him

I gave zero fecks about Vidal but yeah the Sneijder summer was shit as well and so was Thiago before he joined Bayern

cyberman

Teas has said Barca won’t be allowed to buy in the summer and have to sell

Status
Not open for further replies.