Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The new news of us actually having everything agreed with the lad is a bit surprising. Choo choooooo I suppose.
It's not really surprising, what is surprising is for Chelsea's sources to claim that they don't have the approval of the player. Whatever happens in all of it, United is the only club that made sense, we were told that De Jong talked to ETH, we actually had his agent inside one of our buildings(surely people don't think that he only talked about Malacia?) and we allegedly agreed on a fee with Barcelona. The main issue here is people choosing to be hysterical and senseless because the only thing they are able to see is the potential outcome instead of looking at the process.

De Jong may not join United, he could even join Chelsea but everything suggest that we did things properly.

Chief123

Did I once claim to be an ITK? You've clearly got your knickers in a twist over this, I've formed my opinion based on what has been reported.

The Spanish press has almost exclusively stated that he will not join us (Sport, mundo deportivo etc). British press has been slightly more optimistic. If you choose to believe that the British press reports are more reliable that's up to you. Like you said it's just football so calm it down.
Exactly, you formed an opinion like everyone else. We got there in the end.

So going back to the original point of you coming here to “tell you so” because you predicted this would happen long ago was based on nothing other than your opinion. Like I said not a single person here can pretend to know what has been happening and what would happen with this transfer.

Infra-red

It would be interesting to know WHEN this was agreed. If it was a month or so ago (around the time we agreed the fee with Barca), then this isn't particularly interesting/significant news. If it is a recent development (last few days), it would be encouraging.

Zoo

Wow. Deal is agreed with agent. Totally opposite of what we have heard so far. Hope it is not slip of tongue.

Believe.

And feck you Barca.
Let’s remember this too…

DickDastardly

That's what I mentioned in the first post. If he is after his money, he could have negotiated with us for that money like a signing on bonus or something. But we saw no such reports.
What on earth are you talking about?

Why would we be negotiating with him about that when it's Barcelona that owe him the money?

This deal is so plain and simple yet people still seem really confused by all of this.

1. Barcelona want him to reduce the salary.
2. Frenkie doesn't want to do that.
3. We want him, and are willing to pay Barcelona the agreed 85 million Euros
4. We could pay Frenkie the desired wages he had at Barcelona.

That's the first part.
Now here comes the tricky part and the part that's holding this deal down at the moment.

5. If Frenkie leaves, Barcelona still owe him the money because of covid and reduced wages.
6. We can't (and no sane club would), pay that money because IT'S BARCELONA THAT OWE HIM THE MONEY!

Other parts

7. Chelsea want him as well apparently (could easily be a decoy by Barcelona, Chavs have enough of midfielders and are looking for other positions to strenghten)
8. City and the deal with Bernardo Silva (i don't know....they could easily pay the same money we could, and Frenkie could be a good match for them)

And that's it.
Easy peasy lemon squezzey.

Waiting for Barca and Frenkie to struck a deal about those 17 million owed and everything after that is straight roads....

*bonus points
His agent also represents 2 other footballers from Manchester United.
Our new manager is his former manager and they have a good relationship.

All that remains to be seen is whether they manage to agree the deffered wages or he stays and demands his money, probably sueing Barcelona in the meantime.
How does that work, playing for a club that you're sueing remains to be seen.
Hopefully not.

Chief123

The new news of us actually having everything agreed with the lad is a bit surprising. Choo choooooo I suppose.
Tbh today is the first time I’ve heard anyone say we have actually got agreed terms with the agent/player.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Sometimes you just can't see a transfer happening. Like you can't imagine the player playing in the kit of the club he's supposedly going to.

De Jong to Chelsea. I just can't envisage it. Logically it's almost definitely happening but I just can't see it.

