Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Didn’t he come out about a week back saying how much he wants to retire at Barca?

Kaos

He’s on silly money isn’t he? Personally i hope we don’t go for anyone earning that sort of money, strip back to basics for me.
As long as he'd be earning less than Pogba it would be a net improvement. At 24 he'd be a mainstay in our midfield for years too.

wr8_utd

:'(
He's not going to go anywhere. He's picked up his form again under Xavi and is clearly valued.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Will never happen, but he and Rice would be an absolute dream and I’d gladly spend the £200m it would take.

Bwuk

Gavi and Pedri will push him out. He’s the most sellable asset they have.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Quick Google Search and he seems to be on 10 million euro's base (gross), rising to 16 million. That fits with our wage structure.
Thought he was on more than that. Will check it out tomorrow but i recall him being on close to or circa €400k per week (gross) which translates closer to at least €18m gross pa. But yeah, not really sure where I read that or which reports are reliable. Was always under the assumption that Barca offered him an eye watering salary when he joined.

jesperjaap

People raved so much about many of the Ajax side that did so well a few years back. We have seen a fair few lookign average at other clubs like ZIyech amd VDB for example.

For me DeLigt and DejOng stood out way aboved the rest. I think DeJOng is quality, think he fits Barcelona perfectly too and unless he gets pushed out by some of the youngsters, I think he would be mad to move personally.

Dont see it happening at all, but wouldbe all over him if truth, as someone else mentioned, him and Rice would be a grat midfield partnership potentially....but again...potential prices, sadly rules out moves for either or Bellingham being prudent this summer when we realistically need up to 7 signings, even though that is unlikely ot happend either, we really NEED to make a bare minimum of 4

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Thought he was on more than that. Will check it out tomorrow but i recall him being on close to or circa €400k per week (gross) which translates closer to at least €18m gross pa. But yeah, not really sure where I read that or which reports are reliable. Was always under the assumption that Barca offered him an eye watering salary when he joined.
Not crazy different from what the likes of Varane, Sancho, de Gea are reported to be on then.

But it seems that it is including bonuses.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Not crazy different from what the likes of Varane, Sancho, de Gea are reported to be on then.

But it seems that it is including bonuses.
Indeed, we’re known to hand out silly contracts too soon but agreed, we could generally “afford” him and I wouldn’t mind him but we’d need to blow a large portion of our transfer budget in that case. He’s quality though.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
People raved so much about many of the Ajax side that did so well a few years back. We have seen a fair few lookign average at other clubs like ZIyech amd VDB for example.
Lumping Ziyech in with VDB and saying he looks average. My lord :lol: Really!?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Lumping Ziyech in with VDB and saying he looks average. My lord :lol: Really!?
Been disappointing for Chelsea. I think that is his point. Been struggeling for playing time for a Chelsea side where they really lack a really good RW.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Been disappointing for Chelsea. I think that is his point. Been struggeling for playing time for a Chelsea side where they really lack a really good RW.
Been brilliant every time I tuned into Chelsea last 3 months (which isn't that often). Must be pure coincidence then.

Isn't he starting more often than not right now?

I've seen this line about the old Ajax players trotted around often, but De Ligt, Ziyech, De Jong are starters for their respective teams. I don't know why people expect standout Ajax players to also be standout at top clubs rather than just good. The only real flop is VDB who is way closer to Dest in ability than the aforementioned players.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Been brilliant every time I tuned into Chelsea last 3 months (which isn't that often). Must be pure coincidence then.

I've seen this line about the old Ajax players trotted around often, but De Ligt, Ziyech, De Jong are starters for their respective teams. I don't know why people expect standout Ajax players to also be standout at top clubs rather than just good. The only real flop is VDB who is way closer to Dest in ability than the aforementioned players.
Spent more time on the bench this season than starting. Has not really changed. He is in and out.

I think people expect standout players for Ajax to be quite good for good teams in the PL because Ajax had probably been a top 10/15 team in the world the past few years.

Ziyech was incredible in the CL for Ajax. Watching him be a squad player at Chelsea is below my expectation.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

It’s become clear that VdB is the perfect system player than anything else. He has a bit of everything that helps systems tick over. IF we get ETH I’d expect to see VdB back at United

kthanksbye

One of the few CMs around who looks at home when being pressed. But I always end up wondering who we could sign to play alongside him so that we can continue to play Bruno as a #10. Not many combinations of 6 and 8 are out there who are used to playing behind a 10 like Bruno., most of them are coming from systems that play with two 8s and a 6.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I said he looked a class above them, maybe read the post properly before responding
You said nothing of the sorts about Ziyech. Are you okay?

For me DeLigt and DejOng stood out way aboved the rest. I think DeJOng is quality, think he fits Barcelona perfectly too and unless he gets pushed out by some of the youngsters, I think he would be mad to move personally.

