Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony247

I said before, saying it again, Barca asking price is fair in my opinion. If united don't have that budget then we should move to the next cheaper target.

That said, if all this negotiation is to save £5m and the board thinks its worth it then so be it. Let it drag, what can we say.

NLunited

I don‘t think they are trying to save 5 mill. Barcelona is probably asking a 100 mill., the feckers.

croadyman

According to the article: Manchester United and Barca hope to continue to approach a position to finalise the deal for the Dutchman, as long as Barca receive an extra €10m in fixed fee and €5m in add-ons.
Sounds like we are offering €65m plus addons and they want €80m

Bestietom

Deal will be done next week or not at all. Barca must get their books in order by 30th June, so things should happen next week.

Pronewbie

Peep
Calm before the storm. Stone said we wanted clarity on De Jong and Eriksen by Monday. Big weekend ahead then next week will be all about Antony.
I certainly hope for this to be the case. It makes too much sense to have at least a 1 week buffer before pre-season training begins. Players need time to adapt to a new city together with their loved ones. It's not just about football.

Bob McRib

Supports
Tennessee Volunteers
The way Barca have been operating this week I think this deal is done.
My buddy following closely its better for Barca if they wait until July to sell him, based on everything i'm reading in this thread he may have that backwards.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think it'll get done, same with Eriksen, and all will be fine in a week... But like .. if this falls through, it'll be really ugly here and the squad will probably be demoralized too.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
According to the article: Manchester United and Barca hope to continue to approach a position to finalise the deal for the Dutchman, as long as Barca receive an extra €10m in fixed fee and €5m in add-ons.
I can't believe how long we've been haggling over the fee. These are the same numbers more or less that we have been hearing for several weeks. Just pay the fecking money and move on. Jesus.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Franckie whether he comes or not United wouldnt be winning the champions league. The owners are penny pinching and it looks bad for Erick.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I think it'll get done, same with Eriksen, and all will be fine in a week... But like .. if this falls through, it'll be really ugly here and the squad will probably be demoralized too.
I agree it may get done but not in a week. Maybe 4 or 5 weeks.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
So thrown in against scousers on Aug 20 after maybe a couple of weeks training
Yep. The hysteria about signing players NOW is mainly down to people craving the transfer buzz but it is true that there are advantages with getting players in early that we consistently don’t care about for the sake of trying (and often failing) to bring the price down.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I’m pretty sure it would’ve leaked from either side
The CEO of Manchester United just last weekend said Murtough is working all hours on transfers and we have people in Barcelona negotiating this deal at present. I’ll take his word for it.
Barca will leak what suits Barca, and at this point that is pushing up the price and eeking out the timescale in the hope somebody else comes along and they can start a bidding war.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I can't believe how long we've been haggling over the fee. These are the same numbers more or less that we have been hearing for several weeks. Just pay the fecking money and move on. Jesus.
Time hasn't been against us though, it's more or less immaterial whether we sign him Monday or 3 weeks ago given that he will be on hol for the next few weeks (saying that it certainly will be against us if this keeps dragging on).

So why not try and negotiate with the broke club?

The only benefit is to shut the muppets up. Which to be fair, might be worth it. :D

Nicoseth

Time hasn't been against us though, it's more or less immaterial whether we sign him Monday or 3 weeks ago given that he will be on hol for the next few weeks (saying that it certainly will be against us if this keeps dragging on).

So why not try and negotiate with the broke club?

The only benefit is to shut the muppets up. Which to be fair, might be worth it. :D
Haha! You're right, mate - and i get what you're saying. But as you say, it would be worth getting this done ASAP for the boost it would give the fans and the players already at the club. It's also clear that this is holding up other business that we want to do.

We seem to be haggling over a 10-15m, which is not nothing, but we have wasted a month trying to negotiate the fee and it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference. Either pay it or don't, but we need to kick start the transfer window.

Kaushal

Franckie whether he comes or not United wouldnt be winning the champions league. The owners are penny pinching and it looks bad for Erick.
So, there is no point in signing him or any other player then. And winning the CL is the last thing we should be concerned about right now. Let’s make 5 successful passes first without losing the ball. Shall we ?

Redcy

Haha! You're right, mate - and i get what you're saying. But as you say, it would be worth getting this done ASAP for the boost it would give the fans and the players already at the club. It's also clear that this is holding up other business that we want to do.

We seem to be haggling over a 10-15m, which is not nothing, but we have wasted a month trying to negotiate the fee and it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference. Either pay it or don't, but we need to kick start the transfer window.
well they originally said they wanted 100m euros, and it seems the like price will be 80, barca have been trying every trick in the book, leaking how he loves barca, how they don’t need to sell, that they have economic levers. It seems on our side we have been pretty resolute in saying we will pay 60 +5, with us maybe moving to 65+ 10-15. Barca havehad the opportunity to accepT those figures for some time, but have been trying to drawit out, even throwing in they want aswap with city. Looking at it that way it looks like we have a figure, know barca need to make a decision, and we will wait for them

Nicoseth

well they originally said they wanted 100m euros, and it seems the like price will be 80, barca have been trying every trick in the book, leaking how he loves barca, how they don’t need to sell, that they have economic levers. It seems on our side we have been pretty resolute in saying we will pay 60 +5, with us maybe moving to 65+ 10-15. Barca havehad the opportunity to accepT those figures for some time, but have been trying to drawit out, even throwing in they want aswap with city. Looking at it that way it looks like we have a figure, know barca need to make a decision, and we will wait for them
And I understand all that (although even I think Utd are taking the piss trying to get FDJ for 65m euros). But where are the other signings? We could have moved for other players but it seems we're waiting to get FDJ done first - this I don't understand and we will miss out on players as a result.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Yeah I take your point, it's expecially frustrating when the glazers just took that in dividends. I agree we're reaching the time where the clubs need to find a compromise or at least United need to line up alternatives (to which they migjt be doing).

I think we will reach a compromise that both clubs are happy with, 75-80m euros including bonuses is my guess. Both clubs will want to come out looking good and of course the point of the deal is to reach something we're all happy with.

worldinmotion66

Honestly wouldn't even surprise me if we just want to drag this out a few extra weeks to save ourselves a million in wages. We seem to be confident that the player wants to join us and there seems to be no other competition for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.