• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAF is the GOAT

With our "luck" it will 75m+5m add on's

Just give me 1 bloody reason to be proud with our DOF and the club

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Physical, aerial, athletic, disciplined. We have no others. I don’t think we will buy another midfielder.
Will be interesting to see. He needs to track runners better but perhaps ETH can help him with that.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Who are you talking about? Because that's certainly not McTominay.
I've not seen this entire conversation, but I still think there is a useful player in Scotty. Needs bringing out but I reckon he can be physical. Are there better in the world, certainly!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I'm wondering what sort of fit FDJ would be with Declan Rice - I have a feeling we might bid for him next year if he hasn't gone elsewhere in the meantime

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
He’s older than Rodri, not as good as Rodri and injury prone.

He’s a bench warmer.
I'd be willing to bet that pep has a plan... but I agree that he isn't as good as Rodri. Maybe Rodri wants to move on at the end of his contract, maybe go home to Spain

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think he looks a fantastic player. He looks the most Modric player I’ve seen since, well Modric. For us to get a player of his quality in the position we are in is frankly quite ridiculous. He will make the world of difference to us because he’s what we’ve needed for years. He will replace McT I would think and that upgrade is huge. I’d love another signing in midfield of the same quality but I think that may come next season.

As for Barca I think the issue is similar to Pogba with us in that they have played him in the wrong position. Literally the exact opposite of how we put Pogba as a deep midfielder they played FDJ as a more advanced player. I don’t think he’s been terrible at all for them either but Ten Hag will use him properly.
This I can get behind. I know PL Modric wasn’t flying around making tackles or pressing like a lunatic but he was calm composed press resistant and creative. A magic player. If we can go from McT to FDJ as you said it will be a massive upgrade. the problem is if FDJ gets injured we are probably back to Fred and McT and that’s clearly not been good enough. I think Fred and FDJ next year would be enough to get us top 4 if the forwards can find a way to spark. They will have to work much harder than they have done at any other point post Fergie though. Hopefully the hunger is there.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
well that is a reasonable description of Ole, unfortunately
What about Mourinho? Because McTominay wasn't disciplined or competent then and he was still not disciplined under Rangnick nor is he disciplined or good for Scotland.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I do have a feeling that if they finally get FDJ over the line, Eriksen will follow soon after. Let's hope other transfers can be done a bit quicker.... I still want to know who is going to score out goals and who will be wearing the No.9 shirt

florisW

Supports
Ajax
I think he looks a fantastic player. He looks the most Modric player I’ve seen since, well Modric. For us to get a player of his quality in the position we are in is frankly quite ridiculous. He will make the world of difference to us because he’s what we’ve needed for years. He will replace McT I would think and that upgrade is huge. I’d love another signing in midfield of the same quality but I think that may come next season.

As for Barca I think the issue is similar to Pogba with us in that they have played him in the wrong position. Literally the exact opposite of how we put Pogba as a deep midfielder they played FDJ as a more advanced player. I don’t think he’s been terrible at all for them either but Ten Hag will use him properly.
And you know he made a fool of modrics when Ajax won 1-4 at Madrid.
Just look it up on youtube and you will see what a kind of player Ten Hag can make him.Sadly i can’t post it yet, but i hope i can in the future

city-puma

Will be interesting to see. He needs to track runners better but perhaps ETH can help him with that.
I think a coach with such a strong philosophy like ETH will definitely develop players to sense how and where the play will develop and evolve in game. It’s a matter how long the players can be on the same page. With a disastrous season like the past one, the players will make the greatest effort I can imagine like never before. Kinda DOA.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
What about Mourinho? Because McTominay wasn't disciplined or competent then and he was still not disciplined under Rangnick nor is he disciplined or good for Scotland.
To be fair, McT was very young back them. And I didn't say he was disciplined but that a good boss might get more out of him and he looks to have it within him to be physical. Is he my first name on the team sheet, very much no but I think he's come in for a lot of stick here when other more experienced players have been just as poor

city-puma

I do have a feeling that if they finally get FDJ over the line, Eriksen will follow soon after. Let's hope other transfers can be done a bit quicker.... I still want to know who is going to score out goals and who will be wearing the No.9 shirt
My biggest question is how ETH can rediscover from the team how to score goals considering Greenwood won’t be available in near future. How can he address that?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
This is what I'm hoping - a domino effect once we get the big one out of the way.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
My biggest question is how ETH can rediscover from the team how to score goals considering Greenwood won’t be available in near future. How can he address that?
To my mind, he has to go out and buy a real centre forward. It was why I thought Nunez wasn't the worst idea in the world. It's why I was hoping against hope that Spurs wouldn't finish top four and Kane might be stupid enough to join us!! We need a guy who score 20 league goals a season - something even Ronaldo won't be able to do next season and anyway, he isn't a No.9 to me

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Ronaldo of course. Obviously in the 7 shirt though. If you meant the actual shirt number, it isn’t currently unoccupied so no mystery there.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To be fair, McT was very young back them. And I didn't say he was disciplined but that a good boss might get more out of him and he looks to have it within him to be physical. Is he my first name on the team sheet, very much no but I think he's come in for a lot of stick here when other more experienced players have been just as poor
He wasn't very young, he started for United at 21 and he is now 25. He wasn't very young then and isn't particularly young now. It's Lingard all over again.

MyBloodIsRed

I also think they are wanting FDJ to be the first signing as a the statement…. Don’t sign or announce smaller players until the biggest one.

also could be others are wanting to see the big one and then will sign (ie Eriksen) because it shows the team will be strong and hopefully challenge

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I guess the worry would be for positions where sales are needed first. For example I can't see us signing a CB before Bailly and/or Jones leave. Nor a RB unless AWB goes. So those may take a bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.