g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmatrix85

Why funny?
You do know we agreed a deal with Barca right? We also agreed to pay his wages. The only issue was he prefers Champions League football and his gf prefers Barca to Manchester. She maybe wants to go to London over Manchester as well.
He means Chelsea got Kounde i think not FDJ. They had agreed to buy him before Barca nipped in.

Suv666

They'll probably sell Depay, Auba and Dest which should be enough to register their new CB. Don't see De Jong leaving.

jmatrix85

They can't lose out on Kounde. Moving on a free was only clauses for Kessie and Christensen. Kounde they paid money for so he isn't leaving even if he isn't registered soon.
He has it written into his contract that he can leave if they cant register him which any player would be smart to do right now going there.

Giggsy13

Hope Frenkie enjoys being a **** in Barca. We got Cas, don’t need him.

Last edited:

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
No. It's pretty obvious that the FdJ money has been reassigned to Casemiro. The club had to move on from De Jong eventually. We were all worried that they might not, but it seems they have finally seen sense.

If we can get Casemiro over the line, we still need a forward, a RB and a #2 goalkeeper, so plenty of work ahead.
Don’t get loaning Henderson until a replacement has been brought in, make it a stipulation, you’re staying here until we get someone then you can go. He most likely would be starting Monday night.
Hoping we get Pulisic (loan) and Anthony done, having both would provide great depth, Meunièr in and also FDJ, spending close to 270m this summer is what’s needed. Maybe recoup money from selling a few players, I mean we have saved a fortune from wages this year.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Don´t see how the feck we'd manage to afford Casemiro, Antony(seems like we are going in for a new bid after £80m was rejected) and De Jong without any outgoings.

We also paid a hefty price for Martinez.
Glazers putting more debt into our club. And taking less dividends out of the club (for now). Thats the answer.

NLunited

Wanna be a big club, gonna have to spend big. Tchouameni for a 100 million€, Anthony for 90-100€ is reasonable (if you can call these deals ever reasonable).

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
They'll probably sell Depay, Auba and Dest which should be enough to register their new CB. Don't see De Jong leaving.
No one wants Dest and there's more noise about Barca terminating Depay's contract than being sold.

NLunited

So probably no Frenkie this window, perhaps we try again in the next? All depends on how things go. Barça could have a terrible season.

Hoof the ball

------------------------------De Gea--------------------------------

---Dalot-----------Varane-----------Martinez-------Malacia---

-----------------Casemiro---------Frenkie--------------------------

-----Antony----------------Eriksen-----------------Sancho------

------------------------------Joao Felix----------------------------------

:lol:

jmatrix85

Fair enough. I’m a bit touchy at the minute :nervous::(
Yeah understandable with the never ending Frenkie saga! I don't think any Utd fan would find it funny if he ended up at Chelsea. Depay and Aub look like being easier sells though, like others have just said above, so we probably won't get him now anyway which is still a huge disappointment. Depay is going to Juve and Aub will probably end up at Chelsea and that will let them fight another season.
He isn’t staying on that salary. This one is a game of chicken and will go to the end which is exactly what we’ve been briefing for weeks.
Why wouldn't he if they offload Depay and Aub? They won't be happy about paying him it but not much they can do unless they bench him to make a statement. Why bench someone you have to pay a ton and not use him which also might decrease his transfer value at the same time though? They will be in bigger trouble if they have a crap season. That would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Yeah understandable with the never ending Frenkie saga! I don't think any Utd fan would find it funny if he ended up at Chelsea. Depay and Aub look like being easier sells though, like others have just said above, so we probably won't get him now anyway which is still a huge disappointment. Depay is going to Juve and Aub will probably end up at Chelsea and that will let them fight another season.

Why wouldn't he if they offload Depay and Aub? They won't be happy about paying him it but not much they can do unless they bench him to make a statement. Why bench someone you have to pay a ton and not use him which also might decrease his transfer value at the same time though? They will be in bigger trouble if they have a crap season. That would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.
He isn’t first choice. Paying 20 odd million a year for someone you don’t actually want is silly. They want Bernardo - he will leave once they make it worthwhile for him to leave by paying his deferred wages.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
Kounde will be registered once Auba is sold. Memphis is also leaving along with Dest most likely so a Frenkie sale has no impact on that situation, no link.

As for the saga. I wonder if the news of United's offer 'expiring' was to soften the blow to the fanbase. If it came out you wasted 3 months chasing a player who has zero interest in joining, I would imagine some of your fans would be burning down Murtough's house. I'm not sure a few pints down the pub would work this time.

Frenkie is expected to start this weekend vs Sociedad and Xavi has admitted should he stay, he'll play an important role. Posts here about him being a **** or benched are childish fiction. The player stood his ground, is getting paid the money he's owed and will have a great chance at winning trophies this season with his dream club, I wouldn't call that weak mentality. Joining a club only for $$$ at 25 would be weak mentality.

Should there be a significant breakthrough on the Bernardo transfer (looking very unlikely now) we could see one final attempt to get him to leave. I'm sure United can find the money and reignite their interest and Chelsea also waiting.

