Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Can you imagine the scenes if we get a Here We Go this weekend from Romano about FDJ signing for Utd!

I bet the board are waiting for us to get spanked by Brentford before announcing it.
Imagine we get spanked by Brentford AND Romano tweeting Chelsea have signed De Jong, while we got Rabiot... :lol:

Old Trafford might really be empty when Liverpool comes in that case.

Brophs

The One and Only
On the one hand, FDJ could stay in a city where he and his partner have made their home and are very happy, at the club of his dreams earning massive sums of money, even if it less he had previously agreed. But he's also going to be called a **** approximately 4,000 times on www.redcafe.net

A lot to ponder.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah they didn't want to pay him the first time, why would they now? Could see him replacing De Ligt at Juve
The issue between him and Chelsea wasn't the money. He was happy enough with the wages. He was going to stay and sign a new deal in 2021 until his father (also his agent) suddenly changed tactics and wanted the same money but on a shorter contract. There was a bit of a standoff about it, then Barca started sniffing around and his was turned.

Red Royal

Imagine we get spanked by Brentford AND Romano tweeting Chelsea have signed De Jong, while we got Rabiot... :lol:

Old Trafford might really be empty when Liverpool comes in that case.
Won't be empty but will be a highly toxic atmosphere...especially if tonked again this year by scousers.

Chief123

With the way Barca have treated FDJ and the smear campaign, if I was FDJ I would absolutely do a Bale on them. I’d stay for at least a year rotting in the reserves (chilling on the beach) while being the highest earner by miles at the club. It would ruffle a few feathers in the dressing room knowing a guy is earning more than double what you are earning while doing nothing.

Then the following summer I’d agree to sign for a club of my choice. Go to sign the contract in front of the media and then get a FaceTime call from Mikky with a sad face and tell the media “Nah, I’ve changed my mind. Barca, I’m coming back”.

Chief123

Won't be empty but will be a highly toxic atmosphere...especially if tonked again this year by scousers.
To be honest I’ve not even paid much attention to the Liverpool game yet.

But you’re right it could get pretty toxic that day. Especially if we lose to Brentford and then spanked by Liverpool. There’s already protests planned for the game. Liverpool matches are quite toxic as it is. It could get very hostile.

I’d be shocked if Glazers turned up for that one.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
To be honest I’ve not even paid much attention to the Liverpool game yet.

But you’re right it could get pretty toxic that day. Especially if we lose to Brentford and then spanked by Liverpool. There’s already protests planned for the game. Liverpool matches are quite toxic as it is. It could get very hostile.

I’d be shocked if Glazers turned up for that one.
Feckers are probably already planning to get the game postponed again.

GoldanoGraham

Why would you assume he’d go back to Chelsea? That seems very unlikely, bridges definitely burnt you’d imagine.
Didn’t he refuse to come on or play in a game at the end of the season in fear of getting injured and ruining his dream move to Barca - complete twat there is no way they would take that snake back.

Loony BoB

Why do people here treat Lidl so bad?
I think it's mostly because it's cheap (price-wise, not quality-wise) so people associate low-cost stuff with it, and low-cost stuff has an association with low-quality whether it's true or not.

Similar to "Poundland _____" when sometimes it's a good place to get something of equal quality than higher price brands.

Judas

Open to offers
Everything points to Chelsea the last 10 days or so. If people would take off the red tinted glasses, it is fairly obvious.
That is true, if people get upset or angry with him going there when it’s unfolded like it has it’s bizarre or being done just to get angry. We’ve had plenty of time to prepare for this outcome now.

I still think we’ve got a chance, but nowhere near as big a chance as it looked awhile back.

dove

Desperately need some positive tweets. Any news from that Juan fella?

LARulz

Everything points to Chelsea the last 10 days or so. If people would take off the red tinted glasses, it is fairly obvious.
Yeah, I don't get how people think we realistically now have a shot vs Chelsea who have CL/London factor and it's not like they wouldn't pay him the same as us if not more

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Like I mentioned before, if that’s true it points to him not wanting to come to Utd and only Chelsea.
No, no it really doesn't. It shows that most reporters are speaking out of their arses when they said a deal is agreed and furthers the point that no one knows what's happening.

It also shows that Chelsea don't value him as high as we do and want to get Barca down to their valuation. Some people are just beyond negative

Real Name

I think it's mostly because it's cheap (price-wise, not quality-wise) so people associate low-cost stuff with it, and low-cost stuff has an association with low-quality whether it's true or not.

Similar to "Poundland _____" when sometimes it's a good place to get something of equal quality than higher price brands.
I don't know how its in England for example but here you can find lots of great stuff for a good price, as you said.

Judas

Open to offers
No, no it really doesn't. It shows that most reporters are speaking out of their arses when they said a deal is agreed and furthers the point that no one knows what's happening.

It also shows that Chelsea don't value him as high as we do and want to get Barca down to their valuation. Some people are just beyond negative
Some people are beyond negative, but you’re swaying a bit close to the beyond positive side of things for me. Think the search for the muppet crown is getting to you. I admire the fight though.

Status
Not open for further replies.