Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We are probably in kind of a pickle because of Ronaldo wanting to leave. If he does, we will have to sign someone, which is forcing our hand a season too early.
I disagree.

A- Ronaldo had always been a quick fix which we will have to tackle either this year or the next. Surely the club can dig deep in their coffers to add a striker. After all they were able to find enough money for dividendinho

B- Ronaldo can either find a buyer or he's stuck with us. He can't really cause any concern else he risk being kicked out of the first team just months before the WC.

On that matter I'd bring in a striker on the cheap. If Ronaldo causes panic then he'll spend the rest of the season playing with youths. Then good luck for him finding a club willing to give him a good contract at age 38

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
all valid points, personally i don't think we're going to see a 180 in his point of view that would be in line with your thinking in less than a month.
ETH needs to be less stubborn and our DOF/CEO need to find a spine and discuss this matter with the manager cause this situation is beyond ridiculous. We're basically relying on the ability of the dirtiest clubs in history and a player who doesn't want to leave to sort this out without having to go in court. Not to forget that a CL club might swoop in, last minute, and sign him up

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
What an absolute disaster the club has made of this transfer window.

Sorting the midfield out this summer was priority number one and we’ve chased a player that has no interest in leaving.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
As I said yesterday. Wait for updates from actual reputable journalists, rather than jumping up and down and stomping about every fecking tiny Spanish update

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Surely the more players Barca sign, the more desperate they'll be to sell this lad?

To me it sounds like they keep putting de Jong in a better and better position in terms of negotiating.

Redcy

except this is based on the same report we had by Cadena, this story claims he ahs told the club hierarchy, except the original Cadena report said no such thing. Their report stated he had told friends in the dressing room he didnt want to leave. So bullshit from the Mail

Lights Out

As I said yesterday. Wait for updates from actual reputable journalists, rather than jumping up and down and stomping about every fecking tiny Spanish update
Where are they though? Why would the “reputable” journalists be so quiet on the transfer saga of the summer?

I’m amazed why almost a quarter of the people in this thread believe it’s only a matter of time when there really hasn’t been anything to get so optimistic about.

It’s literally just been “he doesn’t want to join United/ he doesn’t want to leave Barca/ if he does it will only be to Chelsea”
etc etc

WPMUFC

Where are they though? Why would the “reputable” journalists be so quiet on the transfer saga of the summer?

I’m amazed why almost a quarter of the people in this thread believe it’s only a matter of time when there really hasn’t been anything to get so optimistic about.

It’s literally just been “he doesn’t want to join United/ he doesn’t want to leave Barca/ if he does it will only be to Chelsea”
etc etc
So you're confused that people are optimistic due to Tier 1-2 MUFC journos not saying much, but you think one Spanish outlet saying he wants to go to chelsea, and no reputable chelsea tier 1-2 journo's saying anything means we should be pessimistic?

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I'm still very much in the confident it will happen corner.

Frenkie has the best of both worlds here. Stay at Barca and earn his money, or a move prepared for him, if Barca pay the money,

Barca are the ones with the issues.
If they don't pay Frenkie off, they're stuck with unregistered players, or selling off more assets. It's in their interest to pay him.

What I don't get though is, how does selling Frenkie, removing whatever wages, free up enough money to register 5 or 6 players, who collectively will be on more money. Yes they bring in 75m or so, but have spent more than that anyway.
I know transfers can be spread over the course of the contract, but surely selling a player has the same effect in reverse

WPMUFC

Example 6997 of why we need to keep posting these messages : Canden SER mention Ter Stegen for sale......another spanish journo debunks it :lol:

SPANISH MEDIA IS PLAYING PING PONG!!

Fridge chutney

@Fridge chutney has really upset me this summer with the negativity. I thought he was a true muppet. He can shove his lower league tweets.
I said yesterday that i think we will likely sign De Jong, and i still do, although i wonder if this will be similar to the Bruno/Sancho situations where we have to wait until January or next summer (hopefully not).