Dont see it happening at all, but wouldbe all over him if truth, as someone else mentioned, him and Rice would be a grat midfield partnership potentially....but again...potential prices, sadly rules out moves for either or Bellingham being prudent this summer when we realistically need up to 7 signings, even though that is unlikely ot happend either, we really NEED to make a bare minimum of 4

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Will never happen, but he and Rice would be an absolute dream and I’d gladly spend the £200m it would take.
Oh how you brought me down (down, down)
All I did was run around (around)
You'll never know how much I loved you
Frenkie, do you remember?
Do you remember me?
Frenkie

bosskeano

You have to be joking....i wouldn't give 2 tesco sandwiches for Rice to come to United alongside Frenkie. Frenkie won't leave Barca as he has no reason to do so based on how they have turned things around with Xavi. Only way he leaves is if they need money to balance the books as he's their biggest asset to sell.

Now Frenkie and Tchouameni would be a bit more ideal

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Rule of thumb with Marca is all Real signings the reported figures are upfront, net, no variables, no agents, both for wages and fees. If it's Barca or anyone Real are missing out on, the opposite applies.

The Barca press likewise, and so on.

Then the British press pick the numbers up (unbeknown to them if gross or net) in Euros and report them as pounds, not that it makes that much difference these days.

Last edited:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Rule of thumb with Marca is all Real signings the reported figures are upfront, net, no variables, no agents, both for wages and fees. If it's Barca or anyone Real are missing out on, the opposite applies.

The Barca likewise, and so on.

Then the British press pick the numbers up (unbeknown to them if gross or net) in Euros and report them as pounds, not that it makes that much difference these days.
Yeah, you’re not making it any easier anto :lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
"Baller"

Oh. My. Word

Let's see him put in these performances in games that actually matter. The Germans outplayed Holland till they couldn't be mithered and brought on inferior players.
There's countless games for Ajax, Barcelona and Holland where he's dominated in top games. As @VanDeBank said above, his ability to resist pressing opposition and break through an oppositions press changes games. I mean, he singlehandedly convinced the footballing world that Donny was a competent player by carrying him in so many big European games.

Bennie Blanco

There's countless games for Ajax, Barcelona and Holland where he's dominated in top games. As @VanDeBank said above, his ability to resist pressing opposition and break through an oppositions press changes games. I mean, he singlehandedly convinced the footballing world that Donny was a competent player by carrying him in so many big European games.
Countless? Baring the season where Ajax reached the semi final of the Champions League, he's underperformed for both Holland and Barcelona. Yes, he's had some good games for Barcelona and he played well in the nations league (glorified friendlies) when Holland reached the final.

He was dreadful in the euros last season and he's doing better under Xavi than he did under Koeman but for the love of Christ.. Let's take it easy.

We're incredibly biased in this country and we have a tendency to get carried away far too quickly, something we tend to accuse the English of I'll have you belief.

KeanoMagicHat

Countless? Baring the season where Ajax reached the semi final of the Champions League, he's underperformed for both Holland and Barcelona. Yes, he's had some good games for Barcelona and he played well in the nations league (glorified friendlies) when Holland reached the final.

He was dreadful in the euros last season and he's doing better under Xavi than he did under Koeman but for the love of Christ.. Let's take it easy.

We're incredibly biased in this country and we have a tendency to get carried away far too quickly, something we tend to accuse the English of I'll have you belief.
Dreadful in the Euros? Thought he was in contention for best team of the group stage.

VanDeBank

Ma’am

What? Him and Dumfries were the best players in most Euro games, with the exception of the Czech game, when everyone was shit.

There were countless posts fawning on his ability during those group games.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/frenkie-de-jong-performances.444823/page-6

Bwuk

Should be trying to force the issue at Barca tbh.

They’ll want to reinvest in areas of their squad, and with Pedri/Gavi you can argue they’d be able to sell De Jong and use the £££ elsewhere.

De Jong or Bellingham have to be the Pogba replacement.

De Jong - McTominay
???? - Bruno - Sancho
Ronaldo​

Yagami

Good post resistant

Okay, let's take out the Ajax games.

Since Joining Barca, yes, he's had a fair few poor showings in big games, but he's joined a bit of a mess (until recently) so, imo, that was bound to happen. However, he's had his fair share of good performances in big games, too. I think they tend to get overlooked because of the situation Barcelona have found themselves in recent years coupled with some big smashings that De Jong was apart of.

As for Holland, whenever I've watched them he's always looked like the best player on the pitch to me. I take it you're Dutch? Sure, the Euros was a disappointment, but I thought De Jong could come out of that tournament with his head held high as, to me, it seemed like he was the one who gave you a fighting chance in each game.

THis was his performance yesterday:

When I watch that, it shows me the exact type of midfielder I personally think my club and country is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.