Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
The "Is he a Doctor or Not?" mystery is sure to get this thread up a few pages guys, keep it going! :lol:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It essentially measures ones problem solving skills and rationale. Being a doctor doesn’t make one qualified in that skill.

I’ve met some people who have very high IQ who drive taxis for a living.
Total agree. I come from a family of doctors -- dad, and his two brothers. They arent particularly the brightest sparks. Also did a healthcare startup a few years ago. The only thing was doctors were too insular or arrogant that they couldn't believe someone not medically trained could understand their healthcare issues. :rolleyes:

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Total agree. I come from a family of doctors -- dad, and his two brothers. They arent particularly the brightest sparks. Also so a healthcare startup a few years ago. The only thing was doctors were too insular or arrogant that they couldn't believe someone not medically trained could understand their healthcare issues. :rolleyes:
Doctors aren't real Dr. anyway :wenger:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Still feels as if most of the Chelsea coverage is at a club-to-club level. Little to suggest the wages issue is somehow alleviated.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Changed to embarrassing. Can’t fecking believe this. Worse than the Fabregas debacle.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
:lol:

I refuse to be believe any adult, especially an adult who’s been through medical school for 8-9 years, so is likely over 30, would type such a childish thing.
You can get a doctorate in anything these days. Marcus Rashford is a Dr ffs, not that I am implying he has a low I.q. But he certainly hasn’t trained for years to achieve his title!

sglowrider

How long will this take? Top 4 is a priority, and he's got potential but is a way off being ready.
Top 4 isn't the priority in his first season. The club is undergoing a major restructuring process. We need to chop the deadwood and then develop a style of play that can flourish beyond this manager.
That won't happen in 12 months.

btw I think it took ETH like 18months to pluck FdJ out of obscurity and made him into a superstar.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Top 4 isn't the priority in his first season. The club is undergoing a major restructuring process. We need to chop the deadwood and then develop a style of play that can flourish beyond this manager.
That won't happen in 12 months.
I get this and am feeling the same, has to be said other clubs manage their rebuild and reach the CL in 12 months just fine. It's just United that apparently needs several years for rebuilds

Jack-C20

I’m pretty comfortable with where we’re at I think. De Jong needs to take a pay cut to stay apparently. If that’s true then why hasn’t he already? He’s got to be holding on for the money. There’s nothing to say he might take reduced salary if he gets given his deferred wages, but I’m comfortable with us sticking to our guns and going to the end.

The risk is us being left short in midfield but the dream scenario in that situation is that a youth player steps up and shines. I’m trying to be an optimist.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
It essentially measures ones problem solving skills and rationale. Being a doctor doesn’t make one qualified in that skill.

I’ve met some people who have very high IQ who drive taxis for a living.
We also use our brains a lot while driving taxi ;)

AnotherLondonManc

Numerous reports from various sources: FdJ does not want to join Man Utd. His preference is Chelsea or staying with Barcelona

The caf: These reporters don't know anything, this is BS tier journalism

Alternative reports from the same sources: Barcelona cannot register new players even with their 4th lever. FdJ sale imminent

Also the caf: See? Now they have to sell and it will be to Utd! Choo Choo Frenkie Friday

The mental gymnastics on display in this thread are hilarious. Selective hearing at its finest.

sglowrider

Changed to embarrassing. Can’t fecking believe this. Worse than the Fabregas debacle.
Honestly, I don't think 99% of us here care whether you have changed your status.

Maybe you could come out of the closet and say that you love feckin or docking in cosplay bunny outfits -- that may get a raise.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Total agree. I come from a family of doctors -- dad, and his two brothers. They arent particularly the brightest sparks. Also did a healthcare startup a few years ago. The only thing was doctors were too insular or arrogant that they couldn't believe someone not medically trained could understand their healthcare issues. :rolleyes:
Same for me. Some are certified dumbasses.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Numerous reports from various sources: FdJ does not want to join Man Utd. His preference is Chelsea or staying with Barcelona

Alternative reports from the same sources: Barcelona cannot register new players even with their 4th lever. FdJ sale imminent

Also the caf: See? Now they have to sell and it will be to Utd! Choo Choo Frenkie Friday

The mental gymnastics on display in this thread are hilarious. Selective hearing at its finest.
All which seem to be eminating from Barca themselves it seems.

All the UK journos reporting on this don't seem to be paying much attention to it, just a couple of lines about it in unrelated articles. However Barca mouthpieces are going in hard. I wonder why

90 + 5min

I'm just happy that for every day it goes there are more and more people not wanting him. Or at least having second thought.

He is overvalued by miles and not what we need. The soon we stop looking that way the better. Just walk away.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I'm just happy that for every day it goes there is more and more people not wanting him. Or at least having second thought.

He is overvalued by miles and not what we need. The soon we stop looking that way the better. Just walk away.
I think I know who I trust on this one, and it's not you

Vapor trail

United should have offered Barcelona the money to pay his deferred wages. This transfer was only viable with United as the only option. As soon as other clubs became interested it was a non-starter. It's an appalling window thus far. The squad is shot of quality going into the new season. Murtough has also showed himself to not be shrewd negotiator.

MrSingh2002

How do you propose that? How much do you think United is worth for someone to come in and buy from the Glazers?
It's got to be 3/4 billion judging by previous news stories. You'd want someone rich enough to not just buy the club to make money, and ideally be a fan or have some link to the club that has the right intention for us on the field as a priority.

Chief123

I get this and am feeling the same, has to be said other clubs manage their rebuild and reach the CL in 12 months just fine. It's just United that apparently needs several years for rebuilds
Yeah I don’t buy this “it takes years for a rebuild nonsense”. Yes it can take a bit longer to create a title winning team, but not to create a team able to get in top 4.

Chelsea were a shit show under Lampards last season. Tuchel comes in and wins champions league and closest competitor to the top 2 who were miles away.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Source other than your own head?
Imagination is a crazy but dangerous thing haha.

Makes no sense to drag it out over the weekend in all fairness. If we knew days ago that he wanted to go to Chelsea, why exactly would we still be in for him now, briefing the media that we're still confident that he wants to join us??

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Yeah I don’t buy this “it takes years for a rebuild nonsense”. Yes it can take a bit longer to create a title winning team, but not to create a team able to get in top 4.

Chelsea were a shit show under Lampards last season. Tuchel comes in and wins champions league and closest competitor to the top 2 who were miles away.
Same again for the Mourinho/Conte switch. No struggling giant club needs as long as United. And before someone mentions Arsenal, well, they're just shit

Swedish_Plumber

Let’s be honest: the journalists don’t know what is going on past the wage issue. The story has gone on for so long now that all bases have been covered. They need something new and interesting for all the clicks voila Chelsea.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yeah, this makes no sense.

If he was set on joining Chelsea this season, we would have moved on already.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Imagination is a crazy but dangerous thing haha.

Makes no sense to drag it out over the weekend in all fairness. If we knew days ago that he wanted to go to Chelsea, why exactly would we still be in for him now, briefing the media that we're still confident that he wants to join us??
Oh look I’m still all in, I just wondered where this stuff about briefing journos in private after the match came from?

Fanta Stick

Excuse me, there are no mental gymnastics going on in here. Now as to confirmation bias...guilty!

sglowrider

Same for me. Some are certified dumbasses.
I always believe in the theory of 7 types of intelligence anyway. And the amount of intelligence wasted because secondary schools/educators couldn't be fecked or the flexibility to develop students in a more bespoke fashion -- rather than trying to meet their own matrices -- should be ashamed of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.