Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Not really. Sancho agreed to join us well before it happened. Grealish too. But this is football. Things can change… Liverpool could peruse someone else. Bellingham might like a pitch we give him now that we are back in the Champions league and ETH just missed out on the title in his first season :lol:
:nono: Clearly that isn’t realistic and won’t happen. EtH is winning that thing. Probably. :lol:

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Just some thoughts on this.

If it were you, you made a sacrifice to restructure your wages to help the club and now they try to screw you over and throw you out the door without paying all those back wages, would you willingly help them again by leaving or would you double down and demand they either pay the back wages or you will stay? Hard to infer anything into this more than that. He may or may not have wanted to come, but that is all irrelevant now as 17 million pounds are at stake here. He could just stay and screw them over by taking the back wages and leaving on a free and sign even higher wages at the end of his contract. I don't see anything wrong with this. He has the moral high ground AND the bargaining leverage. Barca will lose their transfer plans and they also cannot afford to pay so much to someone to just bench him in the reserves for the whole season.

It also isn't unreasonable for Man Utd to know that FDJ is getting shafted and offering him somewhere to go which he is open to joining, but pending the back wages being resolved. Unfortunately, it now doesn't look like it will be resolved, which means the deal will likely fall through. Really not an issue of the club that Barca are run by right real pricks. Now it's a question of how desperate Barca will get and if they can broker a compromise deal with FDJ after all this bad blood. I'm pretty sure Man Utd already put a deadline on this and will move on if this isn't resolved by then. If they do, then fair play and they tried their best. Move on and get other targets. Put this circus behind us.
Bang on. Personally I hope FDJ makes Barca cough up so it'll put an end to all their nonsense in the market. I mean, wasn't Raphinha meant to be confirmed this week?

MinGin

Frenkie is sure one egoistical person to put himself against the club.

Most players would just leave on goodwill and continue to their good relationships with their old club and new club. That's not to say someone with a big head won't succeed. People like CR7 or Zlatan have succeeded.
It would be a very expensive goodwill (17M EUR).
If your club asked for a help to save them in a mismanged finanial problem, then you accept the restructure contract (paycut in first two year and give you back in following 2/3 year)
Then after 2 year of paycut salary and enter payback year, your team treat you and push you out. But on the other side, you are watching that your team is still using 50/60m to buy new player continuously and keep chasing Lewandowski with a big fat contract but refuse to pay you what you should got in the past 2 year.]
Then, what do you feel?

Plant0x84

If your club asked for a help to save them in a mismanged finanial problem, then you accept the restructure contract (paycut in first two year and give you back in following 2/3 year)
Then after 2 year of paycut salary and enter payback year, your team treat you and push you out. But on the other side, you are watching that your team is still using 50/60m to buy new player continuously and keep chasing Lewandowski with a big fat contract but refuse to pay you what you should got in the past 2 year.]
Then, what do you feel?
I think he must be a Barca fan. Deluded as they come.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper

Most players would just leave on goodwill and continue to their good relationships with their old club and new club. That's not to say someone with a big head won't succeed. People like CR7 or Zlatan have succeeded.
Nonsense. Barca owe FDJ £17m and are trying to wriggle their way out of it so they can buy some new shiny toys even though they have massive debts that they should be dealing with first.

If anything Barca should be the ones showing him goodwill for helping them out not trying to avoid their responsibilities.

tombombadil

Bang on. Personally I hope FDJ makes Barca cough up so it'll put an end to all their nonsense in the market. I mean, wasn't Raphinha meant to be confirmed this week?
Thanks. Agreed. I hope FDJ makes them pay as well. No idea on Raphinha though. I only heard rumors are that funding is dependent on getting rid of FDJ

Last edited:

tombombadil

Then, what do you feel?
Spot on

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
That MUTV interview is going to be awkward as hell :lol:
"So you had no joined the best club in the world. Please tell us about the club of your dreams and what you think about Manchester after having lived in Barcelona for so long. Erm why are you crying?"

Plant0x84

According to the respectable Spanish publication "Sport" when Barca told De Jong that they've accepted a bid from United, he opened his buttcheeks and farted "no" in D Minor
To be fair it would be an impressive feat to fart out all of ‘give me my money!‘ one word was probably the best he could manage :lol:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Then, what do you feel?
I've seen a lot of bad things happening in 40 years of following football from players being frozen out of the first team with no access to training facilities right to players being fined for even breathing so they'll take the hint and leave. However this really takes the biscuit. Actually what they did to Pique is worse. A homegrown talent who was central to so much success for the club had been told to retire because he's now not good enough for them while concurrently being told that they expect him to forgive most of the debt they have with him

Chief123

No I’m not. I don’t have Twitter I don’t going round reporting news. I just have some insight on this topic.

Maybe you just grow up and stop treating everyone like some internet dweeb chasing clout.
I have some insight on Bellingham’s proposed club too.

I know what I know. I’ve got some insight on it too. You are wrong.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Then, what do you feel?
Like a right twat.

Chief123

His people have been letting it out the bag and I’ve heard about it.

Also notice his whole family was at the Champions league final. Doesn’t mean much (If I’m trying to convince people I’m an ITK) but he could of watched it at home.
:lol: Oh he’s defo going Liverpool in that case!

Dude, do you realise there was another team there called Real Madrid who have been heavily linked with him for next season too?

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax

What a load of bullshit. Barcelona should pay him all they owe him. They tricked him into a new contract in which his wages would be paid at a later stage and now they want to push him out. Dirty classless tricks. Frenkie has all the right not to accept this. I hope he stands firm and makes Barca pay every penny, before leaving. Barcelona are an absolute joke of a club.

Bosws87

:lol: Oh he’s defo going Liverpool in that case!

Dude, do you realise there was another team there called Real Madrid who have been heavily linked with him for next season too?
Man gets free tickets and goes.

Some exclusive that :lol:

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
This transfer is absurd to be honest, have we not learnt from past mistakes? We shouldn’t be signing players who don’t wanna join - and in this case he really, really doesn’t.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
This transfer is absurd to be honest, have we not learnt from past mistakes? We shouldn’t be signing players who don’t wanna join - and in this case he really, really doesn’t.
Not wanting to leave Barcelona does not mean he doesn't want to join us.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Not according to reliable UK journalists

Status
Not open for further replies.