Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandalf

the chelsea rumors are that they would pay his deferred wages, so why would barcelona pay them.
That is actually one of the major reasons I think the Chelsea rumors are all smoke and no fire. We are supposed to believe they will meet the price and pay him his deferred wages and they also can offer CL football, there is literally nothing stopping this from happening and yet despite several days of briefs to this effect they have not made a bid. Boehly has been splashing the cash like a maniac this summer but I very much doubt they will pick up the tab for Frenkie unless the Fofana deal doesn't happen because the two of them on top of what they have already spent would push their budget past 350M and they still need a striker. For a club with their current revenues that would be irresponsible spending on a level to dwarf what Barca are doing.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

thedvil

Assuming the money on offer is the same, it would be a sign of how far this club has fallen that a player would choose a club like Chelsea over signing for Manchester United. Christ. Sad times.
Hazzard was 2012
Pedro 2015

What sane player would sign for Manchester United over Chelsea in these times, unfortunately we are way down the pecking order if a player wants a decent career in the the PL and have been for many years.

TsuWave

Barcelona has to be a cult surely. Guys just accepting pay cuts, club trying to get rid of players but the players are fighting for their lives to stay there, nobody getting paid until 2039 and still everyone wants to join not leave.

fecking hell

city-puma

I edited my post. I can't find any article supporting that now. In addition more recent reports indicate we are willing to pay.

I have no idea anymore!!
You are spreading unfounded rumors I think. This is the first time I hear we are willing to pay the deferred payment.
If we breach this bottom line, I would say the new football structure is a joke.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Man... Smiler is just something else. Awesome right. Galactica too, they're just insane loved every minute. Though I hadn't thought of them named like that haha

Have we really???
:lol: Oblivion and Nemesis have always been my favourites, just for the nostalgia from being a kid I think.

Yes, we really did pull out of Arnautovic

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
:lol: Oblivion and Nemesis have always been my favourites, just for the nostalgia from being a kid I think.

Yes, we really did pull out of Arnautovic
Went on them two twice each today haha. Nemesis will always be my favourite, was my first ever real coaster. Went on Oblivion twice with my cousin, she loved it but had an existential crisis the second time round and was shitting it big time for some reason haha

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hard to check your phone whilst being flung side to side on a coaster haha

I'm back for all the goodness now
Just super glue some velcro to your hand and to the back of your phone.

Amateur.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Who has looked worse this transfer window?

Barcelona

Or

United?
Barca.

They might have made better transfers, but I can't remember a club making themselves look so bad with how they've treated players.

Gandalf

If Carlsberg did disappointment.

Catching up on this thread and seeing a bunch of "we have only gone and done it" comments followed by "confirmed with T1 sources like the BBC" and then realizing muppets are talking about us pulling out of Arnautovic and we haven't signed Frenkie after all.

Rolaholic

Who has looked worse this transfer window?

Barcelona

Or

United?
Barca have been farcical off the pitch and are basically gambling their long term financial future away but for their trouble, they'll be fielding one of the best squads on paper in all of Europe this season.

We've looked farcical off the pitch in a window where we absolutely needed massive investment and urgency under new management to try to bridge the gap all while our rivals have all strengthened themselves.

We still look well thin on quality in our areas of need after everything so I'd say us quite easily...

Status
Not open for further replies.