In this case though i think you're shooting the messenger.

Infra-red

BRUH...they doing Frenkie dirty :(

#FREEFRENKIE

They are clearly very, very keen to get De Jong out of the club (but not keen enough to pay him the €17m).

You'd think at some point they will realise that getting De Jong off their books (and getting £65m+ in the process) is better for them financially than keeping him for another year, even if that means paying him off for the €17m (presumably in instalments).

WPMUFC

They are clearly very, very keen to get De Jong out of the club (but not keen enough to pay him the €17m).

You'd think at some point they will realise that getting De Jong off their books (and getting £65m+ in the process) is better for them financially than keeping him for another year, even if that means paying him off for the €17m (presumably in instalments).
This is now so embarrassing for FDJ i feel third hand embarrassment for someone i never met. :lol: From one of the best midfielders in Europe to a bench CB in one off-season. If he takes a pay cut, that is just sad. At least stay there and just collect your money from the bench. Not that i think he will even contemplate a pay cut, just saying if that was even the slightest...remotest possibility, it would be so sad.

Rolaholic

Says the club are '100% convinced' that he'll be a United player by September 1st

Last edited:

Rolaholic

Also I know it's not much but the club are purposely leaving the no.21 available despite both of our new signings wearing that number over the last few years :lol: :nervous:

DickDastardly

Example 6997 of why we need to keep posting these messages : Canden SER mention Ter Stegen for sale......another spanish journo debunks it :lol:

SPANISH MEDIA IS PLAYING PING PONG!!

Shit, they were thinking of playing Frenkie as the new GK!?

WHO WILL PLAY CB THEN?!!!

WPMUFC

Says the club are '100% convinced' that he'll be a United player by Seotember 1st
tbh, i've thought this since Ducker's "club sources informed the telegraph that the club would not have continued the negotiation without his approval".

Since that update, i've been "100% convinced". We just aren't as stupid as under woodward. We may end up not getting him, but we've all been aware for weeks now that "FDJ or Bust" was an option.

Until our Tier 1-2 journo's update their stories, nothing has actually happened apart from Spanish Media exploiting this thread for clicks. :lol:

WPMUFC

De Jong is coming.
I genuinely cannot see any other options apart from 1. FDJ joins MUFC or 2. FDJ ruins his career on the bench, but gets paid his full wage.

Considering the history of transfers, Welcome to MUFC, Frenkie De Jong :drool:

romufc

I genuinely cannot see any other options apart from 1. FDJ joins MUFC or 2. FDJ ruins his career on the bench, but gets paid his full wage.
The other issue is WC this year. Does he need to be playing? Obviously, if he played for Manutd he would have to.

LVG is a maverik like that, he would pick a player that doesnt play at another club but not United.

Thepinhead

I am convinced we are getting him. We are saving the number 21 shirt for him. Eriksen or Martinez would definitely have taken it if they could.

VinchNow

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Liverpool
Does anyone know what are Barcelona's options to register their new signings if Frenkie refuses both to leave and to take a new contract with a reduced salary ?

The way I see it, he is simply putting more pressure on them leave (or sign a new contract) on his terms and not Barcelona's

I mean surely the Agents of Lewandowski, Raphina, Kounde, Kessie, ect must have gotten better guarantees from Barcelona that their player will be able to be registered and that it won't depend on wether Frenkie takes a pay cut or leaves.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I said yesterday that he has to move and I am confident he will. Barcelona have made it clear to him is career is in jeopardy if he stays.

Heardy

This has to be the most ridiculous saga? How long are we going to be led this merry dance?

Surely we must be getting some signs behind the scenes or we are utterly delusional.

sewey89

I wonder why Lisandro hasn't been the 'available' number 21 shirt that he wore at Ajax.

sewey89

etc etc
Because there is no new news to report. Thats what reputable journalists do. Say something when there is something to say. Not constantly talk for clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.