Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedChisel

The opinions keep getting worse. Are you still going to say he’s up his own arse when he’s starting for us in a few months time?
I don't think there's a worry of that. He clearly doesn't want to come.

GoldanoGraham

Anyone and everyone is just clickbaiting any old shite now about this being:

a) Impasse over fee
b) He doesn’t want to come
c) ETH has convinced him if the project
d) He will now stay at Barca

All we now need if for some other club to enter negotiations and this will create millions more tweets and meltdown on this forum.

RedChisel

Any suggestions that would be as good as FdJ?
Where did I say they had to be as good? just actually wanting to come here would be a start. But hey let's chase big names who have to be dragged kicking and screaming because that has worked so well in the past.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I am getting tired of this saga…

The player doesn’t want to come
Barca doesn’t want to sell him cheaply to us
We don’t want to pay over the odds

Giggsy13

Again, Neves is looking pretty good right now, some of you might have to change your tune :lol:

Give me some Eriksen on a free as well.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
All the reports coming out, Barca saying they have another meeting this week on their finances where they need 500m. If they can find that money, De Jong stays.
Thats a huge if though

Judas

Open to offers
What do you want? We've all been here many times before. Some of us don't like to just pretend we're 100% signing a player from the first time we are linked with them.
Its a laugh innit have some fun. I don’t really get the need to be this angry at this point in the window, trust me I’ll be raging if it’s gets to near the end of July and we’ve made barely any progress. But it’s such early days. New manager on board and there’s just misery and no optimism.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Nobody just has a meeting to find 500m. You know long before the meeting whether you have it or not. It’s not like it’s some loose change down the back of the couch.

These threads are always a roller coaster. 99% of the tweets are nonsense. People get crazily invested. It was better in the days of teletext. You’d just find out we were interested in a player because he’d signed.

johndurham49

Again, Neves is looking pretty good right now, some of you might have to change your tune :lol:

Give me some Eriksen on a free as well.
Eriksen would be a great buy, as would Neves. I wouldn't say no to looking at Brenna Johnson either. He has been playing without fear for my home country recently

DickDastardly

We're getting him.

No way in hell does ETH start the season without him.

The man can do wonders with lesser players but he needs time to create them....Frenkie is already a player he knows and helped to create.

It's a shortcut to success for ETH.

That's why this HAS to go through.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Its a laugh innit have some fun. I don’t really get the need to be this angry at this point in the window, trust me I’ll be raging if it’s gets to near the end of July and we’ve made barely any progress. But it’s such early days. New manager on board and there’s just misery and no optimism.
Honestly, it doesn't anger me at all. I'm at a stage with United where I can just accept whatever happens these days. But it doesn't stop me questioning some of the things that seem to be happening. I know it is early days but by all accounts we wanted business done early and time for the manager to work with his complete squad. Which make perfect sense given our predicament. Given we're about 3 weeks or less from training together and then jetting off to the far east, it is clear that we have been too slow again. Unless of course we pull a flurry of transfers in quick succession, which we all know is incredibly unlikely.

Castia

This isn’t happening and never was, if our grand plan for a midfielder was FdJ then were in bigger trouble than I thought.

Midfield is a position we’ve been weak in for a long time we should have a list of a hundred players scouted from across Europe capable of improving our lot.

Trex

We're getting him.

No way in hell does ETH start the season without him.

The man can do wonders with lesser players but he needs time to create them....Frenkie is already a player he knows and helped to create.

It's a shortcut to success for ETH.

That's why this HAS to go through.
It will go through if all interested parties come to an agreement otherwise we'll have to find an alternative.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

Getting boring now, same stuff everyday. I know they read this forum so I think I speak for everyone when I say... just fecking get it over and done with

elnorte

Freaky fly day
All the reports coming out, Barca saying they have another meeting this week on their finances where they need 500m. If they can find that money, De Jong stays.
As overjoyed as he'll be if allowed to remain at Barcelona, he'll be equally relieved at not having to join United.

Kaushal

If Barcelona are being that stubborn then how about we move on to some other targets we need and let this de jong situation stay cold till 30th June and make Barcelona sweat ? No, rather we linger on and neither will focus on other signings nor would be able to Barcelona accept a reasonable fee. Then at the end, WE not Barca gonna panic and pay over the odds for de Jong ultimately slashing our budget in half and either won’t be able to afford other signings or going to watch our targets get picked up by other clubs.

And to be honest i don’t buy the Barcelona financial bullshit atleast not to the extent that’s always getting mentioned. I keep hearing Barca are fecked, well if they are really fecked then why the hell they aren’t so desperate to sell him asap to get out of this financial mess when they are this close to June 30th ?

Trex

Honestly, it doesn't anger me at all. I'm at a stage with United where I can just accept whatever happens these days. But it doesn't stop me questioning some of the things that seem to be happening. I know it is early days but by all accounts we wanted business done early and time for the manager to work with his complete squad. Which make perfect sense given our predicament. Given we're about 3 weeks or less from training together and then jetting off to the far east, it is clear that we have been too slow again. Unless of course we pull a flurry of transfers in quick succession, which we all know is incredibly unlikely.
If you consider when ETH was hired though, we've had less time to work on plans for this summer compared to City with Pep or Liverpool with Klopp.
Its telling Chelsea also haven't made any signings yet because they also had major changes in the background.

AndySmith1990

Getting boring now, same stuff everyday. I know they read this forum so I think I speak for everyone when I say... just fecking get it over and done with
Literally the same thing is repeated on a daily basis. If this is how the recruitment team is planning to spemd the first month of the transfer window we're screwed.

Trex

If Barcelona are being that stubborn then how about we move on to some other targets we need and let this de jong situation stay cold till 30th June and make Barcelona sweat ? No, rather we linger on and neither will focus on other signings nor would be able to Barcelona accept a reasonable fee. Then at the end, WE not Barca gonna panic and pay over the odds for de Jong ultimately slashing our budget in half and either won’t be able to afford other signings or going to watch our targets get picked up by other clubs.

And to be honest i don’t buy the Barcelona financial bullshit atleast not to the extent that’s always getting mentioned. I keep hearing Barca are fecked, well if they are really fecked then why the hell they aren’t so desperate to sell him asap to get out of this financial mess when they are this close to June 30th ?
We have reportedly offered Eriksen a deal so we're trying to do other business as well.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We have reportedly offered Eriksen a deal so we're trying to do other business as well.
Nah we will have others in the shortlist. It may be two to replace De Jong but I am not concerned. The whole rebuild doesn't depend on one single player. If it did, its being done wrong.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I'm embarrassing because I don't want us to waste time trying to sign someone who is clearly desperate to stay at their current club?
Your over the top reaction and claiming that he's 'up his own arse' was embarrassing

caid

I dont know why he'd be overjoyed to remain at Barcelona to be honest. If he stays they have to sell a big chunk of their future earnings and cant register any players. So getting knocked out of the europa league semi's and finishing a distant second to Real Madrid / competing against Valencia and Sevilla for top 4 in Spain for the foreseeable future.
Even when we're completely shit and terrible we manage that, its not a great standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.