g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Completely agree and all the noise just shows that the moment that Chelsea came in, his preference would be Chelsea and London.

Saying that, this once again highlights the inexperience of the recruitment team. We should never have gone three months putting aside other business to focus on this. FDJ and his agent should have been set a deadline and we should have moved on to other targets. Instead, we are sat here scrambling around for the leftovers having seen so many midfielders sign for other clubs. Everytime you think that things cannot get worse, this club surprises you by taking it to another level.
The issue is we have nothing from the player himself. When a player is discussing preferences you usually get a bit of info from the player saying they love a certain area or what not. This time it's all hearsay, speculation, opinions.

It's always "the general feeling is" or "talk within the team" or "he's told teammates". It's always reports that can't be verified for could easily be put out by anyone. Doesn't matter who's reporting it, most of the crap is coming from Barca it seems and I can't take anything from them seriously.

Again that's just my opinion on stuff, but until something something comes from the player it's all speculation and anything could happen

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I think Barca are confident they'll have their way with him, and I feel he thinks the best thing he can do is to be quiet and show loyalty. Odd in this day and age were player power is really big.
I think you’re right and that’s why this feels so weird and why so many take his stance at face value. It will all come out eventually.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Still shocked that changing the title to reflect his name correctly didn't have an immediate impact.

DickDastardly

Seriously don't get the "hope he stays and fecks them" posts.

What, do we compete in LaLiga or am I missing something?!
Who gives a feck about Barcelona?!

Couldn't care less about what they do, how they do it, and what they win or don't win.

What i do want is for our club to prosper and play better football.
And the way to do that is - buying or making better players.
One of who is fecking Frenkie De Jong.

Now, get that fecking thumb out of your ass Arnold, and sign that miserable son of a bitch stuck in Barcelona!

Fecking sake. It's not that hard. Splash the cash. Tighter than a duck's butt you are.

Sign the dutch cnut. He's fecking tight like a tiger.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

Couldn't care less about what they do, how they do it, and what they win or don't win.

Now, get that fecking thumb out of your ass Arnold, and sign that miserable son of a bitch stuck in Barcelona!

Fecking sake. It's not that hard. Splash the cash. Tighter than a duck's butt you are.

Personally, if we're not getting him I hope he stays at Barca and fecks them. That would mean that they may then HAVE to sell or cancel his contract and it'd mean that there is still a chance of us getting him next year.

If he leaves for another club this summer, I don't think we'll ever get him

Chief123

FDJ making his debut for Chelsea.

Sources at Utd are quietly confident they can do a deal for FDJ. They have had assurances.

romufc

I think Barca are confident they'll have their way with him, and I feel he thinks the best thing he can do is to be quiet and show loyalty. Odd in this day and age were player power is really big.
Everything Barca are doing is odd. Clubs prefer to sell to Barca whilst not knowing how they will pay (watch Leeds owner video), players are going to Barca over other clubs.

Players like Bernado want Barca when he is competing for CL and PL. Nothing makes sense to me.

roonaldo78

The issue is we have nothing from the player himself. When a player is discussing preferences you usually get a bit of info from the player saying they love a certain area or what not. This time it's all hearsay, speculation, opinions.

It's always "the general feeling is" or "talk within the team" or "he's told teammates". It's always reports that can't be verified for could easily be put out by anyone. Doesn't matter who's reporting it, most of the crap is coming from Barca it seems and I can't take anything from them seriously.

Again that's just my opinion on stuff, but until something something comes from the player it's all speculation and anything could happen
I get where you are coming from but players very seldomly come out in public until after the transfer is completed.

However, there is no smoke without fire and all reports from the very beginning was that he needs CL football. I also refuse to believe that it is only coming from Barca, pretty much most journalists from Chelsea and Utd have also mentioned his preference is Chelsea over us if he decides to leave.

Jacob

Sources at Utd are quietly confident they can do a deal for FDJ. They have had assurances.
Frenkie testimonial with Chelsea

"We wouldn't keep insisting if we didn't have assurances from the player"

redIndianDevil

I'm assuming you are one of those guys who can't take a clue.

He doesn't want to sign for us. If he is stuck because he cares about those unpaid wages, he'd have negotiated with us for that money. It's obvious he is hoping to get the money and stay in Barcelona or waiting for better options.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I get where you are coming from but players very seldomly come out in public until after the transfer is completed.

