Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

EtH

Because those journalists will report what is the conversation between FDJ and United. No way United would negotiate for a player who privately also tells us that he wont move incase deal is agreed. We cant force a player to sign for us so no way we are negotiating for FDJ if we haven’t had discussion with him.

It can still collapse but i think you are being negative just for sake of being one. This isnt some rumour coming from less trusted source. Infact our CEO is on camera saying we are negotiating for him. Just because it is not meeting the some fans timeline doesn’t mean we should abadon it now
Yet you'll believe and come up with anything to believe it's off, whilst having absolutely no idea whether it is or not, because, well, you know as much as we do.
To be fair I hope I am very wrong. Would love him at United, especially under EtH. But we’ve been here before. And this feels much more like Sneijder or Vidal than Berba. I’m not just being negative for the sake of being negative.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
To be fair I hope I am very wrong. Would love him at United, especially under EtH. But we’ve been here before. And this feels much more like Sneijder or Vidal than Berba. I’m not just being negative for the sake of being negative.
They all say this :lol:

WPMUFC

can we move on please? No one is going to convince anyone to change their mind. The saga will continue until there is a briefing from our side either way.

EtH

So de Jong speaks the truth to the media and it can't be questioned, but Laporta lies though his teeth and is a clown so shouldn't be believed?

You really can't judge anyone when what you're saying is completely contradictory
So you're willing to take Frenkie at face value but not Laporta :wenger:

Because it suits your narrative obviously.
We had already agreed a fee, FFS. :lol:

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I mean... Sneijder was ALL media driven. There was nothing from the club at all, all the media sources were crap and Inter said it was one of Sneijder or Eto'o going, and we all know who went. If we were ever interested, it went cold quick and United never returned, media didn't get that notice though

Vidal....yeah that was painful, but we'll all remember and have fond memories of Chilevision. Fun times all round.

Berba has to be my most loved saga of all time. Following it through the day, from Fergie hijacking him at the airport, to seeing him walk past the window at OT looking slick, loved every minute and stayed up all night watching it

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
We had already agreed a fee, FFS. :lol:
Doesn't matter... what's said in public doesn't react what goes on behind closed doors. Laporta proves that. Take that logic and apply it to de Jong and you have the same thing... what he says to the media might not be what he says to the club, agent, United.

Berbaclass

Each passing day of absolute nowt.
How exactly is nothing going on? The fecking CEO and DoF flew to Barcelona to negotiate a few days ago. Stop being impatient.

It's a complicated deal for reasons that have been explained many times. It will get done.

EtH

Doesn't matter... what's said in public doesn't react what goes on behind closed doors. Laporta proves that. Take that logic and apply it to de Jong and you have the same thing... what he says to the media might not be what he says to the club, agent, United.
Whatever gets you through the night.

Acquire Me

I mean... Sneijder was ALL media driven. There was nothing from the club at all, all the media sources were crap and Inter said it was one of Sneijder or Eto'o going, and we all know who went. If we were ever interested, it went cold quick and United never returned, media didn't get that notice though

Vidal....yeah that was painful, but we'll all remember and have fond memories of Chilevision. Fun times all round.

Berba has to be my most loved saga of all time. Following it through the day, from Fergie hijacking him at the airport, to seeing him walk past the window at OT looking slick, loved every minute and stayed up all night watching it
It was a beautiful saga. I remember all the movie titles with Berba as well. Really good times.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Whatever gets you through the night.
You can't accept your logic makes no sense.

Laporta = Liar and shouldn't be believed

de Jong = totally truthful and fully believable

They BOTH said to the media he's staying. So why is one truthful and one a liar? A fee has been agreed... according to the media. You believe that, but when they say de Jong is open to a move, its a lie? How do you know that de Jong hasn't said I want my money before I go? Are you his best friend does he tell you everything?

EtH

You can't accept your logic makes no sense.

Laporta = Liar and shouldn't be believed

de Jong = totally truthful and fully believable

They BOTH said to the media he's staying. So why is one truthful and one a liar? How do you know that de Jong hasn't said I want my money before I go? Are you his best friend does he tell you everything?
We had already agreed a fee when Laporta said that. It was obviously bollocks. You can try to conflate the two but it makes no sense whatsoever.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
We had already agreed a fee when Laporta said that. It was obviously bollocks. You can try to conflate the two but it makes no sense whatsoever.
But you're believing the media when they say a fee is agreed... but when the media say de Jong is open to a move, you call it lies?