Iron Stove

A part of me, the pipe dream part, thinks Casemiro and Frenkie together sounds awesome in a way, but at the same time they probably operate in the exact same space on the pitch although in completely different roles.

croadyman

No. It's pretty obvious that the FdJ money has been reassigned to Casemiro. The club had to move on from De Jong eventually. We were all worried that they might not, but it seems they have finally seen sense.

If we can get Casemiro over the line, we still need a forward, a RB and a #2 goalkeeper, so plenty of work ahead.
Yeah and another midfielder too, however bit worrying there isn't much talk of that

jmatrix85

He isn’t first choice. Paying 20 odd million a year for someone you don’t actually want is silly. They want Bernardo - he will leave once they make it worthwhile for him to leave by paying his deferred wages.
Well none of us are inside his head so we don't know what he is thinking. He might be determined to prove them wrong and willing to fight to get in the side if he has to. Barca have treated him badly whatevever happens. He is stubborn though, will give him that! He holds all the cards still as well. Doesn't matter how much they pay him a year, he has a contract so they have to pay it, hence why they are trying to poke holes in that contract. Big gamble for him with the world cup coming. Missing out on that would be a big blow.

AnotherLondonManc

A part of me, the pipe dream part, thinks Casemiro and Frenkie together sounds awesome in a way, but at the same time they probably operate in the exact same space on the pitch although in completely different roles.
The position they both operate in is called the pivot. United traditionally play with a double pivot.

What you have described sounds perfect to me

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
This is absolutely on.
United reps are going to walk in to Barca offices, full swag with several briefcases full of cash, slap em on the desk, reveal the contents and say "you know why were here, don't you".

Barca will see the money on the table, go get de Jong and boot him out, cartoon style haha. I do see us making another move soon, offering de Jong a 'once in a lifetime' deal

worldinmotion66

As for the saga. I wonder if the news of United's offer 'expiring' was to soften the blow to the fanbase. If it came out you wasted 3 months chasing a player who has zero interest in joining, I would imagine some of your fans would be burning down Murtough's house. I'm not sure a few pints down the pub would work this time.

Frenkie is expected to start this weekend vs Sociedad and Xavi has admitted should he stay, he'll play an important role. Posts here about him being a **** or benched are childish fiction. The player stood his ground, is getting paid the money he's owed and will have a great chance at winning trophies this season with his dream club, I wouldn't call that weak mentality. Joining a club only for $$$ at 25 would be weak mentality.

Should there be a significant breakthrough on the Bernardo transfer (looking very unlikely now) we could see one final attempt to get him to leave. I'm sure United can find the money and reignite their interest and Chelsea also waiting.
We're not Barca fans mate! The way the club have tried to push him out because of their own ineptitude is disgraceful. To still want to be there is weak, it shows very little self respect. But each to their own. He's a top player and will prove that wherever he's playing next season.

Stadjer

Frenkie his game is about going forward and leaving the dm spot. When you have Casemiro next to you, you know you can go forward without worrying about the defensive side. They would work together very well i think.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
United reps are going to walk in to Barca offices, full swag with several briefcases full of cash, slap em on the desk, reveal the contents and say "you know why were here, don't you".

Barca will see the money on the table, go get de Jong and boot him out, cartoon style haha. I do see us making another move soon, offering de Jong a 'once in a lifetime' deal
:lol:

Yeah, in all seriousness, i'll be quite surprised if we don't go back in

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Well the casemiro train had a short commute to finalization , it was nice Holliday to distract us from frenkie.

Time to get back in the frenkie train now.

loop

R. Madrid played 4D chess. now not only barca is screwed now, they got a nice sum of money from us.

Iron Stove

Frenkie his game is about going forward and leaving the dm spot. When you have Casemiro next to you, you know you can go forward without worrying about the defensive side. They would work together very well i think.
It sounds terrific in a way, just wondered if there could be an issue that they would get in each others way. But like you mention they also look to complement each other great skill wise. Not sure we have enough money left now though, but one can dream.

OrcaFat

Well looks like Casemiro is nearly done... wonder if that will be a little nudge to get de Jong into action and get him here haha.

This isn't over yet I feel. He's still ten Hags main target and I think he's going to go in strong soon
It’s the old adage “somebody gotta go first”.

The ETH project at MUFC (still one of the very biggest clubs in the world) would probably appeal to a lot of players, especially given the cash we always offer. But they all think “what if it’s just me? What if no other world class players join the project?”.

One brings two, two brings three, and so on (until the money runs out!). I could see it panning out that way.

OrcaFat

It sounds terrific in a way, just wondered if there could be an issue that they would get in each others way. But like you mention they also look to complement each other great skill wise. Not sure we have enough money left now though, but one can dream.
Could play them both with Fred as a pressing no8, any two from Eriksen, Bruno and Sancho as inverted wingers (like wide no10s), and a CF ahead of them. Might be good. The full backs would have to bomb on and, let’s face it, raise their level somewhat. I think it would be a good way to line up.

lex talionis

Exactly. Frenkie and Casemiro would work together brilliantly. Let’s see if we can swap out the word would for will.

Status
Not open for further replies.