Frenkie De Jong | Performances

Chief123

Would be good for them, they don't have the cash though so obviously bullshit.
Yeah I’d struggle to see where Liverpool would stump up the £80+M required in January when they begrudging brought in a crooked player on loan in the summer.

The only reason I could see them going for him is if they had a pool of cash reserved to buy Bellingham in the summer but with the strong links from his camp that he prefers Madrid in the summer may have meant Liverpool are planning on allocating that cash for an alternative and using it earlier than the summer.

Remember they need to weigh up whether it’s wiser to spend the cash in January and secure top 4 or wait till the summer but potentially miss out on huge money by not getting top 4.

There may be a different approach planned. Hope not.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah I’d struggle to see where Liverpool would stump up the £80+M required in January when they begrudging brought in a crooked player on loan in the summer.

The only reason I could see them going for him is if they had a pool of cash reserved to buy Bellingham in the summer but with the strong links from his camp that he prefers Madrid in the summer may have meant Liverpool are planning on allocating that cash for an alternative and using it earlier than the summer.

Remember they need to weigh up whether it’s wiser to spend the cash in January and secure top 4 or wait till the summer but potentially miss out on huge money by not getting top 4.

There may be a different approach planned. Hope not.
I doubt they had the Bellingham cash to begin with as (a) he's not that good to begin with and (b) its not their style.

I wouldn't worry about this materializing and besides If he wanted to move to epl we'd be more attractive than them anyway, it's not like Liverpool as a city is more luxurious than Manchester in any shape or form, I'll be more worried about Chelsea.

Chief123

I doubt they had the Bellingham cash to begin with as (a) he's not that good to begin with and (b) its not their style.

I wouldn't worry about this materializing and besides If he wanted to move to epl we'd be more attractive than them anyway, it's not like Liverpool as a city is more luxurious than Manchester in any shape or form, I'll be more worried about Chelsea.
Well I hold hope in that some of the summer reports cited FDJ wanted a club with stability which allegedly he didn’t see at Utd. We’ve looked a different proposition than the one that finished last season and you could argue there’s a lot of instability at Liverpool right now with major changes to their back room and uncertainty in their team on the pitch right now.

Who knows let’s see. Yes I’m more worried about Chelsea than Liverpool with regards to FDJ. He’ll be a major player for whichever club he goes to if he does decide to move.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I would have worried about this in Summer but now I trust ETH. Eriksen is doing great now and we have time to make a decision regarding this position.

bosskeano

Frenkie might want to find out Barca's plans....linked with BOTH Neves and Alvarez today according to Sport

- Mexico international Edson Alvarez has been identified as a potential successor for Sergio Busquets at Barcelona, according to Sport. The Blaugrana are reported to have been keeping a close eye on the 25-year-old Ajax Amsterdam midfielder, as Xavi Hernandez continues to look for reinforcements in the January window. The Eredivisie club previously rejected an offer of around €50m for his services from Chelsea, but there is hope that they could be willing to part ways with him in January.

Donut

He’s back in their starting lineup, so fair play, his plan worked and quite early into the season too.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Could be joining us in Europa after xmas
Will definitely be joining us in europa as no way Barca make it through. I really want us to sign this guy or identify someone else with his skill set. Kovacic at Chelsea is one that I think could be really good.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
He’s back in their starting lineup, so fair play, his plan worked and quite early into the season too.
He back but for how long? He's not a single pivot type of player. He's not defensively aware enough and his offensive impact will be very restricted.

Last edited:

croadyman

Will definitely be joining us in europa as no way Barca make it through. I really want us to sign this guy or identify someone else with his skill set. Kovacic at Chelsea is one that I think could be really good.
No doubt Chelsea don't get back into the game on Saturday without him,still not a clue why he stripped off after game though.

Kweku Amonoo

Maxence Caqueret of Lyon is such a player.

kunal18

I doubt he will move now that he is starting important games and Busquets on the decline.
Kessie is the one struggling to get into that team, so highly unlikely De Jong will leave Barca.
But we certainly need a player in that ilk.

Elcabron

Did he take a pay cut or how did that pan out? Welcome to the Europa league by the way Frenkie.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Some interesting noise around this guy again, but I won’t be hurt again.
I think this boat sailed in the summer and it looks a lot like it was a ghost ship the whole time. We have Casemiro now and I’m good with that.
That’s why I’m gonna say, with regret - I’m out. :p

RedOrange

Did he take a pay cut or how did that pan out? Welcome to the Europa league by the way Frenkie.
Nope, he got everything he wanted because he's sitting on a guaranteed contract and Xavi's not going to potentially throw away points and his job to let him rot on the bench. The stakes are way too high for both him and the club to base lineup decisions on anything other than putting the best team in the pitch.

redcucumber

Slightly apprehensive about loading our squad up once again with star players on mega wages.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
For those saying everything is all good because De Jong is back in the team - so long as he remains on that contract he will always be available I suspect. The time to really pack it up is once we learn that he has accepted less money to stay.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Pedri, Gavi, Busquets, Kessie, FDJ and soon to be Neves. That’s a pretty good selection of midfielders.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Frenkie might want to find out Barca's plans....linked with BOTH Neves and Alvarez today according to Sport

- Mexico international Edson Alvarez has been identified as a potential successor for Sergio Busquets at Barcelona, according to Sport. The Blaugrana are reported to have been keeping a close eye on the 25-year-old Ajax Amsterdam midfielder, as Xavi Hernandez continues to look for reinforcements in the January window. The Eredivisie club previously rejected an offer of around €50m for his services from Chelsea, but there is hope that they could be willing to part ways with him in January.
Alvarez isn't a Barcelona level player. There's no way Xavi okay this.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
its hoarding at this point.:annoyed:
Busquets will have one foot in the retirement home by the time they get Neves.
It's a proper selection of midfielders for a top club, something they won't be for very long considering they gave up their future revenue.

Elcabron

Nope, he got everything he wanted because he's sitting on a guaranteed contract and Xavi's not going to potentially throw away points and his job to let him rot on the bench. The stakes are way too high for both him and the club to base lineup decisions on anything other than putting the best team in the pitch.
I see, though he did seem to be on the bench a lot at the start of the season but I guess they couldn't afford to keep him there.

romufc

I see, though he did seem to be on the bench a lot at the start of the season but I guess they couldn't afford to keep him there.
He did start on the bench alot until they starting to perform badly in Europe. Now Xavi has decided that FDJ is vital.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
From what I can gather,, it seems like Xavi is just trying to pick his best XI.

Pedri Busquets Gavi without FDJ performed better the 2nd half of last season, so it makes sense he started FDJ on the bench this season. He's taken his chance. Occam's razor applies.