Berbaclass

Insistence from United's side that he's willing to join also makes you question Frenkies public stance though no?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Insistence from United's side that he's willing to join also makes you question Frenkies public stance though no?
Probably not because, as with a lot of people, they truly believe that de Jong is speaking the absolute truth, whereas United and those Close to them are liars and ten Hag is a fool and should be ashamed at wasting time chasing him

Berbaclass

Probably not because, as with a lot of people, they truly believe that de Jong is speaking the absolute truth, whereas United and those Close to them are liars and ten Hag is a fool and should be ashamed at wasting time chasing him
I choose to describe it as delusional myself.

EtH

I didn’t even remotely say this. Take a deep breath, FFS.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
He needs to confer with @WI_Red about catching a nap during stressful times.
Listen, if the 48 hour fever dream that the 2020 election turned into taught me anything it's that lack of sleep, bourbon, and obscene levels of coffee can do the impossible..... make the cnuts on the Caf actually worry about you and pretend to care. Oh, and get tagline. So if you're looking for validation and a tagline I can not more highly recommend it.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Spent a bit of time lurking in this thread trying to convince myself I’m less of a muppet than the rest. Who am I kidding? Page after page of the same posts worded in thousands of different ways and still I gobble it up, insatiable ,like the dreadful muppet wretch I am.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Does it mean when Ronaldo said he wanted to leave, he actually meant he wanted to stay?
I am confused.

NLunited

I'm not totally sure he is cut out for the league though. I wonder if he has the legs and lungs ready to go to play consistently in such a high tempo league. If I look at VDB as an example, I find it hard to hype this kid up too knowing what we know now. It's not always that easy to adapt to a new league, granted I only watched Barcelona about three times last season but in neither of those games he put in the effort needed for our midfield. We don't need a passenger type who may be prone to sulking or down tools, we need someone who is strong enough all around to hold the midfield down. Maybe he is.
He runs about 11km in a full game, for starters. So he has an excellent workrate, and his defensive stats when played as the deepest midfielder are good too.

He is not playing in his best position at Barça.

OpenIntrovert

Does it mean when Ronaldo said he wanted to leave, he actually meant he wanted to stay?
I am confused.
There is no need to bring Ronaldo into the picture. What Brownie mentions is that the player and club have to paint a positive picture. Laporta has to paint a positive picture to the fans so that the trust is there and De Jong needs to paint a positive picture to the media as he is still a player under contract with Barcelona and he doesn't want to burn his bridges. This is quite normal when faced with situations that disturb the reputation of the organization or employee.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Spent a bit of time lurking in this thread trying to convince myself I’m less of a muppet than the rest. Who am I kidding? Page after page of the same posts worded in thousands of different ways and still I gobble it up, insatiable ,like the dreadful muppet wretch I am.
Welcome. Join us, we have cake!
The cake is a lie

UnitedFire

How exactly is nothing going on? The fecking CEO and DoF flew to Barcelona to negotiate a few days ago. Stop being impatient.

It's a complicated deal for reasons that have been explained many times. It will get done.
Yeah what Berba said, be patient, we are bound to sign de Jong before he retires even if its after a serious injury when he is 36 and a free agent. Believe! We can do things in the transfer market that no one else would dream of doing.

DevilRed

It really isn’t.

An employment contract is a contract first and foremost.

The contract on a basic level is money for services, but with the added employee employer protections.

your employer does not continue to pay after your employment ends because you cease to provide the services.

in this case we are talking about money owed for services already provided. If your employer fails to pay you a months wages and then you leave, they don’t suddenly get to avoid paying those wages to you. Don’t be daft.

There is an awful lot of misinformation on here about this topic from comments like yours that purport a level of knowledge and understanding that just isn’t there.
Except that isn't the case here. They aren't unpaid wages. They are deferred wages paid over the remainder of the duration of his contract. There is a massive difference.

This was what Frenkie agreed to previously (wrongly in hindsight), and now barcelona are trying to weasel out of it by ending his contract via transfer to us.

You're just making shite up when you clearly haven't a clue.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
There is no need to bring Ronaldo into the picture. What Brownie mentions is that the player and club have to paint a positive picture. Laporta has to paint a positive picture to the fans so that the trust is there and De Jong needs to paint a positive picture to the media as he is still a player under contract with Barcelona and he doesn't want to burn his bridges. This is quite normal when faced with situations that disturb the reputation of the organization or employee.
Ok. So if it is for positive picture, they always lied; if it is negative picture, it's always true?
Or it all depends on what you want to believe? :lol:

Sorry, bro. I'm just messing with you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.