Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
:lol: That isn't what you said at all.

You said it serves us right for fecking around. And you've now accepted it wouldn't serve us right, and we didn't feck around. The meltdown in here this morning is incredible.
I’m not wasting my time having a discussion about semantics ffs. We fecked around here. Now we’re left looking stupid.

Siorac

It is absolutely ridiculous that people are blaming ETH. You would imagine, especially since he is jumping from Ajax to United, that he will get massive help or a handbrake regarding recruitment and be focused on coaching.

Nope, not at United. We will let you do everything. And then blame you for everything.
Yes. And it seems like it wasn't exclusively a Woodward thing, no matter how much we'd like to blame him alone. It's a club culture thing, and something we seem unable or unwilling to change.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Did you not actually read the original article? Or is everyone delirious in this thread because they are behind the paywall?
Just woke up so I've no idea what was wrote or what was tweeted, just saw the title and knew things are going to get interesting.

What's in the article?

mctrials23

So he wants to stay in Barcelona, and will probably take a pay cut to do so, but if Barca force him out and it’s a straight choice between London and Manchester we’ll lose that battle you would imagine.
United Pros:

Manager he knows and likes and knows how to utilise him in his favoured position
Would have the team built around him

Chelsea Pros:

London living
CL for this season but just as much chance of missing it next year as United so it would be a silly thing to base your decision on.

Personally I think we would still have the edge but it would depend how adamant his missus is about London over Manchester.

redshaw

Just have to wait and see. I do believe we're a viable backup option with ten Hag if he gets pushed out but we're obviously not ideal for him.

Chelsea have a more attractive recent past by winning the CL, winning the league and appearing in the top 4 more plus London. Tuchel has already done well appearing in finals. Still it's a gamble whether the new owner can keep them going, they look more vulnerable since the Russia thing.

cyberman

We've already agreed a fee with them ages ago. How would they sign him with the whole differed wages issue
They have Woodward version 2 negotiating for them. He might be stupid enough to pay it just to say they got him.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
We've already agreed a fee with them ages ago. How would they sign him with the whole differed wages issue
Get Chelsea to pay the extra wages that they owe him, then pay him using the extra money paid to them, and that means they don't pay him from their own pocket.

worldinmotion66

There's no one of de Jong's quality and profile that we can actually attract right now. Those saying we should've pulled out ages ago are the kind of idiots that are happy to sign mediocre players for inflated prices and then complain when they aren't good enough.

We have to have a long term vision and stop looking for quick fixes all of the time. Ten Hag seems to know what he wants, and if we trust his ability as a manager, we have to find the right players to fit his system and philosophy. That will take time.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He’s a journo regurgitating what has already been written. Yes his name is generally more reliable but he doesn’t get everything correct. Besides he’s only talking about club agreements
Hes validating the news, yes.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Long live McFred....!! :rolleyes:

MUFC OK

We wouldnt still be in the race if he hadnt given us his word, am I doing it right eh lads?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
we’ve spent the whole summer chasing a shadow - it’s going to be a total disaster when he signs if he signs for Chelsea and proof that feck all has changed at the club.

Dannn411

Good thing we had a whole list of alternatives and we appropriately sounded them out just in case eh? Same old Manchester United.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
we’ve spent the whole summer chasing a shadow - it’s going to be a total disaster when he signs if he signs for Chelsea and proof that feck all has changed at the club.
You've quickly changed your tune. The other day you were telling me to be patient about our window and that the club were doing the right thing holding out for him :lol:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Yes. And it seems like it wasn't exclusively a Woodward thing, no matter how much we'd like to blame him alone. It's a club culture thing, and something we seem unable or unwilling to change.
Yeah, the same pattern of behavior is what worries the most.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Might sound dramatic but this automatically makes anything higher than 6th very very unlikely.
There's nothing dramatic about that. It's a top 10 midfield at best. What's even worse is when you look at what we have available to replace them if one gets injured/needs a rest...

MUFC OK

We have to have a long term vision and stop looking for quick fixes all of the time. Ten Hag seems to know what he wants, and if we trust his ability as a manager, we have to find the right players to fit his system and philosophy. That will take time.
How exactly does that get us into top 4 with McFred playing every week though?

BaguetteBoy

United Pros:

Manager he knows and likes and knows how to utilise him in his favoured position
Would have the team built around him

Chelsea Pros:

London living
CL for this season but just as much chance of missing it next year as United so it would be a silly thing to base your decision on.

Personally I think we would still have the edge but it would depend how adamant his missus is about London over Manchester.
London living is so overrated. That’s why most Chelsea players lives in Surrey or outside the M25. They train in cobham anyways

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
There's no one of de Jong's quality and profile that we can actually attract right now. Those saying we should've pulled out ages ago are the kind of idiots that are happy to sign mediocre players for inflated prices and then complain when they aren't good enough.

All very well only going for the players ETH wants, but we've struggled to attract them. FDJ has offered no indications publicly he would be happy to come, Nunez was a non-starter and Timber thought a move to us would hinder his opportunity/progress. Martinez was keen, but was he a first choice option? Antony is keen, but we moved too late it seems. Eriksen is arguably the only out-and-out first-choice option we had we've got. Malacia I think was more opportunistic, although a very decent signing.

Right now we have seriously poor options in key areas of the pitch. We're going to need to compromise a bit, especially if FDJ doesn't come.

MUFC OK

There's nothing dramatic about that. It's a top 10 midfield at best. What's even worse is when you look at what we have available to replace them if one gets injured/needs a rest...
It's farcical to be honest. We've need a midfielder more than any other position for about 4 years now. That we are going into a season with those to starting is suicidal.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
To be fair, you wrote it. He responded asking why you wrote it. Semantics is all we got here.
I know what I meant. I’m so sorry to everyone for not using the correct terminology to adequately describe my thoughts. Please forgive me.

WTF is this place these days. You guys need to chill :lol:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
It is absolutely ridiculous that people are blaming ETH. You would imagine, especially since he is jumping from Ajax to United, that he will get massive help or a handbrake regarding recruitment and be focused on coaching.

Nope, not at United. We will let you do everything. And then blame you for everything.
He wasted the whole summer chasing FDJ. His only knowledge of players seems to be those he has coached or those who have played in the dutch league.

This season is now in disaster territory already due to his failure to improve the squad.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
So whats actually been said in the article? Are Cheslea negotiating a fee or are they just considering it at this moment in time?
I do wonder if it'll make a difference, or whether ten Hag actually had any idea this was going to happen. Still, it'll be interesting to see where United go from here. Will they pull out if a fee is agreed between Chelsea and Barca or do they still believe they're favourites

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I preferred Chelsea when they were on the brink of going out of business, cnuts.
Same with Barca. Shows how shite we are that it transitions take us forever whilst other clubs are seemingly able to turn things around in a window or two. It can't be stated enough just how bad at running a football club our owners are.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He wasted the whole summer chasing FDJ. His only knowledge of players seems to be those he has coached or those who have played in the dutch league.

This season is now in disaster territory already due to his failure to improve the squad.
That's not his job ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.