However, there is no smoke without fire and all reports from the very beginning was that he needs CL football. I also refuse to believe that it is only coming from Barca, pretty much most journalists from Chelsea and Utd have also mentioned his preference is Chelsea over us if he decides to leave.
Well no, the CL requirement for someone like de Jong, with no confirmation from himself, would be a given for a high class player going from Barca to another team. The thing is, we don't know what he's told ten Hag. If CL requirement was an absolute must, it makes no sense for us to be in for him for this long as it would have been an instant rejection when we enquired.

Again, most journos are just using the fact that Chelsea have CL football and are based in London as the reason why that would be his preference. Some also adding that they think the fact Chelsea have been more successful lately as another factor, but the fact remains it's still just speculation. It might be true, i can't say for sure it's not and neither can anyone else. We just have to wait and see

Chief123

I know it’s been an epic thread and personally I’ve just tried to have fun as a muppet. But it’s becoming painfully evident this deal is very unlikely to happen. 17m owed is simply not the only thing stopping this deal. It may have appeared so a few weeks ago, but not now.

I personally think we won’t hear anything further from Utd until they have got a couple more signings in at least to soften the blow. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they just didn’t comment and let the deadline pass and hope it just passes over.

DickDastardly

I'm assuming you are one of those guys who can't take a clue.

He doesn't want to sign for us.
If he is stuck because he cares about those unpaid wages, he'd have negotiated with us for that money. It's obvious he is hoping to get the money and stay in Barcelona or waiting for better options.
Yeah, i'm the one that rapes and pillages. What a dumb thing to say.

The man hasn't said a word about us, or Barcelona, or Chelsea....he's keeping quiet.
If you go by latin - qui tacet consentire videtur.

Where on earth did you see read that he doesn't want to sign for us?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
There should be a riot at the stadium if he signs for Chelsea. We cannot allow that to stand as fans. The whole thing is such a joke. Huge black mark against the manager as well. Again, IF he signs for them.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

He's literally the only guy pushing this hard. I know people are going to say he's reliable, but i've heard others say he's not amazingly so recently.

I think he's just keeping interest going because theres absolutely bugger all happening lately and his 48 hour thing is only because of the registration. He has absolutely no idea, as do we.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
He's literally the only guy pushing this hard. I know people are going to say he's reliable, but i've heard others say he's not amazingly so recently.

I think he's just keeping interest going because theres absolutely bugger all happening lately and his 48 hour thing is only because of the registration. He has absolutely no idea, as do we.
He’s also just quoting Burt on United too. He knows nothing on the United side. I imagine United now are keeping their cards pretty close to their chest.

Cloud7

His relationship with ETH! He wouldn’t string him along like this! They are in constant communication with each other!

Chief123

Love your optimism but I’m looking at it from the point of view, virtually every report we hear is that he favours chelsea if a Barca stay isn’t possible. Whether most of them are BS or not, it’s still every report. Not a single one is showing confidence or belief he will go to Utd.

We are all just trying to get a sugar rush off one line from Andy Mitten at the moment saying he’s a bit more confident than last week. Well his confidence last week was zero. He’s probably on 1% now.

As time passes it just feels like Barca or Chelsea now.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea

Feel like he’s decently reliable but not Ornstein/Law/Romano level. He seems to have pretty solid sources from within English clubs but I’m not so sure I believe the stuff he says about Barca.

Chief123

He’s also just quoting Burt on United too. He knows nothing on the United side. I imagine United now are keeping their cards pretty close to their chest.
If that is truly the case, then it’s probably the greatest achievement we’ve had in a transfer saga under the Glazers. I actually can’t remember anymore when we last kept our cards close to our chest in such a high profile transfer.

theklr

Not sure about that. Even if they manage to void his new contract for legality reasons, I'm not convinced they can force his old contract back on him. Not an expert on these things, of course
Think some sports lawyer said he essentially will be a free agent then , because the old contract effectivly gets voided when the new one gets signed.

Chief123

Feel like he’s decently reliable but not Ornstein/Law/Romano level. He seems to have pretty solid sources from within English clubs but I’m not so sure I believe the stuff he says about Barca.
What’s the current feeling amongst Chelsea fans about the likelihood of signing FDJ? I know last week most chelsea fans thought it was absurd and pretty much no chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.