Bob Rivers

Supports
Chelsea
My sources are telling me the falling out between FDJ and Barca hierarchy started over dinner in a restaurant where the Barca honchos were trying to convince the player to renegotiate his contract. Once Laporta finished stuffng his face with paella they brought the bill. Laporta supposedly said " I'm skint. I'll owe you." FDJ refused to foot the bill and insisted since he was invited he shouldn't pay at all. Laporta then offered "Let's go Dutch, huh, Frenkie?" FDJ took it as an ethnic slur and stormed out of the restaurant. True story.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What did it say?
Frenkie invited Xavi and Laporta for a discussion over a salary reduction. During the meeting, he pulled his trousers down, windmilled his todger, and sang Martial’s chant before leaving the room

Was an unreliable source so I’m not 100% on the veracity

dove

What did it say?
Some random twitter account posted that we agreed terms with FdJ over a 5 year contract or whatever. Not sure why crap like that gets posted here but I guess we are desperate for any positive news.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Frenkie invited Xavi and Laporta for a discussion over a salary reduction. During the meeting, he pulled his trousers down, windmilled his todger, and sang Martial’s chant before leaving the room

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chief123

I’m sorry that’s a load of bollocks. Why would you make up such an absurd story? There’s absolutely no chance Laporta would attend a meeting that is anywhere but a restaurant.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I’m sorry that’s a load of bollocks. Why would you make up such an absurd story? There’s absolutely no chance Laporta would attend a meeting that is anywhere but a restaurant.
Frenkie probably told him he'd put on a lavish banquet for him... all you can eat

giggs-beckham

Clueless
You probably should still give it a rest because it’s tiresome nonsense listening to it. Not because it may be true, but because you are just as clueless as anyone in this saga. So to pretend you have predicted anything right is like me guessing it’s going to rain next week and then laughing at people who didn’t believe me. Geez.
I wouldn't call predicting were run by fools a wild stab in the dark either.

DickDastardly

I heard differently....

There wasn't any widmilling, it was tea bagging.

While shouting "England here i come!!" (just hope it's not london he's coming to)

SteveCoppellFan

Surely you would need a decent size todger to be able to windmill effectively ?

Im out of the running on this one.

Cypriot

That's absolutely ludicrous, why spread such lies?

Frenkie, Xavi & Laporta went for a pleasant meal, and discussions went well. However, as the evening came to a close, the entire waiting staff came to the table singing and dancing and presented Frenkie with a piece of cake, accompanied by sparklers and a message which read "Salir, Frenkie!".

RedMilo

I heard differently....

There wasn't any widmilling, it was tea bagging.

While shouting "England here i come!!" (just hope it's not london he's coming to)
I heard it was a combination of both windmilling and teabagging, one in homage to his native homeland and one in tribute to his next destination. Unfortunately for us he was also dressed as a Chelsea pensioner, if that's anymore of a clue...

CarbonStoolBites

1454 pages, this thing is still going ?!:lol:
That’s pretty sad guys.
There are 3 parties here, Manchester United, Barcelona and Frankie.
For 2 out of 3 of these parties, its better if the transfer didn’t happen, Barcelona will be the only party who will profit from this potential transfer.

This would be the most anti climatic signing in the club’s history, not sure what kind of a player people think he is but Manchester City have 5 midfielders that are better than him.

How much is he on, 350k pw? How much would he want to join Man United? We should fix our broken and antiquated wage structure, not make it worse.

What a complete waste of time, someone with some sense (wtf is Darren Flatcher getting paid for again?) should step in and put an end to this fecking nonsense.

Back the manager but not at any cost.
Be smart.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Memphis patting him on the shoulder: “Don’t worry mate, we’re in the same shit as each other. This time next year, we’ll be millionaires Rodney!”
They really are a scummy club.

But thats what they do i suppose. Pin the blame on the players, not the directors or the president. Can never be their fault

Chief123

They really are a scummy club.

But thats what they do i suppose. Pin the blame on the players, not the directors or the president. Can never be their fault
It’s even more bizarre the Barcelona fans buy into Barca’s BS. They are booing Braithwaite because he wants to be paid what his contract says.

Status
Not open for further replies.