Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodsInRed

Worth saying that this isn't a competitive market and would be swayed heavily by bets in any direction, so I wouldn't deduce bookmakers odds as the actual chance it is going to happen.

If you put a £500 bet on "move to United", we'd probably be close to evens.
They probably wouldn't even take it. Very small limits on these markets usually.

NoLogo

I’m a simple man who has never been involved in multi million pound transfers but surely it isn’t more complicated than this.

united. Is FDJ for sale?
Barcelona: at the right price.
United. Ok, that makes sense

negotiate. Price agreed.

barcelona: talk to the player/agent

united. Does FDJ want to play for United.
Agent: with the right conditions,
United: no, wait a second, the right conditions goes without saying that we will need to agree on those. My first question is does he actually want to play for Manchester United right now.
Agent. I don’t think so
United. Okay thanks.
I think actually the reverse way around is how most big clubs do the deals these days. Send a third person not directly linked to your club to talk to the agent of the player. If there is interest from the player you start knocking on the door of the club who he is currently playing for and start negotiating the price. Once this is done the deal can be done fairly fast because in principal the player already wants to join. At least that is how Bayern operates, every player they negotiate over has in principal already agreed to the transfer, before official negotiations even start, if the selling club has demands that Bayern officials don't like they let the players agents talk a bit to the press, make noise about the player wanting to leave and only wants to join Bayern. Et voilà, deal done.

MF1138

People all said La Liga would change the ffp rules to keep Messi in La Liga but they didn't. They're not gonna change them so Barca can register this year's new players either.

And saying that the new contracts are illegal either means they are totally void and the players are free agents or they revert to the previous contracts and the players are owed money from last year (as it's no longer concidered deferred) and Barcelona broke La Liga's ffp rules last year... That'll end well :lol:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
ffpolo haven't called us cnuts today, as far as I know, so thats a positive.

sewey89

He was at Twente with Erik and Schteve. Maybe they think they can handle him, or know how to get the best from him. Bloody underwhelming just to be linked to be honest.
I'm worried that we'll get him too.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
The sad thing is... Even after all this FDJ still prefers to stay there

We're currently a very very unattractive destination for players
Sadly spot on.
Why do you refuse to see that FDJ is just playing his hand as it was dealt. He is maintaining he wants to stay to get his money. There should be no doubt he will leave Barca before September.

WPMUFC

Why do you refuse to see that FDJ is just playing his hand as it was dealt. He is maintaining he wants to stay to get his money. There should be no doubt he will leave Barca before September.
i'd be shocked if this one went further than today/tomorrow. Surely Xavi needs to know which players can be or are available for selection on the weekend?

stoinz

Why not? :). There is another thread on whether if we still can have an excellent transfer window. The best transfer window now would be for FDJ to stay with Barca, we take Lewandoski and Raphina on loan. Promote Iqbal and Garner and make a bid on Bernando Silva just to raise the price.

Chief123

This shit show is slowly coming to an end. Rabiot is not additional to FDJ. He is the alternative. How many summers are we going to have of “Smoke screens”. The summer we were going do Sancho in 2019, we signed pellestri and Amad and were told it wasn’t alternatives to Sancho.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Hahaha i love it.

"Frenkie you're a criminal, you stole money from us because your contract is invalid, you owe US the money. We'll take you to court and get our money back and you WILL take a pay cut because your on an illegal contract! Oh... but, please stay. We love you, just not enough to pay you what we're paying you now... but we DO love you"
“Oh btw, you won’t play either cos we love biscuits and pedri more! “

sewey89

This shit show is slowly coming to an end. Rabiot is not additional to FDJ. He is the alternative. How many summers are we going to have of “Smoke screens”. The summer we were going do Sancho in 2019, we signed pellestri and Amad and were told it wasn’t alternatives to Sancho.

All 3 are now at the club...

RoyH1

People all said La Liga would change the ffp rules to keep Messi in La Liga but they didn't. They're not gonna change them so Barca can register this year's new players either.

And saying that the new contracts are illegal either means they are totally void and the players are free agents or they revert to the previous contracts and the players are owed money from last year (as it's no longer concidered deferred) and Barcelona broke La Liga's ffp rules last year... That'll end well :lol:
Barsa's first Liga is this weekend. The news from Spain is going to make for hilarious reading the next couple of days.

I really hope we can get Frenkie before that. I choose to still believe.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage

How is a different style of player an alternative? Why don't we bring back Sergio Romero as an alternative to FDJ?

stoinz

This is partly what irks me. So many briefings on considering this preparing for that only for everything to drop into a black hole then rinse and repeat. Just shut up and get to work.

DoctorPepper

It's just that at no other club would FDJ's alternative be Rabiot, and Sancho's Pellistri and Amad. The dip in quality is so severe that you can't help but think they are unrelated signings.

sewey89

This is partly what irks me. So many briefings on considering this preparing for that only for everything to drop into a black hole then rinse and repeat. Just shut up and get to work.
This isn't a briefing though. It's just Luckhurst writing some words down without knowing whats going on

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Just to get another perspective.
Werner joint RB Leipzig and will make 10m Euro a year. That's 6m Euro less than he got at Chelsea. He still had 3 years of contract, so he waived 18m Euro to join Leipzig.

If FdJ was really serious, the 17m Euro shouldn't hold up the deal that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.