Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
My mental health has definitely been impacted by united but not due to this pursuit of FDJ. It's the rest of the transfer business that's so damn depressing.
At least you admit it, most of our fans are somehow in both angry & in denial. :lol:

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Chelsea haven’t offered yet. So technically at this point we are ;)
Come on pal. They are there...too many good journalist report their intention when his wage is sorted

House Mkhitaryan

I doubt this is actually the case, but United lining up alternatives could be being used to pressure Barcelona to get this deal done. Based on everything United have done recently, it's doubtful they even have this minimal level of smarts in negotiation. But, as it appears United may be the only club willing to pay for FDJ (with Chelsea's true interest still unknown).

Dobba

I doubt this is actually the case, but United lining up alternatives could be being used to pressure Barcelona to get this deal done. Based on everything United have done recently, it's doubtful they even have this minimal level of smarts in negotiation. But, as it appears United may be the only club willing to pay for FDJ (with Chelsea's true interest still unknown).
It absolutely could be used to pressure Barcelona to get this deal done.

The downside is, the deal would be getting done with Chelsea.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Wrong choice of word on her part in the tweet.
I don't know if it's his exact words because he clearly said yesterday in a podcast that Rabiot wasn't supposed to be addition of De Jong.

OrcaFat

United are now apparently moving onto alternative targets. Surely that tells us something? Savic, Rabiot and that bloke from Betis. We wouldn’t be bothered if the club is still confident on the manager’s top target
True. But it wouldn’t be done by now regardless.

Loony BoB

If you guys want something to dream off, just imagine we're doing all this panic buying because Frenkie told ETH that he'd join us but he wants to see us sign a few more players first. ;)

House Mkhitaryan

It absolutely could be used to pressure Barcelona to get this deal done.

The downside is, the deal would be getting done with Chelsea.
Honestly, if that is the eventual endgame, the sooner we know, the better.

I am hoping that these links are being used as leverage against Barca but also as legitimate alternatives if we can't get the Frenkie deal done.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
It would be naive to think the numbers have not been discussed on Chelsea’s side, or that Barcelona do t know their level of interest.

Oir stance on the firbal bid is a smart one in my opinion: we aren’t going to make one until the player tells us he has agreed to leave Barcelona

That is different from them not showing interest. And at this point, with all the shenanigans, I would be pretty surprised if they didn’t find a way to keep him.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It would be naive to think the numbers have not been discussed on Chelsea’s side, or that Barcelona do t know their level of interest.

Oir stance on the firbal bid is a smart one in my opinion: we aren’t going to make one until the player tells us he has agreed to leave Barcelona

That is different from them not showing interest. And at this point, with all the shenanigans, I would be pretty surprised if they didn’t find a way to keep him.
What makes you think they want him? They have plenty in midfield and would clearly prefer the money.

Member 101269

Is it Barc briefing the departure of FDJ is imminent to Chelsea to push united to make up FDJ wages Barca, allegedly, owes
Is it United briefing the imminent bid for Sergej Milinković-Savić to push Barc into settling the FDJ wages, allegedly, owes

Infra-red

Is it Barc briefing the departure of FDJ is imminent to Chelsea to push united to make up FDJ wages Barca, allegedly, owes
Is it United briefing the imminent bid for Sergej Milinković-Savić to push Barc into settling the FDJ wages, allegedly, owes

Neither. FdJ is being pushed out by Barca and, if Barca are successful, he will probably now end up at Chelsea. We're pursuing Milinkovic-Savic as an alternative for when we get confirmation that the De Jong deal is finally dead.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I still don't understand why people think Chelsea aren't involved.
Mainly because it will take their spending (including Fofana) to a ridiculous sum.

Personally I think they're in for Frenkie and will probably get him.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
That's how I read the Athletic tweet. Will sign Rabiot, now ETH has sanctioned the FDJ alternative (ie SMS or Ruiz)
I see the club as putting the wheels in motion for another player now, Barca can either force him out or get lost.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I see the club as putting the wheels in motion for another player now, Barca can either force him out or get lost.
They've been trying for 3 months. What's going to change now? They clearly don't want to pay him. Their only leverage is 'look Frenkie, United are signing other players. Agree to leave with no money or you'll miss out', except he would rather stay or join Chelsea. So it doesn't matter.

Besides, it is emergency stages for us now. We can't afford to wait any longer in the minute hope we do get our hands on him.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
We all know whats going to happen.

RA and JM will go back to Barca and say £70m up front cash for De Jong, Barca say fine you go back to Manchester transfer over the fees a s we send De Jong over.

Next day in preparation for his announcement United get the Worlds media assembled and as the player gets announced he walks out from behind the curtains

“Ladies and gentlemen we are pleased to announce we have finally secured the services of a player our manager has been chasing all summer…please stand up and show some appreciation to our newest signing….Luke De Jong”

At which point ETH phones KLM and asks when the next available flight to Amsterdam is.

Chief123

Because they are using baseline figures of what a summer transfer window spend should be capped at. They believe anything over 200m makes FDJ to chelsea impossible.

But this new owner is clearly here to make a statement. I won’t be surprised at a 300m+ summer spend.

Lynty

It would likely mean them smashing the net transfer spend record for a club in a single window.

Currently held by 2019 Madrid (Hazard, Jovic, Mendy, Militao, Rodrygo) or even thier own highest window in 2019 where they purchased 6 starters for a combined £220m.

Fofana alone would take them over £220m. They still need a striker, De Jong would be an expensive luxury.

I'm not saying it's impossible, I just think it would be suprising - especially how Barca want the deal structured (up front)

Rolaholic

Would be the ideal scenario for us (him staying and not joining Chelsea whole City lose Silva) at this stage of this shitshow.

By all accounts he won't accept reduced wages though so it would feck them financially

Suv666

Would be the ideal scenario for us (him staying and not joining Chelsea whole City lose Silva) at this stage of this shitshow.

By all accounts he won't accept reduced wages though so it would feck them financially
I would prefer FDJ and her fiance going to jail compared to Chelsea

Member 101269

Neither. FdJ is being pushed out by Barca and, if Barca are successful, he will probably now end up at Chelsea. We're pursuing Milinkovic-Savic as an alternative for when we get confirmation that the De Jong deal is finally dead.
Not convinced. Haven't they already said it's not what they're looking at? The spending some mention above suggests it would be too much in one season

Status
Not open for further replies.